Liberty Belle decorated for Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee

Jasonflz

:shrug: I don't understand the criticism geared towards Atlantis.

It definitely was one of the more entertaining family films to come out at that period.

EPCOT Explorer

In terms of main characters who are the heroic centers of the films. I agree with much of the criticism. (And EVE is a robot, so not female - any more than Wall•E is male.)

As I said, there are many articles on the issue if you search, here's one.

They are fantastic films, but the criticism is warranted, in my opinion.
No...WALL-E and Eve have genders. All the robots do.

:shrug: I don't understand the criticism geared towards Atlantis.

It definitely was one of the more entertaining family films to come out at that period.
It was just so meh.:shrug: Looked great, but didn't have the Disney *spark*

FigmentJedi

I think they're very mediocre to bad, yes.:wave:

I'll at least give you Treasure PLanet as well, but the problems with that can mostly be blamed on BEN. Worst sidekick ever. Robinsons and Bolt are the signs Disney Animation was getting back on its feet after Eisner and I'd say the 90s starting trend of good movies ended with Lilo and Stitch.

SirGoofy

I'll at least give you Treasure PLanet as well, but the problems with that can mostly be blamed on BEN. Worst sidekick ever. Robinsons and Bolt are the signs Disney Animation was getting back on its feet after Eisner and I'd say the 90s starting trend of good movies ended with Lilo and Stitch.

I mean it's all personal opinion, but I thought MTR was crap, and Bolt was incredibly generic.

FigmentJedi

I mean it's all personal opinion, but I thought MTR was crap, and Bolt was incredibly generic.

Bolt had much more potential as American Dog, but Robinsons still was a good return to form and one of my favorites for recent stuff. The advertising just gave a lot of people a bad impression of the film. And judging from the American ads for the Zemeckis Christmas Carol, those same moronic marketing monkeys are still around.

urbanvegan

The last decade has not had many high points, no, but I think that Tarzan, Fantasia, Groove, Lilo & Stitch, Robinsons were all good to great.

(And don't tell anyone... but I think Chicken Little was DOPE :lookaroun But I know that's kind of my own private party)

FigmentJedi

(And don't tell anyone... but I think Chicken Little was DOPE :lookaroun But I know that's kind of my own private party)

Well, the thing with Chicken Little was that it wasn't necessarily a bad movie, just a horrible Disney movie.
As for Home on the Range, I did like the yodeling villain and the fact they basically used Big Thunder Mountain for the climax.

EPCOT Explorer

MTR was AWESOME, how dare you :fork:
Seriously! It had it's very weak moments, but that movie really shined in some places. :D
Enchanted was great and if you're going back a whole decade so was Mulan.
Agreed. Mulan was the last good animated one.

Looking forward to PatF to correct that. :D

As for Home on the Range, I did like the yodeling villain and the fact they basically used Big Thunder Mountain for the climax.
Never thought Home was bad.:shrug: It was kinda underplayed, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom