Let's talk baseball

gotribe07

Byrd is my cousin's husband. Not really blood related, just through marriage.
They usually visit during the offseason, and we get together and throw the ball around. Pretty fun, and cool.

Oh man!! That's awesome!

He's having a great year this year! He's going to be one of the key factors on how much the Indians do in these next 4 months.

Well.. GO TRIBE!!

Tribe: 9 Reds: 4 .... how sweet is that?

Number_6

How about those Red Sox?

Can ya tell I'm originally from Boston?

Between them and the Dodgers, I'm hoping for my favorites to play each other in the World Series this year. Though, I've never seen a worse fight happen than at the Red Sox/Dodgers game I went to at Fenway a couple of years back. Two guys were literally at each others throats and then pitched over the railing for the ramp that leads down to the concourse in right field. That's a good 10-15 foot drop where they were.

davidpw97

Go Indians!
(I have a relative who pitches for them)

Go Mets!
(waiting for Pedro to rehab here in New Orleans!)

Seems to be a mostly AL crowd here so I thought i'd put in a good word for the BRAVES. Very worried about Pedro's return though, the Mets are hanging in there even without Pedro, if he comes back at full strength or even close to full strength the Mets will definitly have the advantage in the division.

Family comes from Boston, so the Red Sox would be my number 2 team. Should be a great series this weekend if they don't all get rained out. I was hoping to see a Smoltz/Dice-K matchup but Smoltz had to go and hurt himself, hopefully he won't miss the start. A Braves-Red Sox World Series would be awesome.

SpongeScott

Seems to be a mostly AL crowd here so I thought i'd put in a good word for the BRAVES. Very worried about Pedro's return though, the Mets are hanging in there even without Pedro, if he comes back at full strength or even close to full strength the Mets will definitly have the advantage in the division.

Family comes from Boston, so the Red Sox would be my number 2 team. Should be a great series this weekend if they don't all get rained out. I was hoping to see a Smoltz/Dice-K matchup but Smoltz had to go and hurt himself, hopefully he won't miss the start. A Braves-Red Sox World Series would be awesome.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your two teams are the two I "hate" the most. I think a Braves-Red Sox World Series would actually keep me from watching. :animwink:

dopey

Well, I listened to innings 6-9 on my commute home and it sounded like the team from the South Side collapsed. Not all good news for the Cubs though. I'm starting to get really paranoid about D. Lee. The Cubs pattern with injuries the last 2-3 seasons has been this -1) Say its nothing. The player will miss one or two games. A week later...2)Put the guy on the 15-DL. Claim he'll be back on the roster as soon as possible....3)Put the guy on the 15-DL again and step 4) announce that the player's season is over and he will likely miss the start of next season due to the titanium spine and prosthetic arm that arm that are being installed.

Wow! I'm surprised a Cubs fan actually paid attention to the game! I guess it's easier when you're not at the park being distracted by "the Wrigley experience," which, as far as I can tell, amounts to talking on your cell phone while working on a tan. It is too bad about the way the Cubs handle injuries. I don't know whether it's poor communications or, worse, medical malpractice. Who's the Cubs' staff physician, Dr. Kevorkian?

gotribe07

Red Sox

Best Record In Baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not for long....

Take a look at your upcoming schedule. Other than the Rangers, every team the Red Sox play over the next 3 weeks has the ability to take a series from the Sox... including my beloved Tribe who are as hot as wildfire right now.

I'm just saying, it's early. The Yankees are going to improve and catch up eventually they're just off to their typical slow start. Look at the past 3 years... the Yankees came from way back in the division to either win the division or take the wild card.

SpongeScott

Not for long....

Take a look at your upcoming schedule. Other than the Rangers, every team the Red Sox play over the next 3 weeks has the ability to take a series from the Sox... including my beloved Tribe who are as hot as wildfire right now.

I'm just saying, it's early. The Yankees are going to improve and catch up eventually they're just off to their typical slow start. Look at the past 3 years... the Yankees came from way back in the division to either win the division or take the wild card.
I've never seen Boston play this good of baseball. Momentum and confidence can go a long way in helping them.

That being said....I hope you're right.:wave:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Your beloved Cubbies scorched him for 5 runs

then again... Cubs fans would know all about curses :ROFLOL:

Yes, not only was my original mission accomplished, but D.Lee actually showed up as a pinch hitter! He's back (or the Cubs don't understand the rules for putting a guy on the 15 day DL which wouldn't surprise me). Also, hitting a grand slam to put the Sox away is a nice way to come back from missing a week due to injury!

gotribe07

Yes, not only was my original mission accomplished, but D.Lee actually showed up as a pinch hitter! He's back (or the Cubs don't understand the rules for putting a guy on the 15 day DL which wouldn't surprise me). Also, hitting a grand slam to put the Sox away is a nice way to come back from missing a week due to injury!

Congrats!!

Now sweep their sorry butts back to the south side and their fair weather fans!!

I HATE the Sox and anytime they are swept it's a good 3 days!

dopey

I guess the Sox should've played the Cubs without wearing their 2005 World Series Champion rings. Maybe we'll have a better chance tomorrow if the Cubs wear their World Series Champion rings. Oooh, that's right, I forgot. Ninety-nine years of futility and counting. :p

GenerationX

You know, speaking of the Cubs' futility, it's much worse than any other team. The next closest is the Indians, who have 59 years of futility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom