Let's have a bit of a laugh. What restaurant do you secretly enjoy that everyone else thinks you're nuts for?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would just like to get a reservation ANYWHERE at this point. 😁 I've got a few more places to try, but will probably just end up at a quick service or food court, as usual.
Can you explain what this means?
The Yorkshire County Fish shop in Epcot. We love the Fish and Chips. They’re always hot right out of the fryer. It’s even nicer if you can score a table by the water.
That’s a super popular walk up place
9 dragons. haven’t eaten there in our last 2 trips, but we usually enjoy it. we’ve definitely had better chinese food elsewhere. maybe it’s because we’re in disney 🤷‍♂️
Yeck…the only place I NEVER have any inkling to go into

yankspy

I have a weakness for the breakfast buffets. Yes the Mickey waffles are from a box, yes the scrambled eggs are dry, (and Mickey shaped now as well)and yes the bacon is paper thin but I still love them. I just really wish the coffee was better.

NiarrNDisney

I have two and though neither get horrible reviews they both seem to be on the road less traveled and basically get mediocre marks.

Boardwalk To Go (BWR) miss the fried ravioli :(
Katsura Grill (Epcots Japan) mmm miso yuzu wings :hungry:

Lilofan

I have a weakness for the breakfast buffets. Yes the Mickey waffles are from a box, yes the scrambled eggs are dry, (and Mickey shaped now as well)and yes the bacon is paper thin but I still love them. I just really wish the coffee was better.
When I was a barista in a coffee shop in my younger days, we were taught to brew coffee every hour and throw away the coffee every hour. It makes a difference in taste. If a place brews coffee early in the morning and doesn't follow this you may be drinking stale coffee during the day.

John park hopper

I like the Coral Reef but unfortunately it has been our experience we have had great meals and service but also have had horrible service and not so great meals

mergatroid

Lotus Blossom Cafe.

Ignoring the price we really enjoy the orange chicken and rice. When done I love slowly sipping my drink and relaxing at the table whilst Mrs Merg peruses the shops in the China pavilion. I just enjoy the food, the atmosphere and the people watching whilst she shops.

Raxel7851

When I was a barista in a coffee shop in my younger days, we were taught to brew coffee every hour and throw away the coffee every hour. It makes a difference in taste. If a place brews coffee early in the morning and doesn't follow this you may be drinking stale coffee during the day.
When I was working the overnight shift as a Lineman or getting called out, I would stop at some convenience stores after midnight, and typically the coffee pot was less than 1/2 full. Once you started pouring it, you knew it probably had been made hours earlier. I just stopped pouring and tried another store.

Mark48

Mcdonalds..... No reservations 60 days out and no walk up waiting list. Just
walk in and enjoy the gourmet food.

Plowboy

Big River Grille. It's been our first evening go-to for forever. We usually fly from the west coast so we arrive late, or our flight is late (does that make sense?). Anyway, when we get to our resort we hop a bus to DHS and walk down to the Boardwalk and go to BRG for a meal and a couple of beers. No one will confuse it with fine dining but it kind of signals (to us anyway) that we've finally arrived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom