Let's have a bit of a laugh. What restaurant do you secretly enjoy that everyone else thinks you're nuts for?

Club Cooloholic

Everyone has that restaurant that gets widely panned here on wdwmagic but we secretly think... hey I enjoyed my meal there.

For my family it's Sci fi diner. everyone gives it bad reviews but we've always had great meals there. now we generally only have lunch but we've always done well there. and for those of us who grew up with black and white tv the previews are a hoot.

Yours?
Gotta love the Sci Fi. Really like the Liberty Tree, I know it gets some bad reviews but we loved it. And somehow we always eat at the Backlot Express and enjoy it. I like the decor

Dinardo

I don’t know if this restaurant is jeered by the Disney foodies - but we had a great experience at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. I was surprised at how good the food was at the buffet. We liked it enough to go twice on that trip.

We have gotten out of pre-planning our meals and are now taking what is available at the time we want to eat the day of. Sure, we won’t get CRT, Le Cellier or California Grille, but I’m ok with that. We’ve done all the “must-do’s” and frankly, I like the whim strategy we are applying now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
ABC I've never gotten anything except a salad or fries but they've always had decent ones for QS same went for EU

Last edited:

MotherofaPrincessLover

Oh man, probably too many to name 🤣 My husband and I are not foodies so as long as the food is edible, we're fine. I've always enjoyed my meals at PizzeRizzo, Hollywood & Vine, Liberty Tree Tavern, Chef Mickey's, and others.

wendysue

I would just like to get a reservation ANYWHERE at this point. 😁 I've got a few more places to try, but will probably just end up at a quick service or food court, as usual.

mf1972

9 dragons. haven’t eaten there in our last 2 trips, but we usually enjoy it. we’ve definitely had better chinese food elsewhere. maybe it’s because we’re in disney 🤷‍♂️

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Wat! What? There were people who didn't like SRT??????????????
Idea Volunteer GIF

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I would just like to get a reservation ANYWHERE at this point. 😁 I've got a few more places to try, but will probably just end up at a quick service or food court, as usual.
Actually I'm have good luck at 3 weeks out. I think it forces me to try places I wouldn't normally.
I've found some real hidden gems like Olivia's at okw that way.

DisneyDreamer08

Some people love them, some hate them- I’m on the love side- we love buffets. We have kids who can be picky eaters so having an entire buffet to pick and choose little bits and nibbles of food they actually like is a big win. Plus buffets like Tusker House (pre covid of course) allows us adults to try a bunch of unique things all at once.
One of our favorites back in January 2020 was actually Chef Mickey’s. Our ADR was at 1pm but technically brunch. One daughter could get Mickey waffles, French toast, a bagel with cream cheese and all her breakfast favorites while the other had tortellini, rolls, corn and other lunch time stuff. Plus lots of great options for the adults.
Bring back the buffets! 🤣

Lilofan

in the late 1990s there was a breakfast buffett at Port Orleans including all you can eat grilled steak and sugary beignets!

UNCgolf

Some of the places mentioned in this thread are just solid places to eat that shouldn't need to be secretly enjoyed (Yorkshire County Fish Shop for one, but there are a couple of others). Tony's, on the other hand... I realize it could have changed, or it could have just been a bad night, but my GF and I had the worst food I've ever been served at a restaurant there. Her chicken was literally inedible and everything was awful. I'll never go back.

Anyway, my answer would be the NLE Electric Umbrella. I always had a meal there at EPCOT -- admittedly more for nostalgia than anything else, since it basically hadn't changed since I was a child, but the chicken fingers weren't bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom