Let's have a bit of a laugh. What restaurant do you secretly enjoy that everyone else thinks you're nuts for?

Karakasa

Some of the places mentioned in this thread are just solid places to eat that shouldn't need to be secretly enjoyed (Yorkshire County Fish Shop for one, but there are a couple of others). Tony's, on the other hand... I realize it could have changed, or it could have just been a bad night, but my GF and I had the worst food I've ever been served at a restaurant there. Her chicken was literally inedible and everything was awful. I'll never go back.

Anyway, my answer would be the NLE Electric Umbrella. I always had a meal there at EPCOT -- admittedly more for nostalgia than anything else, since it basically hadn't changed since I was a child, but the chicken fingers weren't bad.
Perhaps of all the recent closures, the one that gutted me most was the Electric Umbrella for sure. It was just absurdly comforting for whatever reason, and the food was decent to delicious for counter service. Can we trade the new Walt statue back for it? No? O-okay then... 😭😭

Animal_Kingdom_09

Ale & Compass Marketplace (the snack shop at Yacht Club) for the hot ham and cheese on a pretzel roll. I can take or leave the rest of their menu but I love that sandwich.

Our biggest recent surprise was the Crew's Cup Lounge. We were there at the beginning of August and walked in right at 5 o'clock hoping to grab a lite dinner. They had just reopened a day or two before and were using the steakhouse menu instead of the old lounge menu, to make it easy on the kitchen. So we wound up having a full steak dinner. Plus, we had free entertainment from a party who thought open seating meant that they could move everyone around to get the table they wanted.

jonnyc

The whole family and I loved Planet Hollywood before the 'grey' refurb - loved the atmosphere and the tackiness of it all and we never had a bad meal. I have similar feelings about T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe!

I think some of this, is that "American" style dining is still a novelty to us - I generally enjoy all the US chains and fast food we can't get in Britain. On the flip side I could care less about going to Raglan Road or Rose & Crown because I can better versions of that at home - so totally understand those that may have been overexposed to Planet Hollywood type experiences!

Disstevefan1

Everyone has that restaurant that gets widely panned here on wdwmagic but we secretly think... hey I enjoyed my meal there.

For my family it's Sci fi diner. everyone gives it bad reviews but we've always had great meals there. now we generally only have lunch but we've always done well there. and for those of us who grew up with black and white tv the previews are a hoot.

Yours?
EPCOT, Germany’s Biergarten and I don’t care what anyone thinks, I love buffets 😀

Wilbret

Everyone has that restaurant that gets widely panned here on wdwmagic but we secretly think... hey I enjoyed my meal there.

For my family it's Sci fi diner. everyone gives it bad reviews but we've always had great meals there. now we generally only have lunch but we've always done well there. and for those of us who grew up with black and white tv the previews are a hoot.

Yours?
My kids love Rainforest Café, and so do my wife and I. It is just a family tradition to eat there and wait for the volcano to erupt. One of my kids religiously watches his watch and will make a point to try to see it erupt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom