Lets get to know each other

cynic710

Anthony

my wife Jen and my 14 month old son AJ (Anthony Junior) live in Connecticut. By plane it takes about 2 and a half hours to fly in to good ole' MCO (orlando international airport) and about 17 hours by car.

I grew up going to the world almost annually, then my parents divorced in 1994 and things were skewed a little. It wasnt until then that I realized that a piece of me was in that world, and that piece still had a completed family. The memories were still there along with my childhood. every time i go i capture that just enough to the point that makes me excited for the next trip. I hope my son finds that humbling feeling after he starts going (his first time will be this november).

all in all my greatest memories are captain eo, 20k leagues and indiana jones. its not about the things offered at the world for me, but rather what that place does to me inside, its a feeling worth chasing.

WDWmazprty

My name is Jonathan and Ive been going to Disney since I was an infant. I got my wife hooked on Disney when we went on our honeymoon in 2000. We have two beautiful daughters 9 and 3 years old. They of course are hooked on Disney too and we're all planning to go back next year with DW family. Me and DW are going back this fall for an anniversary trip.
We currently live in Music City-Nashville,TN and are about 11 hours by car from the World.

Jimmy Thick

Hello, my name is Jimmy, which is slang for James. I have the most perfect wife in the world named Stephanie, a 17 year old daughter named Delilah, 12 year old son named Sebastian, and a 7 year old boy named Tyler who is my spitting image.

I work in law enforcement and my wife is a lawyer. All 3 of my children wish to pursue working in law enforcement just like me and I cannot be prouder.

Our home is in Milwaukee, WI, but we also own a condo in Madison. We did at one time own a small condo in Florida but out grew it family wise. We are about two hours away from the magic via plane flight.

Jimmy Thick- I also drive a 2010 Toyota Tundra club cab...

PineapplePrincess

I'm Nancy, forty-something, and from the Metro Detroit area. It takes about 2.5 hours to fly to Orlando.
Pineapple Princess is an Annette Funicello song from Lilo & Stich 2 (I think). It makes me happy whenever I hear it.
I visited WDW a few times as a kid, but my Disney Craziness was solidified when DH & I honeymooned there in 1994.
We are fortunate to have been able to visit the world at least once a year for the past several years!

Merman

Evan, 16 been going since i can remeber
takes about 3hrs by car and i'v never flown so i dont really know
next trip this weekend to DHS and Typhoon Lagoon:p

mousebymarriage

My name is Barbara, I'm 40 years old and my husband Mike and I have been married for 17 years. We have 2 children, Emily is 14 and Michael is 9.
It takes us 2 1/2hours to fly from NJ to Orlando (non stop, I don't really like to fly so I don't do stop overs), if we drive it takes us about 17 or 18 hours depending on how long/often we stop(we drive straight through)and how fast we drive (I tend to have a bit of a heavy foot but, I try to control it).

We are very fortunate because we have been able to go too Disney just about every year for the past 14 years. We are making another trip to Disney at the end of June but, only spending a few days there before heading over to Florida's gulf coast to visit family. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can make another trip to Disney in November(so the kids can see it decorated for Christmas-they have never seen the Holiday decorations in Disney) but, the November trip is entirely dependant on my new job.

Edeyore

Hi, I'm Ed. My first time going to WDW was in 1986, I was 26, you figure it out. I have only been to WDW 6 times, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1998, 2000 & 2004. My sons have gone with my wife and I, 4 of those times. We have stayed on property and off, including the Polynesian and All Star Sports. I really want to go back and really enjoy reading about current happenings in the parks. Though I really jealous of those going every year or even more often.

TWICKERS

Carole. Live just outside London near Twickenham Rugby Ground.

Takes 8.5 hrs on plane, but worth it.

Been going to WDW since 1993 (8x in total) unfortunately to expensive to go every year (especially now $ is not good for us) so last few times been every other last trip August 2010. Go with husband and 2 children 26 & 19. Hoping to go in 2013 as husband will be 60 daughter 21 and married 35 years.

Already planning dining and shopping can't wait!

Have an English pointer called Guinness whi is nearly 12. Going to Egypt and Ibiza this year.

Roll on 2013

fractal

Hi,

My name is Chris and I'm 43. I'm in the investment business which has provided more ups and downs than the best thrill rides over the last 20 years.
I've been married to my wife Val for 19 years and have 3 great kids - ages 17,14 and 9.

My first trip to WDW was in 1976 with my parents. I have some great memories of that trip and a major dissapointment. I was dreaming of going on 20k leagues under the seas - it was all I could think of during the 2 day drive down to Florida only to find out when we got there that it was closed for rehab. All I got to see was an empty lagoon - it was like somebody ripped my heart out.

Took the kids in 2000 and exercised those ghosts and had a great time. Went back in 2007 and got addicted. Returned in 2009 and will be going again this August. Also starting to plan a trip to California next year and DLR.

:wave:

cassiedoodle

I'm Cassie, I'm almost 24 and I've been going to WDW almost every year since I was a baby.
I love EPCOT Center, enough so that I recently got these tattoos.
tumblr_liy7exLtIA1qb85lko1_1280-1.jpg

WDW is a 2 hour flight from here in Ohio, so when I'm not there I stay in the Disney spirit by taking pictures of my Vinylmations :p http://www.flickr.com/photos/ponchothemouse/

stratman50th

I'm Cassie, I'm almost 24 and I've been going to WDW almost every year since I was a baby.
I love EPCOT Center, enough so that I recently got these tattoos.
tumblr_liy7exLtIA1qb85lko1_1280-1.jpg

WDW is a 2 hour flight from here in Ohio, so when I'm not there I stay in the Disney spirit by taking pictures of my Vinylmations :p http://www.flickr.com/photos/ponchothemouse/
I enjoyed the photos. Nice job! Do you have a Deviantart account? You should think about it if don't.

MMFanCipher

Hello,
I'm David, 47, married for 20 years to my lovely wife, Lisa. We have 4 kids, Alarick (16), Amelia (14), Carlie (10) and Ethan (8). First went to WDW in 1990 on our Honey Moon. Plan on going back in 2012. It is a 22-24 hour drive from central Iowa. We drive because we stay at Fort Wilderness Campground!! Long Live Musket Mickey!! :ROFLOL:

PurpleRose

Hello all. My name is Kristina and I am 28 years old. My trips to WDW are 1994, 1996, 1999, 2010, and 9 days from now. :sohappy: Married 2 years, been together 8. No children. Last year was my husband's first trip to WDW. We went with my father, brother, sister in law, two young nieces, and my sister in law's parents. It was quite the trip. I am going this year with the same crew minus my husband. He is jealous that I am going but he couldn't get the time off work and he doesn't get along with my brother anyways. I live in North Carolina. Last year my husband and I drove to Charleston, SC to meet up with the rest of my family then all rode down together. That took about 10 hours all together. This time I am flying to Orlando and meeting up with everyone. That will take 2 hours. :goodnevil:

Sarabell

Hi! My name is Sara, I´m 26 and I live on the other side of the continent (not really, just below Central America) in Colombia. I haven´t been to WDW since 1996 but I´m planning a trip this year woth my mom and sister and I´M SOOOO EXCITED!!

Oh, and I think it´s awesome that this forum exists, it´s nice to get to know a bunch of disney addicts like me!:wave:

sweetpee_1993

I'm Kelly. :wave:

I'm a 36 yro old married hag and mom to 2 boys, ages 13 & 15. The old man & I have been married for 17 years and plan to celebrate our 18th anniversary on 9/18 while on our Disney land & sea vacation.

My first trip to WDW was when I was a toddler. I went several times before my mom & her then hubby moved us to the Orlando area when I was 6. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been. My Disney love is in my blood. My grandparents were fans, one of my aunts is crazed, one of my cousins is a member here, and my big brother is, too.

I talked my hubby into leaving our boys with his mom for a long getaway weekend in 1999. He didn't get why I wanted to go so bad. In his words: "I went to Disneyland once. It's not that big a deal.". Then we got there and he is a changed man today. We finally took our boys for their first trip in 2004. We had such a magical trip...we cried together on the airplane home & vowed to bring the boys back every year if we could. We've been back in 05, 06, 07 twice, 09, & twice in '10. Hubby & I went again without the boys in 08.

Currently we are about 16 hours driving from WDW. If we fly it's a 2 hour drive to the airport in Houston plus 2 hours pre-departure, and about a 2 hour non-stop flight. These days we prefer to drive. It's a lot less expensive and makes for an adventure of it's own.

We have a toy schnauzer who is the furry little light of our lives. Her registered name is all-Disney: Riley Belle's Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da-Day. Riley is the sidekick from National Treasure & you know the rest...

Riley_Belles_Ears.jpg

100_0901.jpg

Sarabell

We have a toy schnauzer who is the furry little light of our lives. Her registered name is all-Disney: Riley Belle's Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da-Day. Riley is the sidekick from National Treasure & you know the rest...

Riley_Belles_Ears.jpg

100_0901.jpg

OMG! I love her!! and I don´t even really like dogs! those pictures make me wanna hug her really tight!:animwink:

Mikester71

Hi everyone! :wave: My name is Mike, I am 40 years old and live up in Sarnia (pronounced like "chronicles of ..." :ROFLOL:), Ontario, Canada. I have been married to my lovely wife Shelley for 20 years this past March and we have two teenagers, Ashley (19) and Joshua (14). I have only driven to WDW and it usually takes anywhere from 20-22 hours to get there. I never made it to WDW as a child (my wife did). First trip wasn't until March 2005, when I was 34, and I was hooked right away. Have only been 4 times, all during our Spring Break in March. But I am hoping to go in either May or October of 2012, just my wife and I for a change, as our other trips have always included the kids as well as my mother in law and brother on a couple of occasions. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom