'Let the Memories Begin' castle projection test video

hoke2007

Wow, those pictures look horrible. This idea is really just pathetic. Totally cheapens the look of the castle at night.

And are they getting rid of wishes for this garbage?

etwtec

Wow, those pictures look horrible. This idea is really just pathetic. Totally cheapens the look of the castle at night.

And are they getting rid of wishes for this garbage?

I do not think this show will replace wishes. To my understanding it will be in addition. I do hope however they use the cool projections in wishes as well, Minus the guest pictures.

hoke2007

I do not think this show will replace wishes. To my understanding it will be in addition. I do hope however they use the cool projections in wishes as well, Minus the guest pictures.

The projections without the pictures of random people would be fantastic. It's the 500 guest shots that creep me out. I wouldn't want to look at my face on the castle much less the faces of hundreds of random people. :lol:

DiPSU224

Hmmm.

I have a huge obsession with the castle. Huge. Like, sometimes I have a hard time taking my eyes off it, especially at night. I've walked into things from staring at it. With that being said, I don't hate it, but I'm not in love with it either. Like most others have said, the projection of Tink flying around is great. I'm not a fan of the sketch on the castle...maybe I missed something since I haven't had the chance to read through every single thread on this new celebration, but is that just an example of the possibilities of this technology or something specific we should expect to see?

My biggest problem with this is that huge ugly white screen. I'm going to give Disney a bit of credit here and assume this will retract during the day. I hope.

Like I've said before, I haven't read through all the threads dedicated to this yet, but I'm guessing the photos are going to be shown periodically throughout the evening a few minutes at time, not continuously. I'm kind of ok with that. I may even stop to watch it once.

I don't know. It is slightly lame. I do have to say that I watched some of the commercials on youtube and they had me a bit teary....

It looks like an over-glorified slide projector. I keep thinking of how in one of the old Simpsons episodes, Homer is dreading seeing Patty and Selma's vacation slides.

The technology is nothing new or innovative. They have been projecting moving images on the water-mist screens in Fantasmic for years now.

fireworkz

Hate it if it means we're going to see a projection screen hanging in front of the clock/balcony every night, all night while this thing runs. Not too mention this will end up being yet another show that reduces the already limited time you can walk through the castle.

Phonedave

I cannot picture how they could salvage this ?

The pictures go flying across the castle, if by some slim chance a guest happens to be looking at the castle when theirs goes across they will be able to go "HEY, look at the cast... Oh its gone"

At least on SSR you can call up your picture at the end and look for it.

I like the idea of putting them on monitors in the queues. There you have a captive group who has nothing better to do that to watch in case they may appear on a monitor.

The tech is pretty sweet, and with it the kinds of effects they could do is very impressive. The pictures of people though, that does nothing for me.

-dave

mp2bill

Meh...I'm indifferent. I like the projections of the Disney characters, but don't so much like the projections of the photos.

Disneyson 1

Alright, massive thread bump, but I didn't want to make a new thread...

Can anyone imagine the Rapunzel lantern scene projected onto the castle during one of these "Castle Projection Shows"? It'd be AMAZING, just sayin'.

And why haven't we gotten any more info on this since the press release?

JustInTime

Alright, massive thread bump, but I didn't want to make a new thread...

Can anyone imagine the Rapunzel lantern scene projected onto the castle during one of these "Castle Projection Shows"? It'd be AMAZING, just sayin'.

And why haven't we gotten any more info on this since the press release?

I agree! WOW!

iheartdisney91

i like the animations and stuff but.... I WANT TO SEE THE BEAUTIFUL CASTLE, NOT PEOPLE I DONT KNOW....you get that all day at the parks. thats just awful and totally NOT MAGICAL! really what is Disney thinking?

maybe for like special events to do with a remembrance,or what not. but not just for the heck of it. this is so bad!

ABigBrassBand

The Rapunzel scene would be amazing! However, I think this campaign doesn't look good, and they should focus more around the 40th anniversary of WDW. That being said, I like the stencil castle and how Tink lit the entire place up.

meekoman

If they would have Tink and other characters on the castle, that would be fine. The rest is just really poor looking. Even the pencil sketch looks poor. How many times are they going to deface the castle. The only thing that does look good on the castle are the holiday lights.

tiaragirl

If they would have Tink and other characters on the castle, that would be fine. The rest is just really poor looking. Even the pencil sketch looks poor. How many times are they going to deface the castle. The only thing that does look good on the castle are the holiday lights.

Whatttt, you don't want the cake back? For shame ;)

Dragonrider1227

I'm with everyone who says this is great technology poorly done. Everything after Tinkerbell looks like a screen saver. I could think of a few better ideas they could do with this just sitting here

jjharvpro

Tink looks great!!! About comparing this to the birthday cake, that was a one-year thing. This probably will be, too. I agree with the screensaver thing, but this is a test run video. We all know Disney will do SO much more with this. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. It's a new promotion, so I think it's ok(for now).

Does this start on January 1st. or what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom