'Let the Memories Begin' castle projection test video

DocMcHulk

BSOD? :shrug:

The infamous Windows Blue Screen of Death.
Windows_XP_BSOD.png

Dukeblue1227

I loved all of the special effects actually... thought it was cool... the tinkerbell and under the water looking screens...

The family photos look simply atrocious though and I am disgustingly against it...

Which neither matters nor means a darn thing so...

whoopee...

gerryu21220

LMAO! No, they just smile at you with their little blinky question mark folder, or leave you staring at the grey screen with the little spinny animation until you give up and mail it off. :lol:

We get the occasional "kernal panic" and the screen freezes with a whole bunch of warning messages in like 10 different languages. And sometimes the eternal Spinning Beachball of Doom...

kcs

Really, Really, Really, Hate this!!!!! It seems almost like defacing the castle! Put this on a billboard or something else but the castle! Walt would s__t.

MKeeler

Going to echo a lot of sentiment here. Love the tinkerbell, not sold on the pictures.

It occurs to me that this technology could be used for a nighttime show at AK more in the Tinkerbell vein. Put these projectors 360 degrees around the Tree of Life and combine a show with music and animation on the tree, lights in the tree, bringing the animals to life, etc.

Edit for second thought - As for the pictures, I wouldn't be surprised if they look much better and make a little more sense on It's A Small World in Disneyland.

This crap won't be showing all day, will it???? :eek: Only during the fireworks or "special" times at night? Like everyone else, the pencil sketch is interesting (not fantastic, but a cute throwback to the animation days) and the Tink is very cute. But the corporate slide show? I feel like I'm at Day 3 of a convention or something.

I think Disney's had successes with this kind of thing (thinking of the movie ball during RoE in Epcot) but they've definitely taken it way too far now...

Blech. :hurl:

jt04

I'm anxious to see if they add effects for Halloween but even more intriguing, well they combine the castle lights with the projections over Christmas?

Oh the possibilities.

Seriously cool possibilities. :xmas:

thelookingglass

: This was a test. Lets see how they really do it before we flip out.
Spaceship Earth's descent was a "test", too, and we all know how that turned out. Yeah, it could get better. But no matter how many graphics you add to it, guests' pictures on the castle is just TACKY and POINTLESS.
And the sadder part, as you mention, is that they feel their product (the experience at a "Disney Park") is so watered down and weak on its own now, that they constantly need a new gimmick every year to make people think that something is happening worth drawing them back. Why not build more attractions, or update or improve the current ones? Believe me, that will draw way more people back, and give them a much better experience than some half baked marketing campaign.
Yes, seriously. Enough is enough with the promotions. I highly doubt they would see any significant drop in attendance if they didn't do one.

Disneyson 1

Hoping that every effect besides the pictures get used...!

At least they can present the pictures in a more compelling way. Why not fill ALL of the blank spaces of the castle with pics instead of having the screensaver style exhibition?

P.S. That "Disney Facebook" post is HILARIOUS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom