Let the Magic Shine: DLP's 30th Anniversary

aladdin2007

WDW management and Chaps groups should really be embarrassed now about the 50th compared to Paris's celebration,, but they don't care. We get nothing; botched firework shows, generic new stores, some banners, that's it! Cheers to Paris teams for keeping Disney magic where they still know what that is!!

jeanericuser001

I think this is efforts to slowly reintroduce people to tron. First a ride at a theme park which was pretty much a test ground for new ideas. Then a show with some light effects similar to a familiar franchise. Then port that same ride to one of the major parks. Then start releasing some basic merch in preparation for the eventual film on disney+. If all goes as planned they could reintroduce tron to a new generation. If it flops then at least they got a nice ride that should draw in guests for the next few years.

rreading

Few questions (and I definitely don’t expect great answers):

Our family is scheduled to be in Paris for the first time in almost 20 years in July and we’re planning on DLP.

1) I should expect the celebration should still be going on in July?

2) Do we think that the Disneyland Hotel refurbished will be completed?

3) Do we think that the Marvel updates will be open by July?

Thanks

wtyy21

So no copy and paste from Shanghai’s nighttime show?
No, the original one (Ignite the Dream) was ended last year, leaving the Paris version the only version (now "Original" to them) that have the similar Shanghai nighttime show (with English theme song of course) and keeps their original incarnation (unlike Shanghai post-COVID ignite), like how Halloween Screams became the only version of Hallowishes that still existed since 2019, or RDCT the only version of Wishes that still existed since HEA premiered at MK until its last performance in November 2018.

I rather expected and hope that Disney Illuminations can be upgraded with addition of multiple searchlights that can replace/co-existed with older searchlights used for 15th, like DLF, HEA, Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland, Shanghai's Illuminate, or upcoming Cherish the Memories does.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Our family is scheduled to be in Paris for the first time in almost 20 years in July and we’re planning on DLP.

Thanks
Definitely

No

Unless there’s something catastrophic yes.

LondonTom

Actually rather impressed (did have fairly low expectations mind), some really nice little creative additions. The gardens are a much cooler concept than just plonking down some golden statues at any rate. The drones pre-show is a really cool surprise and will be cool to see, and well the mini parade and show stop has become a cool feature of DLP entertainment!

Finally getting the Mickey soap dispenser too! Snacks/Treats could still do with learning some lessons from the American parks.

Overall I am giving it a B-, would have liked to get a firm opening date for avengers campus (or ideally opened for the 30th) and obviously a new parade /fireworks (or just Dreams back ;) ) would have been cool but what we have is cool!

dc4

Thanks
1. Celebration will definitely still be on then. Their previous 'anniversary' celebrations have continued well into the next year!
2. I doubt it- they've gutted quite a lot of the internals of the hotel and that will take some time to redo/refurbish, as well as redoing all the rooms. If you're thinking of staying, Hotel New York is brand new and heavily Marvel-themed. Personally I like Sequoia Lodge club rooms.
3. I'd say 50-50 on that one. Hard to tell from photos online how near to finishing they are inside the buildings.

ToTBellHop

1. Celebration will definitely still be on then. Their previous 'anniversary' celebrations have continued well into the next year!
2. I doubt it- they've gutted quite a lot of the internals of the hotel and that will take some time to redo/refurbish, as well as redoing all the rooms. If you're thinking of staying, Hotel New York is brand new and heavily Marvel-themed. Personally I like Sequoia Lodge club rooms.
3. I'd say 50-50 on that one. Hard to tell from photos online how near to finishing they are inside the buildings.
To question 3, unless there’s a disaster, their “summer opening” will occur before Bastille Day on 7/14. They want it available ASAP since the travel industry expects heavy travel this summer.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The worlds mixed up, Disneyland Paris has drones, Tomorrowland is getting Tron and the entire Tomorrowland has a fresh modern look to it along with a Worlds Fair attraction and Epcot gets a prerecorded cartoon concert and Spaceship Earth will be about storytelling someday.

wdw2011por

hd15961_2027jun06jun06_world_30th-anniversary-key-visual-shine-logo_16-9_tcm752-231624.jpg

Let the magic shine!

With announcements about the upcoming 30th Anniversary celebrations coming soon, I thought it was time to start a new thread about it.

Here's a live stream link to the press conference, set at 11 AM CET/5 AM EST/2 AM PST:

Not thread related, but @montydysquith-navarro, awesome name! Great show! That is all.

brb1006

Attractions Magazine just uploaded footage of Disneyland Paris' first look at their new anniversary fireworks show with drones.

And The Sensational Six's (seven counting Clarice) 30th Anniversary costumes.

IMDREW

As far as we know, no. However, when Ignite the Dream returned to Shanghai in 2020, several sections were cut without being replaced. Here's to hoping for several cuts (looking at you, Frozen section) and new scenes for Disney Illuminations 30!
I’d love for that live action Beauty and the Beast segment to get cut. And I know most people here hate it, I’d love to get that Marvel segment they’ve got over in Shanghai atm. I think its rather cool.

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I’d love to get a segment about the park and it’s history (looking at you, RDCT)
I love RDCT and C!TDL, but I might be the only one who thinks it's too early for Paris to receive its own version of it. I suppose though, with the 5-year turnaround rule for entertainment (temporarily broken for the 30th), Paris might get it earlier than it should've. They can only innovate so much with the IP montage/slideshow concepts anyway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I love RDCT and C!TDL, but I might be the only one who thinks it's too early for Paris to receive its own version of it. I suppose though, with the 5-year turnaround rule for entertainment (temporarily broken for the 30th), Paris might get it earlier than it should've. They can only innovate so much with the IP montage/slideshow concepts anyway.
Just imagine if there was 30 seconds of Le Visionarium and Terre a la Lune. An anniversary crowd would go nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom