Let the Magic Shine: DLP's 30th Anniversary

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do any of you know if a book or music collection or something will be released? The book for the 25th sold out within a couple of hours on the 12th so there's certainly a market for it.
Thankfully they usually run another print of them. I got the 20th, the 25th, and all 3 attraction books well after the first run. If they’ll be a new one I don’t know - unless they can find enough material to cover the last 5 years! Though I’m sure they could do a BTM hardback.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think it was better for WDW for just having special 50th pre-show and keeping HEA but with utilizing main Street projections instead Enchantment now, as we seen on DLP D-Light pre-show, pretty impressive.
Wasn't that the plan initially (adding a 50th tag to HEA)? Or were those just rumors?

cosmicgirl

Thankfully they usually run another print of them. I got the 20th, the 25th, and all 3 attraction books well after the first run. If they’ll be a new one I don’t know - unless they can find enough material to cover the last 5 years! Though I’m sure they could do a BTM hardback.
Thanks.
I know they tend to come back in stock. I simply meant to demonstrate that there's still a demand for such items, even though comparing the book store to 15-20 years ago would suggest there is not. From Sketch to Reality was available for years, yet the 25th anniversary book disappeared from the shelves faster than they could restock it when I bought it. There has been a change in buying behaviour. The FStR release was very civil, even with the author present, yet the 25th was all "mine mine mine!!".

And thanks for letting me know there are now three attraction books! I haven't been to DLP in 2,5 years and completely missed the SM one. Now I have something on my wish list (right next to a box set with 30 years of DLP music 🥰).

Sir_Cliff

Michelle just summed it up.

”I know prices are going up but you can see where it’s spent in Paris. And they spend it in the right places”

Paris seems to be trying to prove the magic still lives there. They’re not taking guests for granted. Well, not as much as Burbank will let them.
I very much agree with this and wonder if it has something to do with the tough financial conditions under which DLRP management was working for so many years. They really had to get creative with seasonal celebrations and live entertainment as there really wasn't much money for new attractions. The little money that did exist went to the horrible first iteration of WDSP that they again had to find a way to make work under even worse financial conditions.

Now that they have the debt monkey of their back, it almost feels like they have been liberated to really lovingly restore the park to its original glory while continuing to put time and effort into trying to keep the place fresh and interesting. Maybe its a little naïve and corny, but they seem to care and have more pride about the resort than is the case with WDW management where they'll just stick a DJ on Main Street Station to help with crowd flow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe its a little naïve and corny, but they seem to care and have more pride about the resort than is the case with WDW management where they'll just stick a DJ on Main Street Station to help with crowd flow.
As you may know we were lucky to stay in DLP 3 times in 2 years during the pandemic. I totally agree. I can’t quite put my finger on it yet but there’s quite a unique and very nice feeling in DLP. Is it the cast? The upkeep? The landscaping? The attention to detail? The cleanliness? Reopening and hopefully staying open? Maybe a bit of all. Things aren’t perfect by any stretch but there’s such a good “vibe” in the resort.

cjkeating

Thanks.
I know they tend to come back in stock. I simply meant to demonstrate that there's still a demand for such items, even though comparing the book store to 15-20 years ago would suggest there is not. From Sketch to Reality was available for years, yet the 25th anniversary book disappeared from the shelves faster than they could restock it when I bought it. There has been a change in buying behaviour. The FStR release was very civil, even with the author present, yet the 25th was all "mine mine mine!!".

And thanks for letting me know there are now three attraction books! I haven't been to DLP in 2,5 years and completely missed the SM one. Now I have something on my wish list (right next to a box set with 30 years of DLP music 🥰).
The Space Mountain book (along with Pirates and Phantom) were all available in the Frontierland shop today. They seem to all be in good stock after the initial surge when they went on sale.

cjkeating

As you may know we were lucky to stay in DLP 3 times in 2 years during the pandemic. I totally agree. I can’t quite put my finger on it yet but there’s quite a unique and very nice feeling in DLP. Is it the cast? The upkeep? The landscaping? The attention to detail? The cleanliness? Reopening and hopefully staying open? Maybe a bit of all. Things aren’t perfect by any stretch but there’s such a good “vibe” in the resort.
I completely agree Martin, I'm waiting for the Eurostar in Paris after the 30th weekend and it's been my third visit since the first reopening.

There is such a good vibe at Paris right now that I think has really carried on from the 25th. The atmosphere in the centre of Central Plaza for the 30th show was electric with both DLP fans and families being wowed by the energy of the performance. Also the applause for the pre-show drones and then the amazing party atmosphere for the post show was not something I've experienced often. A true 'wow' moment for guests.

I spent 10 days in Florida in February and the atmosphere couldn't have been more of a contrast... DLP was generally relaxed, easy going, low effort... WDW was hard work and stressful.

fradz

There is such a good vibe at Paris right now that I think has really carried on from the 25th. The atmosphere in the centre of Central Plaza for the 30th show was electric with both DLP fans and families being wowed by the energy of the performance. Also the applause for the pre-show drones and then the amazing party atmosphere for the post show was not something I've experienced often. A true 'wow' moment for guests.
I just came home from the parks and couldn’t agree more ! Wow that was so much fun, we really like what they did for the show. The atmosphere was awesome, everyone was playing along. I like the pyro changes they did for Illuminations too!

cjkeating

I just came home from the parks and couldn’t agree more ! Wow that was so much fun, we really like what they did for the show. The atmosphere was awesome, everyone was playing along. I like the pyro changes they did for Illuminations too!
I went for the 30th launch as I missed AP reservations for the actual 30th however I got lucky and snapped up a reservation for 12th April last week so I'm going back next month! :D

TTA94

Just curious would drones be doable at WDWs MK or Disneyland? Safety wise? Would be awesome if drones and the fountains were added to HEA when/if it returns. Wishful thinking.

jrhwdw

Just curious would drones be doable at WDWs MK or Disneyland? Safety wise? Would be awesome if drones and the fountains were added to HEA when/if it returns. Wishful thinking.
Springs did pull it off....too bad it was only 1 Holiday Season. WSL was considered too IIRC but never happened. As for MK/DL would more of Fantasyland need to close for the Drones? What's DLP's Preparation?

cjkeating

Springs did pull it off....too bad it was only 1 Holiday Season. WSL was considered too IIRC but never happened. As for MK/DL would more of Fantasyland need to close for the Drones? What's DLP's Preparation?
The fireworks always take place at park close. Also Fantasyland closes an hour before the fireworks (even pre-drones) to ensure it is clear.

wtyy21

This is a nod to Walt Disney Pictures logo using drones. They must perform it when premier a Disney movie at a DLP to symbolize that Disney Castle cannot just Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty Castles as their logo.
FONf4huWQAcI1vn.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom