Les Parfaits Inconnus circus troupe coming to Epcot's Canada Pavilion

Becky

The Off Kilter peeps will never stop complaining, but this looks fun. I'm sure they will draw a crowd.
Apparently you have not read what "The Off Kilter peeps" have been posting in the last few months. Off Kilter was the Canadian entertainment for 17 years, people got to know them, many on a personal level. What we ARE complaining about is1. If Disney is going to replace a long term very popular and talented group, make sure the replacement is on or near the same professional level. AND 2. Off Kilter did NOT become so popular in a month or two. Disney give groups a chance (and a chance is NOT a month or two) to shine and develop a following and then replace them if they fail. As for the new group I will give them an in person chance just like I did with Off Kilter so many years ago. I looked forward to doing the same with Alberta Bound BUT Disney did not keep them until our August trip.

KikoKea

Act looks like fun, but not sure about the music and the horn. Is this supposed to be a long-term act or another interim?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And it also prevents people from getting too attached to certain groups which, in turn, decreases the odds of temper tantrums being thrown when their faves are axed

It also helps when the NEW entertainment does not SUCK, No idea on these guys but since it's Disney I'm reluctant to say anything would be better than the lumberjack show....

MrPromey

Disney give groups a chance (and a chance is NOT a month or two) to shine and develop a following and then replace them if they fail.

I think this was kind of the problem with what happened with Off Kilter. They essentially became the "house band" for the Canada pavilion. That's sort of odd if you actually consider it and I don't think it should have been allowed to happen. If you were one of the fans, you crowded the promenade to see them. If you had no idea who they were, you were likely confused by the crowd. It didn't feel like a theme park was the appropriate venue for this kind of dynamic.

I believe that for these smaller location areas, entertainment should change out regularly. It's an easy way to keep things fresh and interesting in a part of the park lacking much to actually do beyond eat, drink and shop.*

That isn't to say Off Kilter didn't deserve a following. I was never a part of that following but I hope they've found a new permanent home someplace with good air conditioning, that doesn't have a $100 cover charge, where they can stand out a little more and get better recognition. Based on the number of people I always saw standing around the seating area, they were already drawing crowds too big for their venue there at the pavilion, as it was.

*I'm sure it's probably also a way to keep contract costs low and maintain negotiation leverage, too but we all know Disney puts guests first these days so I'm sure that had nothing to do with the change in policy. ;)

Last edited:

Sonconato

Apparently you have not read what "The Off Kilter peeps" have been posting in the last few months. Off Kilter was the Canadian entertainment for 17 years, people got to know them, many on a personal level. What we ARE complaining about is1. If Disney is going to replace a long term very popular and talented group, make sure the replacement is on or near the same professional level. AND 2. Off Kilter did NOT become so popular in a month or two. Disney give groups a chance (and a chance is NOT a month or two) to shine and develop a following and then replace them if they fail. As for the new group I will give them an in person chance just like I did with Off Kilter so many years ago. I looked forward to doing the same with Alberta Bound BUT Disney did not keep them until our August trip.
pleased.gif

Spot on...we applaud you.

Last edited:

Zac Skellington

Thanks for proving my point...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This looks awesome!! If it was an actual show to replace O' Canada with seats and a stage and everything, I would appreciate it even more. Need some more AC attractions with chairs.. Those lean rails just don't add up to me. And Canada is usually the last pavilion I go to cuz I go from left to right.

wannabeBelle

I look forward to seeing these guys, it looks like it could be interesting. The only question I have is how well the circus acts will do on the stage area, it seems a little small to hold all of that. I loved Alberta Bound and from what I saw so did many others who were just walking by, so hopefully this will not be the last we see of them. Off Kilter is playing out as they choose to and will be playing on Citywalk in Universal on 6/17/2016. I have heard the start time is 6:45 but don't quote me on that. The night after is their release party for their 6th CD and they are playing two more times at Universal in July. Marie

MrPromey

The only question I have is how well the circus acts will do on the stage area, it seems a little small to hold all of that.

Completely agree. I don't think whatever we get at Epcot will be all that we saw in that video unless they do some of it in front of the stage. Good potential. Hopefully good execution, as well.

wannabeBelle

Any ideas on a start date for the new group? I haven't seen this in any of the usual spots.
Edited: On the app only for My Disney Experience it is showing a start date of 6/12/2016 with the show times at 12 noon, 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 3:50pm, 5:00pm and 6:15pm. This isn't showing up on the website application though.
Marie

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom