Len Testa Crowd Analysis

the.dreamfinder

Nonsense

If you don't make more with what you have, the competition will come and slice you up because your organization is not operating efficiently.

What TWDC has done with Parks and Resorts is a good example of taking it too far to and intentionally exceeding their available resources. "We can make more by cutting below our minimum"

When you have bean counters who have no concept of the hospitality industry and whose only goal is to make the quarterly numbers good for investors, rather managing a division to build and grow it, you end up with noticeable problems.
The last head of P&R to have come up through the division was Dick Nunis and he retired from the position over twenty years ago.

We’ve since had two retail guys (Pressler and Chapek) and two investment bankers (Rasulo* and Staggs) run P&R, now with Consumer Products, and we’ve seen how well that’s gone.

*Rasulo started out as an investment banker, went over to Marriott, then came to the company. Unlike the others, Rasulo has some experience as a senior exec at Euro Disney SCA.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The last head of P&R to have come up through the division was D*i*c*k* Nunis and he retired from the position over twenty years ago.

We’ve since had two retail guys (Pressler and Chapek) and two investment bankers (Rasulo* and Staggs) run P&R, now with Consumer Products, and we’ve seen how well that’s gone.

FTFY

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The last head of P&R to have come up through the division was **** Nunis and he retired from the position over twenty years ago.

I worked for Paul Pressley...

I have nothing to add 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So to cut to the chase, is this going to be one of those "greed" and profits are the roots of all evil in the world?

No...that’s actually self evident.

I’m saying that all the armchair economists here seem to forget that Econ is not a mathematics discipline.

It’s correctly classified as a social science.

Because it attempts to quantify individual and collective impulse and tries to predict impact.

But it ignores greed - perhaps the most irrational of human characteristics. Impulse doesn’t lead to 100% predictable “facts”. Greed causes gambling in a fundamental take.

So while what an overpriced college textbook tells you is “sound strategy”...it’s actually flawed if it doesn’t weigh the human element more closely.

Many of the “efficiency” arguments fail bigtime here...it requires a more fair approach.

Notice how I talk about money and the perception/motivation angle?

And I’ve worked in a finance unit for Disney?

Careful who you call a lunatic.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

I’m saying that all the armchair economists here seem to forget that Econ is not a mathematics discipline.

Because it attempts to quantify individual and collective impulse and tries to predict impact.

But it ignores greed - perhaps the most irrational of human characteristics. Impulse doesn’t lead to 100% predictable “facts”. Greed causes gambling in a fundamental take.

So while what an overpriced college textbook tells you is “sound strategy”...it’s actually flawed if it doesn’t weigh the human element more closely.

Many of the “efficiency” arguments fail bigtime here...it requires a more fair approach.

No my description so far has been quite appropriate.

So far other than stating multiple times that you've worked for a finance unit at Disney, and failing to make a coherent point, your endorsement of profit and "greed" being the root of all evil, instantly disqualifies you from legitimately commenting on this, because your position is not based on any sound reasoning, only emotion and feeling.

Nubs70

However, load balancing (Business Process Optimization) is a science.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You just described an entire side of the political spectrum. ;)

I think I get what both of you are saying, but work's been too busy for me to process it fully.
It’s not political or governance. It’s social theory and economics

They are often falsely equated.
“democracy beat communism!”

No...not the case.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No my description so far has been quite appropriate.

So far other than stating multiple times that you've worked for a finance unit at Disney, and failing to make a coherent point, your endorsement of profit and "greed" being the root of all evil, instantly disqualifies you from legitimately commenting on this, because your position is not based on any sound reasoning, only emotion and feeling.

So you like math...but not a big fan of reading or humanities...got it 😬

Clamman73

@lentesta FYI...there are toy story land rides showing up in historical crowds data for 2017.
FEB5B8FD-6DA8-4D08-9B55-DAE240BAF85E.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom