LeFou's Brew....the verdict?

hokielutz

I'll say that my cup of brew was not anything to write home about. It wasn't awful.... but I won't be craving it on the next trip. It is very sweet and that is probably the attraction for kids, who will get hooked on it.

Agree with a previous poster that the menu should be reworked a little to make the offerings more of a rustic french style... but I do love the attention to detail of the buildings and the town square.

All Hallows

Harry and friend's favorite fizzy brew is best served cold. Yum!

LeFou's Brew, is a strange..well, brew. I found the passion fruit-mango foam to be tasty. The actual drink itself (no-sugar added apple juice) was very bland when frozen and since it's frozen it was also undrinkable. However, to my surprise and delight the more the drink melted the better the drink tasted and I could even taste a hint of roasted marshmallow.

Last edited:

habuma

My family and I finally had a chance to try LeFou's Brew earlier this week. My youngest daughter didn't care for it, but the rest of us rather liked it. I even kinda liked the foam on top (although, it certainly wasn't my favorite part of it). But otherwise we really liked it. Enough so that we grabbed another one before leaving on Wednesday.

None of us have ever had a butter beer, so we have nothing to compare it to.

Kman101

I finally had it yesterday. I enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular but to me it had a good taste and as hot as it was, it was super refreshing. I liked the topping.

belledream

It definitely didn't feel like something I would want to mark as a tradition or anything, but I did buy the stein. Now that's a winner to me ;)

Mista C

I had it for the first time last week when I was there and I absolutely loved it. It will become a must-have for me on every trip from now on. Wish that they had better snacks in there though.

Next Big Thing

As an AP holder and someone who goes to MK normally once a month, I find that I don't even think about getting LeFou's Brew while in the park. I think i've only ever gotten 2 of them since the FLE opened back in 2012. It's not as in your face as Butterbeer for one, but it also has nothing to do with any narrative like Butterbeer does. I find almost every time I head over to the WWoHP I get a Butterbeer.

PAW PAW 70

Tried it last year bought mugs, not to impressed with quality of mug. Decal won't last too many washings. Butter beer not to good. Grandkids wanted it so there you go.

mm52200

There seemed to be a lot of "buzz" about the drink at first but it's certainly worn off. The tavern usually only has a few people in line these days it seems.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
One thing is obvious: Butterbeer is the better seller. It probably doesn't help LeFou's Brew that...
A) That mango topping is thematically inappropriate,
B) That mango topping is just nasty,
C) It doesn't come from the fiction like Butterbeer does
D) It's just a clone of the drink at Carsland, and lacks originality
E) Between the mango and the cold, the marshmallow is hard to pick out, so it just tastes like frozen apple juice.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

There seemed to be a lot of "buzz" about the drink at first but it's certainly worn off. The tavern usually only has a few people in line these days it seems.
The tavern and Mermaid are sort of hidden by 7DMT in a way (and are tucked in the back). Mermaid almost never has a wait anymore and I don't even remember the last time I bothered to check Gaston's because it out of the way.

cw1982

We liked it so much when we tried it on Sunday that we decided to get one more when we went back last night for some last - minute, end - of - trip thrills lol. That and one last Dole Whip made a great way to end our MK snacking :)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The tavern and Mermaid are sort of hidden by 7DMT in a way (and are tucked in the back). Mermaid almost never has a wait anymore and I don't even remember the last time I bothered to check Gaston's because it out of the way.
If you put something at the extremeties of the park, you had better make sure it's GOOD. Now that the "new" luster of Little Mermaid is waning, there's much less reason to go all the way back there.

doctornick

If you put something at the extremeties of the park, you had better make sure it's GOOD. Now that the "new" luster of Little Mermaid is waning, there's much less reason to go all the way back there.

I think they really missed the mark by not also adding a smaller dark ride to that walkway. I've suggested that they could have buried on in the corner of the 7DMT plot near BOG where the 7DMT tracks are at their highest. Having something like a Sleeping Beauty ride in that area would ensure that a lot more people walk along the path along the BatB/LM area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom