LeFou's Brew....the verdict?

disney4life2008

Oh I agree 100% with American Idol. Disney is far beyond infallible that's for sure. But WWoHP, you said, would last a few generations. Well a generation is about 25 years. Those who were teens when Harry Potter came out...they are already having kids so their kids will like it....but their kids.....not so much. Then their kids......done. 2030..okay maybe 2045.....WWoHP is dead in the water.
Meanwhile Peter Pan has been one of the busiest attractions at WDW since it opened in 1971.....but look what happened to Snow White's Scary Adventures. While still great it was time to move on.

Who knows where both WDW and US will be by 2045 - who knows where LIFE will be. But staying on topic - I think its a little ambitious to write off WWHP like that. However, I will agree that since its opening the fanfare surrounding the attractions has immensely subsided and waits seems to be no more than an hour compared to the 3 or more when it 1st opened.

lazyboy97o

LeFou brew is very good. I don't want to drink a million gallons of it, but a nice mug with a giant cinnamon roll is well worth it.
And since I don't care for cream soda I know I would not care much for ButterBeer.

The sad thing about Wizarding World of Harry Potter.....no more books are being made...and in 10 to 15 years that area will be obsolete.
Disney has a fresh brand and they keep drawing kids in every year. So get your butter beer fix while you can. By 2030....I think WWoHP will be a ghost town.
When was Beauty and the Beast released?

WildcatDen

Really liked LeFou's Brew. Seemed a bit more refreshing than Butterbeer. The funny thing is at the initial taste, I was not sure, then the aftertaste was very refreshing. Good stuff but I agree it is a bit expensive and the souvenir Belle goblet gives a new meaning to the term 'Cheap'.

doctornick

Finally got around the Gaston's Tavern my recent trip. Got the pork shank which I really liked, much better than a turkey leg (which I'm not fond of) though it was a bit difficult to eat. Had Lefou's Brew and thought the passion fuit topping was too thick/strong, but once I got through that, I rather enjoyed the drink itself. It was refreshing with a distinct but not overpowering flavor. Maybe they just put a lot of the topping on my drink, but I think it would have been better simply by making it a much thinner layer of the cream on top.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The drink itself, while no Butter Beer, is not bad. The foam topping ruins it though. And yeah, those souvineer cups are crap.

MickeyPeace

LaFous Brew was good going down ( although very sweet) but then it kept coming back up for the next couple hours.

I kept regurgitating that marshmallow foam. I thought I was going to perish on Little Mermaid choking on the stuff.
Apologies if too graphic but true

tribbleorlfl

I still wish the drinks and offerings in Gadton's were a little more rustic/authentic. The pork shank (awesome!) is the only thing appropriate to the theme, IMO.

I do not think Provincial France or manly tavern (or even a sanitized, kid-friendly tavern) when I see Cinnamon rolls and passion fruit foam. Should be serving giant root beer floats, ginger ale, apple cider (caramel apple flavor perhaps), maybe even a sparkling white grape juice drink to simulate champagne.

doctornick

I still wish the drinks and offerings in Gadton's were a little more rustic/authentic. The pork shank (awesome!) is the only thing appropriate to the theme, IMO.

I do not think Provincial France or manly tavern (or even a sanitized, kid-friendly tavern) when I see Cinnamon rolls and passion fruit foam. Should be serving giant root beer floats, ginger ale, apple cider (caramel apple flavor perhaps), maybe even a sparkling white grape juice drink to simulate champagne.

I tend to agree. Especially about the pastries. It's a tavern, serve bar food, not desserts. And, yeah, more "drink" like drinks would be good.

MasterJedi

I honestly sincerely hate both. They are both WAY too sweet for me. I cant finish them. I dont think that they should be compared. Now the pumpkin drink was better than the butter beer. I would prefer that the 2 sweet drinks be served in a small and a regular.

alissafalco

It tasted like an apple juice slushy. While the flavor was not bad, It was way too sweet for me and I had to throw most of it out. But I am also a person that does not drink sweet drinks.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I know you can't tell by her face, but my niece loved it.
She didn't want to share, but we made her let us each have a sip.

image.jpg

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It tasted like an apple juice slushy. While the flavor was not bad, It was way too sweet for me and I had to throw most of it out. But I am also a person that does not drink sweet drinks.
Hi Alissa. Having fun?
Fingers crossed you get to ride the Mine Train.

jdmdisney99

I enjoyed it very much, but the marshmallow topping was unnecessary. It really can't be compared to Butterbeer. Both are great but for different pallets.

MrDee

Finally tried it. Just another tick on my Disney check list. To be fair, I didn't find it bad at all, but it is not anything I will ever be purchasing again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom