Leave a Legacy On It's Way Out?

raven

Someone in a recent thread (Raven, maybe?) mentioned that plans have been floated for a new entrance plaza sans LaL, but that they're not necessarily...good ones. Is there any more info out there about this?

Wasn't me. I may have mentioned a change to the toll booth area look but not the entrance of the park.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but you (and your family any maybe someone else that you specifically direct to the location of your tile) will be the only ones who will ever see it. No one else really cares to stop and admire the one-dimensional thumbnail images of perfect strangers that have a resolution quality below that of newspaper print. :cry:

Speak for yourself. I see people looking at the tiles nearly every time I go.

CaptainWinter

56179250.jpg

Can anyone tell the story of this thing? I loved it and want it back.

CoasterKing

Marni.........

Do you know if they kept the original fountain top?

I remember seeing one of the prisms being auctioned on E-bay by MouseSurplus. Don't know if they did the other two as well or they went their separate way. Maybe they will do some updated look with some sort of tribute to the original fountain.

CoasterKing :king:

FigmentJedi

So that all may remember the Battle of Future World, when both the Horizon Legion and Wonders of Life Brigade were slaughtered to the last man. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

"Give 'em hell, Mission: Space!"

And of course, there was the greatest loss of the war when General Dreamfinder was shot down. Captain EO was just lucky they only sent him to a POW camp.

bugsbunny

Speak for yourself. I see people looking at the tiles nearly every time I go.

Sorry but have to agree with the other person. The only people looking are the one's who bought them and can't ever find them. The quality of the tiles reminds me of when I was a kid and pressed silly putty up against the comics in the newspaper....wait...that was higher quality. No..seriously, it was.

What gets me is that as human beings, the only time we really make large slabs of marble or granite with hundreds/thousands of names or identities on it is to remember loved ones that have passed on through significant historic events. Having been to places like the Vietnam Memorial in DC, I can't fathom any of the suits in marketing thought this was a great idea. A postage size piece of tin on huge slabs of granite? And a life span of a few years? Cheezy!!!!

Since they are taking it down within 10 years, it would appear it was nothing more than a cash cow to milk the millennium wave that everybody excited back in 2000. Hell, I bet Eisner would have charged his own mother to have her picture put up there back then!

JustInTime

I like it more than the current. I'd like something new better than either.

Agreed. Those prisms are suck in the 80's (along with most of EPCOT, sadly). They are neat but lets not go backward. Lets encourage movement forward. After all, that was really Walt's motto. Give us something Experimental. Give us something Prototype. Give us something City. Give us something Tomorrow.

Keep moving forward (and hopefully in a good way).

ScorpionX

:eek:

HALLELUJAH! :sohappy:
I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty
in the moonlight
overthrew you
She tied you
To a kitchen chair
She broke your throne,
she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe I've been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

There was a time you'd let me know
What's real and going on below
But now you never show it to me do you?
Remember when I moved in you?
The holy dark was moving too
And every breath we drew was hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe there's a God above
And all I ever learned from love
Was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you
It's not a cry you can hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

JimboJones123

Agreed. Those prisms are suck in the 80's (along with most of EPCOT, sadly). They are neat but lets not go backward. Lets encourage movement forward. After all, that was really Walt's motto. Give us something Experimental. Give us something Prototype. Give us something City. Give us something Tomorrow.

Keep moving forward (and hopefully in a good way).

I will disagree 100%.

A large part of the charm of Epcot is the fact that it was born in the culture of the 80s. In fact, if born in the 90s, it would look like a run down piece of junk. If born in the 70s, it would have looked like junk when it opened.

It should continue to embrace the unique position it was born into.

That is what makes me sad about the park. The lack of Flamingos. The dumped down Odessy. The 2/3 empty Imagination pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom