Leave a Legacy On It's Way Out?

CitizenRob

My Granny has one of those...And her image makes her look like she was frozen in carbonite. Yesh! They need to clear that whole area up cause it looks so OOGLY! :hurl:

Timekeeper

I am not familiar with the details of LaL. Were purchasing guests "guaranteed" any sort of duration as to how long their likeness would remain installed in that location?

How about for the bricks in front of MK?

hpyhnt 1000

I am not familiar with the details of LaL. Were purchasing guests "guaranteed" any sort of duration as to how long their likeness would remain installed in that location?

How about for the bricks in front of MK?

Yes they were. I think 10 years is the number thats been tossed around. Not sure on the MK bricks, but I imagine there was a similar arrangement.

I'd like to add that as great as seeing the brown stripes disappearing is, I doubt its an indication that Leave a Legacy will be making its final legacy any time soon.

lazyboy97o

All the reports I have seen suggest that display was guaranteed, but not any specific location.

Timekeeper

Yes they were. I think 10 years is the number thats been tossed around. Not sure on the MK bricks, but I imagine there was a similar arrangement.

Then, in all practicality, the 10 year clock would start to run the day that the last "legacy" is purchased and inscribed. So, families that purchased one 10 years ago would have 20 years of "legacy" to enjoy, etc.

All the reports I have seen suggest that display was guaranteed, but not any specific location.

That would seem odd to me, and theoretically mean that Disney could relocate the display to the back corners of Typhoon Lagoon, or better yet, River Country. :cry:

wild01ride

I have some older WDW planning videos that mention LaL.

There are subtitles at the bottom stating something to the effect of:
"Leave a Legacy is not expected to be a permanent attraction."

Timekeeper

I have some older WDW planning videos that mention LaL.

There are subtitles at the bottom stating something to the effect of:
"Leave a Legacy is not expected to be a permanent attraction."

I think I saw the same subtitles on the MK guidemap below the description of Alien Encounter. :ROFLOL:

Hmmm, so maybe Disney "played it safe" by not promising a specific duration of time? I wonder how much revenue this LaL project actually generated? Can anyone calculate the cost and number of "legacies" currently inscribed for a ballpark figure...?

CoasterKing

We purchased one many years ago, and if I remember correctly, according to the contract we signed, we were guaranteed 20 years of showing from the date of installation, but the tiles could be relocated elsewhere. So they must be shown for 20 years someplace on WDW property, and could be shown longer if WDW so desires, but not shorter than the 20 years. I guess if they decide to take them down before the 20 years and not show them someplace esle, then we could get some sort of prorated refund on the amount we paid.

CoasterKing :king:

ChrisM

But now how will we remember all those who died for Epcot? :rolleyes:

So that all may remember the Battle of Future World, when both the Horizon Legion and Wonders of Life Brigade were slaughtered to the last man. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

"Give 'em hell, Mission: Space!"

SDav10495

I have learned that one should never get ahead of oneself when something goes right at Epcot.

I am aware that this paint job guarantees nothing--that the fact that someone budgeted a (relatively) tiny amount of money to re-paint the fugly legs may have nothing to do with the much, much more expensive project many of us are hoping for.

...but we can dream, can't we? :rolleyes:

Seriously, for all we know these legs could just be the pet project of some retrophilic paint committee (the ones who restored the UoE exterior...?) and mean diddly squat about the stones themselves. But with the LaL program well and truly dead for a few years now, it does make you wonder.

Someone in a recent thread (Raven, maybe?) mentioned that plans have been floated for a new entrance plaza sans LaL, but that they're not necessarily...good ones. Is there any more info out there about this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom