Votes: 23 11.1%
  • Disney Hollywood Studios

Votes: 77 37.0%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 100 48.1%

• Total voters

Mr D Duck

Epcot- has to be.
The park is shambolic, FW is very poorly laid out and the attractions are dull. The Land is a big dirty cafe that stinks of damp and disinfectant. Finally, for Disney to attempt to represent beautiful european countries in a couple of hundred meters is just insulting.
Knock it down and start again, the park is an embarrasment to the otherwise superior Disney brand.

*Disclaimer- all above is my own personal opinion and not intended to begin a riot.

tumelo

Epcot- has to be.
The park is shambolic, FW is very poorly laid out and the attractions are dull. The Land is a big dirty cafe that stinks of damp and disinfectant. Finally, for Disney to attempt to represent beautiful european countries in a couple of hundred meters is just insulting.
Knock it down and start again, the park is an embarrasment to the otherwise superior Disney brand.

*Disclaimer- all above is my own personal opinion and not intended to begin a riot.

I totally agree! The attractions are boring, and the whole place seems to be "dated".

Figment632

I'd have to say DHS because for me the theming if AK saves it from being my least fav. DHS is a park with no identity, half the park is stuck in the awsome past when attractions tied to HW and films (GMR, ST, TOT ect.). Then you have what will probaly be half the park some day Pixar Studios, which probaly should have been it's own park. I would have made the 5th gate half villans/thrill rides and half Pixar Studios.

forevermickey

That's really hard to pick least fav. since they are all awesome in their own way and each has their draw backs. I love MK- all the magic emulates from there- Epcot is awesome but is in need of a little make-over in future world- LOVE the countries!- DHS does have some awesome rides but it is a little close for comfort in there- and AK- going for the first time in Aug. so can't comment on that - but you probably have to be into animals and nature to fully appreciate that park - I heard they have a spectacular Lion King show and Boma and Tusker House are great restaurants- and then there is Mount Everest?? So in all, I don't think I really answered the question :confused:

tirian

Wow, it was hard to choose between DHS and DAK; I had to pick one randomly.

DHS has a few great attractions and two really good shows, but the cramped walkways and lack of strongly themed "magic" beyond the theater make the park a hassle to navigate. Even the new Pixar Place area is ridiculously narrow, and with new attractions on their way, it's only going to get worse. The back streets were intended for a tram plus light foot traffic, not theme park crowds.

DAK's limited attraction roster has some really strong rides, but the park overall just doesn't have enough to do, period. Nemo and LotLK have very little repeatability to me personally, and Chester and Hester's is just straight-up out of place. Unlike DHS, DAK is themed to the hilt. Although I've never been to Disney Sea (yet—working on that this year), I've been told that DAK is actually better themed than it is! BUT no amount of theming can cover the fact that there's nothing to do in between the big rides and shows except shop. People accuse World Showcase of being a highly themed shopping mall, but I give that "honor" to DAK. Every time I go to DAK, I feel like I'm just walking around, waiting for a FP time slot. Of course, living here increases that "been there, done that" feeling.

I'm not surprised to see people who simply don't "get" Epcot; it's the kind of place where you either love it or you don't. The big-box pavilions and World's Fair atmosphere are very different from the immersive theming at Disneyland-style parks. That said, I love Epcot. :king:

tirian

I love Magic Kingdom and all....but Magic Kingdom by a long shot.

Don't blame me, send all complaints to Disneyland, care of Anaheim California.

No offense, but have you actually been to DL? It's not *that* much different, with the exception of PotC and Space Mt.

I agree that DL gets more maintenance and offers more attractions than the most visited theme park on earth (which makes NO SENSE whatsoever—blame poor management); but many of those extra attractions—like Pinocchio, Alice, and the beloved Matterhorn (which makes our old Space Mt. look SMOOTH)—are nothing to write home about. DL has its strong points, but it doesn't trounce, pounce, or stomp the MK into the ground.

Anyway, everyone has an opinion, and you don't have to agree with me. :) I will say that the MK needs at least one more E-ticket and one more C- or D-ticket for its CURRENT crowd levels, let alone when the economy improves. It needs better management too, especially a VP who isn't afraid of maintenance. (Maybe he'd rather have a DL-BTMRR-style disaster on his hands?) But with Splash, the HM, the JC, the TTA, and lots of smaller attractions—plus DOLE WHIPS—I could never say the MK is my least favorite park.

Lucky

This is a very sticky subject on these boards. Please tread lightly. I got scolded last year because I felt that at 600 + acres, AK needed more attractions/rides to be ranked with the other parks.
I rate them on their atmosphere and what there is to do there. Maybe DHS has more attractions per acre but I couldn't care less about the acreage. We can spend a lot more time in AK than in DHS before running out of things to do.

gspin2k1

I'm gonna go with Hollywood Studios just because I feel Universal Studios is already in Orlando, and all the Cool rides of Hollywood studios can easily be put in other parks or may even be more appropriately put there.

~G

EpcotServo

No offense, but have you actually been to DL? It's not *that* much different, with the exception of PotC and Space Mt.

I agree that DL gets more maintenance and offers more attractions than the most visited theme park on earth (which makes NO SENSE whatsoever—blame poor management); but many of those extra attractions—like Pinocchio, Alice, and the beloved Matterhorn (which makes our old Space Mt. look SMOOTH)—are nothing to write home about. DL has its strong points, but it doesn't trounce, pounce, or stomp the MK into the ground.

Anyway, everyone has an opinion, and you don't have to agree with me. :) I will say that the MK needs at least one more E-ticket and one more C- or D-ticket for its CURRENT crowd levels, let alone when the economy improves. It needs better management too, especially a VP who isn't afraid of maintenance. (Maybe he'd rather have a DL-BTMRR-style disaster on his hands?) But with Splash, the HM, the JC, the TTA, and lots of smaller attractions—plus DOLE WHIPS—I could never say the MK is my least favorite park.

Sorry, extremely disagree. What Magic Kingdom is lacking that Magic Kingdom doesn't is a feeling of "place". I would trade Magic Kingdom like THAT just spent for a few minutes sitting in New Orleans Square and taking in all the sights and sounds. Magic Kingdom of late feels like a McDonald's...bring em' in, ship em' out, just keep running. It's just...losing that magic that Disneyland captures.

Which is sad, because I GREW UP at Magic Kingdom and aside from a few rides, I feel like I have more nostalgia at the other three parks with the way they've let Kingdom go down hill...
:(

And I'd say Matterhorn is WAYYYYYYY smoother than our Space Mountain. The rough side of the Matterhorn has some wild maneuvers, but the ride is far less rattle-ey. Especially the North side track.
:lol:

majorrfb

Disney Hollywood Studios

DHS...I feel like it's always a half day park, and that most of the rides I can do once in a while & not miss too much.

I could not agree more with you. With the exception of the Osborne lights and Fantasmic, there isn't much interest for me to go there. Magic Kingdom and Epcot are equally my personal favorite parks. Animal Kingdom, I live with it, it's my wifes personal favorite park. :sohappy:

tirian

Sorry, extremely disagree. What Magic Kingdom is lacking that Magic Kingdom doesn't is a feeling of "place". I would trade Magic Kingdom like THAT just spent for a few minutes sitting in New Orleans Square and taking in all the sights and sounds. Magic Kingdom of late feels like a McDonald's...bring em' in, ship em' out, just keep running. It's just...losing that magic that Disneyland captures.

Which is sad, because I GREW UP at Magic Kingdom and aside from a few rides, I feel like I have more nostalgia at the other three parks with the way they've let Kingdom go down hill...
:(

And I'd say Matterhorn is WAYYYYYYY smoother than our Space Mountain. The rough side of the Matterhorn has some wild maneuvers, but the ride is far less rattle-ey. Especially the North side track.
:lol:

So...I'm assuming you have indeed been there, even though you didn't come out and say so. I understand about NOS, but with WS at Epcot, I don't really care. :) The MK's AL, TL, and FRL are all better than DL's, too, but I agree that NOS and their FL feel like "places" instead of "park areas." The fact that the MK's FL is extremely underdeveloped even though it's the most visited area of the most visited theme park on earth—wow, that's just plain stupid. It's also why WDI is pushing very hard to renovate the land.

That said, I still prefer the MK and Epcot to DHS or DAK, but that's just me. The whole point of the thread is about people's individual opinions. :wave:

pcarathers

It depends on the age of the members of your party. We just got back on the 16th and we had 2 15 year old boys with us. They naturally wanted to do the "thrill" rides and nothing else! If I had to pick one park as a least favorite, it would be AK. I like the atmospher the park brings, but really, the only things we do there are the Festival of the Lion King, Everest and Dinosaur, and as of this past trip, NEMO the Musical. And that was it. we did the Tough to be a bug because my nephew's friend who went with us has never been. it was hilarious watching him in ttbab.....especially when the "stingers" got him!

DHS, I agree could use a lot more in the "ride" department, but again, it is a "STUDIO" so I get the concept for having all the shows...etc...

I love EPCOT although I think it sure could use more rides in the WS, but I still love to walk to the countries and see everything!

MK is my favorite, just because it's the MK!! I would like to see more "current" movie rides/attractions brought in, OTHER THAN STITCH!, but it's not that big a deal to me.

I had to go with Epcot...had you asked me ten years ago, I would have said Animal Kingdom, no question, but since they have added quite a few attractions, it has become my second favorite.

I picked Epcot as least because they need to do something with it...I enjoy Soarin and Journey Into Imagination as well as walking (and drinking) around the World Showcase, but that's about it. Most of the hyped attractions in Future World, such as Test Track and Mission to Mars are not good IMO. And they need to do more with the World Showcase...if they aren't going to add any more countries, they need to do more with the ones they have. I am totally a ride person, so I think Epcot could stand to add about a half dozen rides to really improve the park substantially.

talfonso

I hate to say this, but I'd bet my chips on Magic Kingdom - yes, it has all the good rides, more character meets and greets, two awesome parades, and impeccable fireworks display, and great atmosphere, but to me it's more like Tantrumland (blame the kid appeal that's higher than any other theme park in the resort)!

BrerFrog

I got to go with EPCOT. Before I am shot down by thousands of EPCOT fans who lurk on these boards I will say that I absolutely love that park, but if I had to choose one as my least favorite one it would be EPCOT.

If I had enough money to visit all restaurants and stands on World Showcase when I was at the World I am sure I would have enjoyed it more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom