Least Favorite Disney Deluxe Resort?

CaptainShortty

I know we often talk about which hotel is everyone's favorite but I was wondering which is everyone's LEAST favorite Deluxe Resort. IMO, they all have many pros and cons so I was curious what people didn't like about them.

captainkidd

Contemporary. Never stayed there, and desire to.

GF is not stuffy. At least, not the guests. We just spent 8 nights there and for the most part it was great. I agree though - The front desk is the worst at WDW. Very rude, which is bizarre to me.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Saratoga Springs, hands down. Can anyone who voted against any other hotel share their reason for rating such hotel lower than this timeshare?

I vote for Saratoga because it isn't associated with any particular park like most of the other deluxes but it doesn't stand out on its own as a place you want to stay. Maybe Wilderness Lodge isn't associated with a specific park, although I think of it as a Magic Kingdom resort, but Wilderness Lodge has Artists Point for fine dining and the mis-named Whispering Canyon for taking the whole family, but I have not heard of any signature restaurant at Saratoga Springs where you should go out of your way to eat there, even if not staying on property.

Maybe it needs a publicity agent, but until convinced otherwise, Saratoga Springs wins my vote for "least favorite Disney Deluxe Resort."

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Contemporary flat out ugly too chromish

GF too Victorian outdated for the money too expensive 50 -75.00 hour to lay your head there for about 9 hours. reminds me of the crafty victorian selling days hate mauve

Really the deluxes have really plain rooms from which I have seen on one of these forums..

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Of the Deluxes, we've only stayed at the Yacht Club (which we loved), and the Animal Kingdom Lodge (which we loved). Fortunately, we had awesome experiences at both.

I have no desire to stay at the Contemporary - the lack of theme just doesn't draw me. I always said the GF didn't interest me until we sat in the lobby for a while and listened to the orchestra - I can see why people would like it, but I know we'll never be staying there.

Edit - Does Saratoga Springs even count as a Deluxe? I never consider OKW & SS Deluxes... definitely a marketing problem there.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Absolutely the Wilderness Lodge. You see, it's getting very crowded.... and Sandy & I always go there. Everyone else should avoid it.... :).

So true! Who wants to take an old, slow boat to the MK when you can take a monorail? I'll be there in September, but I'll be hating every minute of it! :animwink:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

My whole family (even DS 22 months) agrees on this one - the Polynesian. Wait until you read my trip report. We are still in the World so it'll be a week or so until I get to it.

By the way, I thought the Contemporary would be very unDisney until I stayed here. Amazing, simply amazing. Try it before you rule it out.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Edit - Does Saratoga Springs even count as a Deluxe? I never consider OKW & SS Deluxes... definitely a marketing problem there.

Well, the room sizes are comparable to most Deluxes on-property. SSR may not have watercraft rental like OKW but it does have that super sweet spa, 2 themed pools (now) and a number of quiet pools. If you like shopping, having walkway and/or boat access to DTD is nice (though IMHO it was nicer when PI was still around, being able to stay at SSR, go to Adventurer's Club for a few hours than meander back to your room without dealing with drunken sots on the bus or boat possibly puking on you or being loud and disorderly in general). Best way to explain them might be this - they're Deluxe Disney resorts for guests who don't want to be puckered-starfish-hole deep in all things Disney.

Upvote 0

coltow

I never need to stay at Yacht Club again. We were disappointed with staff, the few timess I had questions hey were impolite. We were disappointed in having the LAST room in the wing, furthest from the lobby. Also it was never was easy to find a soda or quick snack because they share with BC so everything is centrally located, which, when you're the last room is quite a hike.

Don't even get me started on the main pool. I'm not a beach person. So was miserable with all the sand. To me a pool shouldn't have sand in it. I get that people like it, but NOT me

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I never need to stay at Yacht Club again. We were disappointed with staff, the few timess I had questions hey were impolite. We were disappointed in having the LAST room in the wing, furthest from the lobby. Also it was never was easy to find a soda or quick snack because they share with BC so everything is centrally located, which, when you're the last room is quite a hike.

Don't even get me started on the main pool. I'm not a beach person. So was miserable with all the sand. To me a pool shouldn't have sand in it. I get that people like it, but NOT me

This was our exact experience.

Odd - Official Guide calls Yacht Club Best Deluxe Resort. Unofficial Guide readers have it rated as the worst Deluxe Resort.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

While the GF is beautiful, the cms seem to believe that they are actually snobs themselves. I'm paying top dollar to be treated like I 'm in Beverly Hills, when I'd rather be treated by great friendly people at other resorts. As for as CR, it's the convention place on WDW property, and so conveys that, which does not equate to Disney atmosphere. The lobby alone IMHO is the least themed one of all the resorts.

Upvote 0

Pete C

I had a much different experience at the Yacht Club than you guys. The staff was so friendly I almost couldn't believe it. The service was on par with the best hotels I have stayed at. It is very highly rated on sites like Hotels.com as well. When we stayed at WL, it was kind-of a step down in terms of how inviting they were.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom