Le Cellier Steakhouse v The Dining Plan Option

Star-Tourer

Original Poster
Forgive me if this query like this has been raised before.

We are on the Dining Plan and have been unable to secure a booking at Le Cellier Steakhouse during our entire 2 week stay at WDW.

The same applies to some friends and extended family that arrived at the end of August and are still there now.

Obviously Le Cellier is a very popular choice.

I'm guessing this would have something to do with the Disney Reservation system only allowing so many guests with the "Dining Plan" option to make an advance booking at restaurants like this.

I assume they then hold a number of tables aside to cater for "Non-Dining Plan" guests and walk-in's?

Do any of you think there still a chance we can make a booking when we arrive at the resort and perhaps opt not to use the dining plan option for this meal and see if a reservation/booking then becomes available. :veryconfu

We had our first Le Cellier experience on our last trip and now we know why folks love it, especially the pretzel breadsticks :)

I don't know if its true across the board but at least some if not all restaurants leave a certain number of spots just for walk ups. I'm sure you're right, they probably only allow so many reservations on the dining plan, so you might be able to book it outside of it, then you can save your major meal for a different time. Have you tried calling and see if they would take a normal reservation? I would asap, hope it works out :)

PintoColvig

The problem you're facing is that Le Cellier has one of the lowest seating capacities in all of WDW table services. Plus, it is also one of the highest rated restaurants in WDW. It makes it a tough ticket to get. They do not reserve a percentage of tables for same-day or walk-up guests. It is first come first reserved who gets a table. You can keep calling back to see if someone cancelled. It's a long shot but my brother snagged a last-minute ressie that way once.

bayoumoon

My suggestion is to try daily and ask for anytime available during your stay. I know it is a daunting task but it is soooo worth it. Good luck!

tigsmom

Forgive me if this query like this has been raised before.

We are on the Dining Plan and have been unable to secure a booking at Le Cellier Steakhouse during our entire 2 week stay at WDW.

The same applies to some friends and extended family that arrived at the end of August and are still there now.

Obviously Le Cellier is a very popular choice.

I'm guessing this would have something to do with the Disney Reservation system only allowing so many guests with the "Dining Plan" option to make an advance booking at restaurants like this.

I assume they then hold a number of tables aside to cater for "Non-Dining Plan" guests and walk-in's?

Do any of you think there still a chance we can make a booking when we arrive at the resort and perhaps opt not to use the dining plan option for this meal and see if a reservation/booking then becomes available. :veryconfu

No, there are no spots because it's a small place that is very popular. You couldn't get a seat on or off the dining plan. It took years for us to be able to hit it just right to get in. Many people tried to do the "walk up" when we were there and were told that there were no seats available for months! :eek:

Call everyday if possible. Call when you arrive, call everyday you are there, walk on over when you are in EPCOT, be flexible (take a lunch instead of dinner at any time offered) & you may find a cancellation. Use the dining plan if you want as it will make no difference. The place is great :slurp:

NoVa Mom

My friend wants ressies at LeCellier too and cannot get them over the phone. She is going in early Nov. and if she cannot get them on her own when she gets to her resort she always asks the concierge for help. Her last two trips they have been able to get her what she wants!

Good luck! We did LeCellier last trip and it was Delicious! :slurp:

When I was there last year, we just asked concierge one day if there were any openings.. We were lucky and got one.. We were not able to get a ressie before our trip however.. Just keep trying, as other people have said it's so worth the work to get those reservations.. Yum...

chipndale76

It's so...hard to get a reservation there. We've lucked out the last few visits. We are going the first week of November, and were able to book two lunch reservations, no dinner times were available.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've always booked my ADRs at Le Cellier first when I call 180 days before my trips. The restaurant only holds a maximum of 156 people [I think that was the number, no doubt someone will correct me - the occupancy sign is right inside the door] per fire regulations, so it books up fast. Over the years I've seen literally hundreds of walk-ups turned away.

As has been said, DDP or not, they book first-come, first-served based solely on available table sizes. If they're out of tables for two, they won't book you into an available table for four, they'll just tell you nothing's available.

I booked my ADRs for the last week of August long before I knew whether I'd be on DDP [I only do DDP if it's 'free', it isn't worth it to me to pay for it].

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
The day I booked this year I called and asked for Le Celier for any of the days Ill be in WDW and it was there for the taken my second day. I got lucky because Ive been trying for 2 years now. :king:

PrincessK

Le Cellier is one of the best places on property. If you don't call at the 180 day mark, you really don't have much of a chance.

I had my wedding reception dinner there for a party of 17. I had three people call the morning of the 180 mark to book it. We used landlines to call Disney Dining, and cell phones to keep in touch with each other. Whoever got through first booked it, then the others hung up. Very covert. LOL :ROFLOL:

GrimGrinninAnna

This isn't a perfect answer but if you can't get Le Cellier, try Artist's Point. It's in Wilderness Lodge and is 2 table service points but has a similar menu, even more stunning.

aeillill

I've never had a problem getting reservations at Le Cellier, we've even gotten in calling the week before we arrive for our trip. I'm usually just with a party of 2 or 3 so I'm sure that makes it a bit easier.

My recommendation is to call daily to see if there's any reservations, and be flexible time wise. I've never had an issue getting a late dinner, usually when Illuminations is on, or a very early dinner. Never tried for lunch so no recommendations there.

rainfully

Mmmm... Le Cellier... book early and book often? :lol:

Seriously... as early as possible or its a bust.

I must have made someone REALLY happy this year... I usually book 180 out so I can have dinner on my birthday... but this year some plans got switched around at the last minute and I ended up cancelling 2 days before... I wonder how fast it took that spot to get booked!

Cnrtygirl

I almost feel guilty. We are having dinner there twice next week. But I called at 180 days out and made my ressies. This has my hubbys only request for dinner so we are eating there the first full night at WDW and our last night there.

Star-Tourer

Original Poster
Cheers all for the helpful advice!

We may not get into Le Cellier this time round but we still have Artist's Point & California Grill to look forward to.

All this talk about food is making me hungry :slurp:

Do they still make those Beaver Tails pastries at the Canada pavillion?

DisneyBride94

It's hard to get a table there PERIOD. Most of our trips we have been unable to snag a table there... just the way it goes... whether you are on the dining program or not.

I am told, however, that if it is raining--they generally take some walk ins because people do not honor their reservations...so there's an option.

Also--if you have an odd party size--they may not be able to accommodate you...they might be able to seat 6...but not 5....or might be able to do two parties of 3...but not a party of 6...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Do they still make those Beaver Tails pastries at the Canada pavillion?
Didn't see them during our trip the last week of August. I think Iread somewhere here they'd been dropped. :(

Of course, I can get them here any time I want... :king:

PintoColvig

I've never had a problem getting reservations at Le Cellier, we've even gotten in calling the week before we arrive for our trip.

What year was that? 1985? :lol:

I almost feel guilty. We are having dinner there twice next week. But I called at 180 days out and made my ressies. This has my hubbys only request for dinner so we are eating there the first full night at WDW and our last night there.
Don't feel guilty; feel special. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom