Latest Parking Rumor: Charging at Disney Springs (Unlikely)

Would you pay for parking at Disney Springs?

• Total voters

s8film40

So, as a guest at the hotel I will have to pay, but if I am eating at a restaurant I won't? Is that how I am reading this?
It depends on if we're talking about a scenario where Disney charges resort guests for self parking.

Take Disneyland for example. If you were a resort guest you would pay $18 per day for parking. If you are visiting the hotel and dining at one of the restaurants that offers validation you get free parking for up to 5 hours. If you are a guest of the hotel you are entitled to validation as well if dining, however it will only cover you if you are parking at your hotel for 5 hours or less. Obviously that's a very unlikely scenario.

EOD K9

At the minimum if they start to charge, you get free parking at your resort, then validated for dining or just looking for under two or three hours.

s8film40

At the minimum if they start to charge, you get free parking at your resort, then validated for dining or just looking for under two or three hours.
If they set up a mechanism to collect parking payments and don't charge self parking to resort guests I would be shocked.

raven

A offsite guest just told me they quoted by Disney Security at the gate of Boardwalk a $25 parking fee last night around 8PM to "walk around and eat" because they were not staying at that resort.

$25?!!! :eek: Needless to say they decided to spend the $25 on I-Drive instead.

It's instances like these is why people research ways to "cheat the system" and get those Dark Side of Disney type books. All of this money hoarding/grabbing has really left a bad taste in a lot of tourists mouths. They are going to be the ones that kill the tourism industry in Orlando someday.

ABQ

A offsite guest just told me they quoted by Disney Security at the gate of Boardwalk a $25 parking fee last night around 8PM to "walk around and eat" because they were not staying at that resort.

It's instances like these is why people research ways to "cheat the system" and get those Dark Side of Disney type books. All of this money hoarding/grabbing has really left a bad taste in a lot of tourists mouths. They are going to be the ones that kill the tourism industry in Orlando someday.
Not that I agree with 25 dollars, but, if that's true, I can see why Disney would want the cost to park, particularly at Boardwalk, prohibitively high. Twice I've stayed there as a guest with a vehicle and found it very, very hard to find a spot. If the lot were filled up by visitors, rather than guests, what would you do?

s8film40

I think there's a small amount of miscommunication here. It's very common and especially so at Boardwalk when things get full for them to deny someone self parking (could be completely full) and direct them to valet as the only option. Valet at WDW resorts is $25 so that would seem to confirm is what was going on here. The better option would be to simply go to Yacht or Beach Club.

afb28

Not that I agree with 25 dollars, but, if that's true, I can see why Disney would want the cost to park, particularly at Boardwalk, prohibitively high. Twice I've stayed there as a guest with a vehicle and found it very, very hard to find a spot. If the lot were filled up by visitors, rather than guests, what would you do?
I've parked at Boardwalk several times as a local and I can assure you they give about 20 spots to non-valet non-resort guests to park at. Most resorts are set up this way and other than christmas time I never really see lots get full.

ABQ

I've parked at Boardwalk several times as a local and I can assure you they give about 20 spots to non-valet non-resort guests to park at. Most resorts are set up this way and other than christmas time I never really see lots get full.
Cool, however, coincidence would have it, my visits were all during mid December. Christmastime.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Remember when that discussion of charging for parking for people not staying at the resort came up a few months ago.....?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If they do this, then bring back buses to the parks. It's a pain to have to figure out which resort to take a DS bus to so I can go from DS to a park. And I always stay on property.

dstrawn9889

If they do this, then bring back buses to the parks. It's a pain to have to figure out which resort to take a DS bus to so I can go from DS to a park. And I always stay on property.
ANY resort will take you to the parks... the REASON there is no bus service from DS to the parks is that everyone would park for free instead of parking and paying for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom