Latest Parking Rumor: Charging at Disney Springs (Unlikely)

Would you pay for parking at Disney Springs?

• Total voters

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
So Chalk this up to Unverified but totally plausible....

On the heels of charging money for parking at the resorts, I've got a good source that suggests charging money for parking at Disney Springs is coming as well.

Thoughts?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Will there be free parking for AP's? If not, then I will park at one of the parks and then bus it to DTD.

I have no details beyond "its being considered".....

FWIW I would assume that if your AP covers parking at a park, it would cover parking at DTD/DS. Seems to me that its all about $$$$ and making sure no one parks for free. Which IMO has never been an issue.

NearTheEars

On the heels of charging money for parking at the resorts, I've got a good source that suggests charging money for parking at Disney Springs is coming as well.

Thoughts?

At first I was flabbergasted, then quickly remembered that they charge you to park to visit City Walk.
We don't go down there too much, maybe 5 or 6 times a year, but I'd hope our AP would let us park free.

I could see charging if they had kept the surface lots with limited space. But now that they went vertical, there will be plenty to go around.

hopemax

Thoughts?

This is what my Dad and I thought was coming. As long as the resorts were "free" they wouldn't be able to get away with charging at Disney Springs. The resort charge is a by-product of wanting to charge for the Springs, not because of too many people parking at the resorts (although that provides a level of justification). It would also explain why parking was added to more AP levels. It will be easy to add a line that the Springs is included in the parking benefit.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
At first I was flabbergasted, then quickly remembered that they charge you to park to visit City Walk.
We don't go down there too much, maybe 5 or 6 times a year, but I'd hope our AP would let us park free.

I could see charging if they had kept the surface lots with limited space. But now that they went vertical, there will be plenty to go around.

I agree with you, I really do. However, It looks as if Disney is trying to maximize any and all revenue.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt but there's enough to it that I'm willing to post the rumor.

lazyboy97o

Not sure how this would work. Reedy Creek owns, staffs and manages the garages while Disney manages all outdoor lots...
The city of Anaheim doesn't get a cut from the structure they built for Disney. At the very least it could reduce Disney's tax liability to Reedy Creek.

Bolt

The city of Anaheim doesn't get a cut from the structure they built for Disney. At the very least it could reduce Disney's tax liability to Reedy Creek.
Yeah - I just feel like the charging would have been the reaction before they had garages to help limit drivers but with more parking going up, just seems they're preparing for an influx.

DHoy

I think the decision to charge for parking is not a revenue decision but a crowd control decision. By charging for parking you incentivize people who may have come in multiple cars to meet beforehand and come together.

When I lived Orlando and my friends and I would visit universal, we would always arrive in one car because we all wanted to save on parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom