Latest look at the Beauty and the Beast area construction in the new Fantasyland

DaGoof00

I wonder what progress I'll be able to see in June! I hope there is a significant amount of exterior work being done! So excited for the new Fantasyland!

jt04

I wonder what progress I'll be able to see in June! I hope there is a significant amount of exterior work being done! So excited for the new Fantasyland!

I was just thinking about this today. If we start to see detail work on the exterior by June I think it would confirm (for me) they want the two 'lands' open sooner than many are speculating.

NoChesterHester

I was just thinking about this today. If we start to see detail work on the exterior by June I think it would confirm (for me) they want the two 'lands' open sooner than many are speculating.

So much finish work to do. So much site work still. I sure hope they open sooner, but I see no sign that it is ahead of schedule.

cbconglom

yeah so crazy how in one day they covered most of the remaining carsland range with wire mesh and yet here it seems to be crawling

jt04

yeah so crazy how in one day they covered most of the remaining carsland range with wire mesh and yet here it seems to be crawling

I think Carsland may be like Potter in that large sections are being fabricated off-site while it seems at least some of the work for the FLE is happening on-site.

Just a guess though but that is how it looks to me.

NYwdwfan

What is the flat area covered in black tarp? Is anything going on inside or is the construction focused on the exterior at this time?

It amazes me how many people are just walking by, not even looking at what's peeking over the wall.

WDW FTW

What is the flat area covered in black tarp? Is anything going on inside or is the construction focused on the exterior at this time?

It amazes me how many people are just walking by, not even looking at what's peeking over the wall.

I have heard that the black flat area you see is the ceiling of an exposed utilidor.

The work seems to be coming along fast now, we will start to see more color and deatils rather and than grey and brown now:animwink:

chucknstuff

The Ladder Ride - is a GO!!!

I see that the most anticipated part of the expansion is ready to go.. The LADDER is now open....(see first two pictures)

IWant2GoNow

Is it safe to say that TLM rock work will start shortly also? Or do you think they'll slowly just start working from left to right around the FLE?

Thanks for the new pics, Steve! :wave:

DaGoof00

Is it safe to say that TLM rock work will start shortly also? Or do you think they'll slowly just start working from left to right around the FLE?

Thanks for the new pics, Steve! :wave:

I would think that the two would be done at the same time; especially since, I would assume, both B&tB and TLM are going to go live at the same time??? Either way, very exciting.

As for an earlier opening date, I'd be shocked by this. Looks like there is a lot of fine detail required for both facades, not to mention landscaping, water work, and the blocking off of the new snow white area. An anticipation of an early open may be preemptive at this point!

-Cheers!:sohappy:

britdaw

Oh, I hope that's true! We aren't going til March of 2012 but I am super excited that this might be finished before we get there. :D

WDW FTW

The area is coming together nicely, but as far as early openings go Im afraid I heard Lee say something about the mine coaster opening 2014. I really really really hope that isnt true. Also i cant wait to see if how the "castle walls" look like that mark the back end of Fantasyland (see full concept model for reference)

NYwdwfan

I have heard that the black flat area you see is the ceiling of an exposed utilidor.

The work seems to be coming along fast now, we will start to see more color and deatils rather and than grey and brown now:animwink:

Once I read your response I realized I had heard that as well - thanks!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom