Last Year For Fantasmic?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I always thought the price was over $100,000,000? Either way, it's incredible what a little bit of capital could do. Seeing the current management at TDO, I'd think if we did get anything it would be a dumbed-down, slashed-budget version of DCA's apparent masterpiece. Much as how World of Color will be a shot in the arm to the once-wavering Disney's California Adventure, a World of Color could possibly serve the same purpose at WDW's Studios park.

Then again, so could a new roller coaster and Star Tours ride...

_Scar

Idk what LMA is.

But I doubt that designing the show took up a huge amount of the money. Buy yourself some high tech designing programs and boom start designing. The 1,200 jets, 6-10 humungo spotlights, fire shooters, LED rings around the jets, lasers, 26 projectors, 380 foot screen, football field size stage took up all the money.

I also dont see how you will reroute a lake when the lake doesnt even move....

Lights, Motors, Action...

They take up money, yes. 75 million dollars? Heck no.

And I was showing the extent to which TDO/WDI would go to put in a new attraction. You can't mess with the World Showcase Lagoon body of water, but you can arrange everything else.

Next Big Thing

On the surface I agree with this statement. What honestly needs to happen is, instead of replacing Fantasmic!, update it like they did in DL last year and maybe even update the show to incorporate some newer, more recent movies. Some of the movies that are in WDW's Fantasmic are really irrelevant today. Then, instead of cloning WoC over to WDW, bring the same system used to create the show, put it in AK and create an entirely new show that will fit the theme of AK. I think that would be the best route to go. That way, you are updating a great show and bringing in what would hopfully be a great show to AK, yet not cloning what they have over at DCA.

And the 75 million probably icludes developing the actual show. So, it shouldnt cost near that amount to be placed in another park.
Read my paragraph above. I would REALLY not want a direct clone and would not even want it to replace F!. Upgrades to F!, maybe change out a few scenes and put in a WoC style show in AK, revolved around the theme of AK would really be the best way to go with this imo.

So much gets cloned from park to park and tbh, this is going to be what DCA is going to be known for. This is DCA's pride and joy right now and the first steps in reviving that park. Why copy something that is already HUGELY associated with another park? I think just use the system and create a new show revolved around AK theme would be nice.

TP2000

Here is a comparison

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could you expand DHS F! area? Sure but where are the control booths going to go? Water will spraying all onto the road. The road is too close. Natural water way next door. Even if you do expand it, it is still way too small

Wait a minute, why couldn't they use the actual lagoon/canal that is just south of the DHS Fantasmic! stadium for a World of Color clone?!?

It's a plenty big enough body of water, and there would be room to build a tiered viewing terrace along the side of the lagoon, and it would be near the park main entrance for exiting procedures. It would require a bit of reworking paths and such, but there's your World of Color location at DHS!

But then, that would kill Fantasmic! probably. :veryconfu

Still, I think that's about the only option for getting something as massive and huge as World of Color and a dedicated viewing area into the DHS park infrastructure. Use that lagoon near the entrance!

_Scar

Read my paragraph above. I would REALLY not want a direct clone and would not even want it to replace F!. Upgrades to F!, maybe change out a few scenes and put in a WoC style show in AK, revolved around the theme of AK would really be the best way to go with this imo.

So much gets cloned from park to park and tbh, this is going to be what DCA is going to be known for. This is DCA's pride and joy right now and the first steps in reviving that park. Why copy something that is already HUGELY associated with another park? I think just use the system and create a new show revolved around AK theme would be nice.

This show is so whimsical and 'magical' that I really don't think it would fit with Animal Kingdom's rugged theme.

And I'd watch out for WDS in Paris. Rumor has it that they have their eyes on the show.

And, like many I know, people don't get to go to all the theme parks around the world. If you can easily swap it with other parks then why not?

Aurora's#1Fan

Wait a minute, why couldn't they use the actual lagoon/canal that is just south of the DHS Fantasmic! stadium for a World of Color clone?!?

It's a plenty big enough body of water, and there would be room to build a tiered viewing terrace along the side of the lagoon, and it would be near the park main entrance for exiting procedures. It would require a bit of reworking paths and such, but there's your World of Color location at DHS!

Still, I think that's about the only option for getting something as massive and huge as World of Color and a dedicated viewing area into the DHS park infrastructure. Use that lagoon near the entrance!

Well for one those are used by boats, two, the parking lot is right there and by having it by the parking lot anyone can pay however much parking cost down at WDW and watch the show for free.. which is something Disney does not do. And finally, even if you wanted to put the show there.. you would first have to demolish the F! set, extend the body of water into where F! Plays, Drain it, make the bottom of the lake concrete,
move the stadium, install everything, and you are probably looking at something around 130 million. Almost double what WOC costs.
This show is so whimsical and 'magical' that I really don't think it would fit with Animal Kingdom's rugged theme.

And I'd watch out for WDS in Paris. Rumor has it that they have their eyes on the show.

And, like many I know, people don't get to go to all the theme parks around the world. If you can easily swap it with other parks then why not?

Having it at an international park is different as you dont here from many people going to HKDL and DLP.

Kamikaze

I dunno, I watched the WoC webcast last night, and as much as I love Fantasmic, I'll be the first one to offer to drive whatever equipment is needed to tear down F! to build the WoC setup.

WoC is basically F! on steroids, without the live performers. I can definitely see this happening, because IMO the main reason F! isn't shown every night is because they need so many performers. Eliminate that need, and you'd have a show every night at DHS again.

RSoxNo1

WoC is basically F! on steroids, without the live performers. I can definitely see this happening, because IMO the main reason F! isn't shown every night is because they need so many performers. Eliminate that need, and you'd have a show every night at DHS again.

God I hate that term... "such and such ON STEROIDS!!" So aggrevating.

I also watched World of Color on the webcast last night, and while it appeared to be visually stunning, I would say that they still may need to tweek it a bit.

I know Iger made some cuts, and other things (the paper animation) was cut because of how it looked, but was the original intention to be a "Best of Disney animation+Pirates?" That's how it came off to me. Based solely on the Webcast, I'm not sure the show is as good as Illuminations. I'd love to see it in person for a true opinion, but that was my first impression.

imagineer boy

I think maybe it could work in AK if it was themed just to the "Firebird" segment from Fantasia 2000, thus fitting the theme perfectly with the cycle of nature feel to it.

Disneydad08

It was a travesty when the Mainstreet Electrical Parade left Right!!!! Change happens. Spectro isnt that bad and miles better than Fantasmic! IMO it cant happen fast enough!!!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'd much prefer if we got the DLR Fantasmic upgrades instead of gutting the whole show. Heck, I'd be happy if they just gave us Murphy the Dragon and nothing else.

_Scar

Having it at an international park is different as you dont here from many people going to HKDL and DLP.

How many of your friends go to both WDW and DL?

All of my family and friends think nothing of Disneyland, which summarizes why I think cloning is sometimes a great way to spread out attractions :lol:

SeaCastle

It would be very, very difficult and expensive to put WoC on that lake. Outside of boat traffic disruption with the show, the lake does not have a concrete bottom like Paradise Bay does. I don't believe draining the lake would be possible unless they build some sort of cofferdam, as the Studios lake is connected to World Showcase Lagoon.

Testtrack321

It would be very, very difficult and expensive to put WoC on that lake. Outside of boat traffic disruption with the show, the lake does not have a concrete bottom like Paradise Bay does. I don't believe draining the lake would be possible unless they build some sort of cofferdam, as the Studios lake is connected to World Showcase Lagoon.

What he said. The engineering to put it in any body of water at WDW would be crazy.

Plus think about it guys, WoC just doesn't *fit* as a show you'd watch in a theater like Fantasmic. It'd be like if Illuminations was a stadium seating show, it wouldn't make sense. Just watch the videos online and imagine waiting like you wait for Fantasmic for that show.

WoC isn't Fantasmic or Illuminations, it's WoC. As Steve Davison has said in interviews it's quite easy and cheap to add new segments, tweak, and change the show. Special holiday segments can be added or whole new shows. I imagine once this summer is done and Steve's done working on his new shows and parades he'll come back to WoC, correct what doesn't work, and mess around. They ran out of time, and I think with a little bit of tweaking, new segments, and some changes this can be the A+++ show with that overarching story of "a world of color" that it was originally supposed to have (but didn't work as originally designed.)

Next Big Thing

Why not? Because the show is so technologically advanced that it should be pretty easy to create a new show using that technology for anything that they want. Why clone something that has it's name attatched to DCA when they could create a brand new show using the same technology?

_Scar

Why not? Because the show is so technologically advanced that it should be pretty easy to create a new show using that technology for anything that they want. Why clone something that has it's name attatched to DCA when they could create a brand new show using the same technology?

Then create a brand new show. Like Steve D said, the show is like Fantasmic (well, at least Disneyland's). It will evolve over time.

2 World of Colors would probably be like the 2 Fantasmics. Similar but very different.

prbiker15

I like Fantasmic. Seen it 3 times and it's a great way to end the night. But instead of tearing it down, at least give it a upgrade. I thought Summer Nightastic would include at least something about F! but I guess not. WoC looks like a great show, by the way.

Aurora's#1Fan

How many of your friends go to both WDW and DL?

All of my family and friends think nothing of Disneyland, which summarizes why I think cloning is sometimes a great way to spread out attractions :lol:
This has to be one of most poor excuses I have ever heard :ROFLOL:

Come to SoCal and see how many people talk about going to WDW. So if they think nothing of going to WDW where is our Animal Kingdom, our safari tour, our illuminations, shall I keep going?

I mean come on.... all your ideas are just cloning something to WDW. In fact, that is pretty much all it is. If you keep cloning shows, attractions, promotions, etc to WDW what is the point of going to the other park. :brick:

If you want WOC so badly then you can fly over here and come and see it.

You can keep dreaming but I am pretty sure WDW never will get WOC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom