News Lasseter taking leave of absence

Tom P.

He is still getting a relatively graceful exit. I wonder how much they are paying him to not compete?
Unless he goes and starts another company of his own, I can't imagine that there's any concern about a non-compete agreement in this case. No other company is going to hire him. Regardless of whether or not the accusations against him are true, and regardless of how graceful his exit was, the media would be all over that company, reporting story after story of how this new company has hired someone who was forced out of Disney for sexually harassing women. It would be a PR disaster.

ppete1975

I think they wanted him to step down and not "fire" him. Basically like your boss saying you can quit or we will fire you. Him resigning is less drama for disney. Im sure lawyers were involved for his buy out and other legal stuff (prob not saying anything against disney among other things). All things us regular people dont run into. Those things take time. One to get the money/perks decided on and two the lawyers to approve.

flynnibus

Premium Member
People will line up to have his brain on their projects. Maybe he won't have a standing position, but I totally expect him to have producer credits in the future. He's just too big not to.

The guy is a blemished fruit... not rotting flesh. He'll take time to let all things settle... then he'll work on projects he wants.

Mel Gibson anyone??

Indy_UK

Wouldn’t surprise me if I’m a couple of years he works with universal dreamworks in an advisory role or distributes his new stuff though them

britain

I think having a decision like this finally made is better than leaving him in limbo. As sad as it might be for him to not have his job anymore, this is the beginning of a healing process. Those who were wronged by his behavior can say that a consequence, a permanent consequence, has been finally dealt to him. But this also means that he need not be dealt any more punishments.

In a few years time, I would not be surprised if he shows up at events again. But now he would be in the role of a former Disney employee, like Baxter or Gurr. Everyone would know why he’s no longer an employee, but it won’t be the central issue of all things John Lasseter.

Honestly, if he had to choose between keeping his job but being resented by everyone, or losing his job and sooner or later getting to show his face again at fan events, the parks, etc. I’m not surprised it went this way.

smile

Multiple news outlets are reporting that Disney has said Lasseter will officially leave the company at the end of the year. He will have a consulting role with the company through December 31st, but will not have an office at the company.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/pixar-co-founder-john-lasseter-to-leave-disney-after-missteps.html
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-lasseter-exit-disney-at-end-year-1069547

best outcome for all parties*

*all definitions inferred
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom