Largest attendance @ DHS in 5 years

TrainsOfDisney

It’s truly magical. And I still find the Under the Sea puppets and Ursula animatronic impressive. The second half of the show is too compressed, but that’s been a problem from the outset rather than a sign of its age.

Not to mention.... Disney used to put together shows like this for the theme parks, now we get 1 cars AA and a whole bunch of video screens and we’re supposed to be impressed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not to mention.... Disney used to put together shows like this for the theme parks, now we get 1 cars AA and a whole bunch of video screens and we’re supposed to be impressed.

The non-screen, all-practical Ariel ride is universally panned.

It's not about whether or not there are screens or AAs, it's about doing them well.

TrainsOfDisney

The non-screen, all-practical Ariel ride is universally panned.

It's not about whether or not there are screens or AAs, it's about doing them well.

I mean there’s a screen with video content in voyage.... I was saying the cars show is just 1 AA and screens vs. all that voyage offers.

I don’t think we disagree. The mermaid dark ride is a whole different discussion. It suffers from an identity crisis more than anything

Disney Analyst

I mean there’s a screen with video content in voyage.... I was saying the cars show is just 1 AA and screens vs. all that voyage offers.

I don’t think we disagree. The mermaid dark ride is a whole different discussion. It suffers from an identity crisis more than anything

it suffers from copying the movie just a tad too much, and leaving out the most epic/climactic part.

But the ride itself is good quality.

LittleBuford

I can't stand the static fish; they really cheapen the whole thing for me. And King Triton looks utterly freakish at the end—his hands are humongous! I much prefer the show at Hollywood Studios.

ETA: And I just deleted my reply to MisterPenguin, who I mistakenly thought was talking about the show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
it suffers from copying the movie just a tad too much, and leaving out the most epic/climactic part.

I can't stand the static fish; they really cheapen the whole thing for me. And King Triton looks utterly freakish at the end—his hands are humongous! I much prefer the show at Hollywood Studios.

ETA: And I just deleted my reply to MisterPenguin, who I mistakenly thought was talking about the show.

Yeah, the plastic fish glued to the walls, the 1970's level technology of projections, the plastic fish on a stick swiveling back and forth are just the beginning of the many issues of this ride (not to mention the speed bump Sebastian game placed too high for kids to play in the queue). It is an astounding failure compared to what we all know Imagineering could have done.

#notaDuster

Tonto

Stop the madness. The Cars show is a good quick show on that side of the park. Its an enjoyable experience that uses amazing tech.
I think its a pretty cool unique experience.

TrainsOfDisney

Stop the madness. The Cars show is a good quick show on that side of the park. Its an enjoyable experience that uses amazing tech.
I think its a pretty cool unique experience.

At the risk of continuing the “madness” -I mean it’s fine. I just think voyage of the little mermaid is a better done “quick show” in a similar size theatre.

Tonto

At the risk of continuing the “madness” -I mean it’s fine. I just think voyage of the little mermaid is a better done “quick show” in a similar size theatre.
I get it. I think both shows are great. I do think that Cars at Hollywood studio is more of an attraction and less of a show, especially since it is completely dependent on technology vs. a show type of attraction dependent on actors. With that being said different strokes for different folks.

Epcot_Imagineer

Yeah, the plastic fish glued to the walls, the 1970's level technology of projections, the plastic fish on a stick swiveling back and forth are just the beginning of the many issues of this ride (not to mention the speed bump Sebastian game placed too high for kids to play in the queue). It is an astounding failure compared to what we all know Imagineering could have done.
I've got to be completely honest I have ridden it recently only for the sole purpose of walking through the queue which I'm quite fond of. That and the Ursula AA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom