Largest attendance @ DHS in 5 years

BoarderPhreak

None of that matters. The crowds I saw all over property this past weekend were imaginary, at least to the doom and gloomers. SWGE, is a success and the numbers will prove it but some people will continue to deny it. There was a 40 minute wait for the People Mover on Monday afternoon, the theaters on the CoP were full and so were all the other rides. Monday night was a zoo at Disney Springs. So was Saturday at AK and as you said, Sunday at DHS. I will leave Friday's crowds at MK out of it because I had tickets for the Christmas Party.
Yeah, property wide, the place is packed. There was a lull yesterday at Epcot, likely because of F&W ending. The place is a mess with all the construction. MK and AK are a zoo as well. Business is booming.

As for SWGE, I stand by my original statement; it's a shopping mall with a smattering of eats and shops. It's beautifully done, no doubt. But aside from MFSR, there's really nothing to DO there (short of spending $150-200 for the droids/sabers). RotR will obviously change that, being THE killer ride for SWGE. Oga's is very cool, but too small. You're packed into niches with tables with strangers. That said, it does provide a packed, interstellar bar experience (and the music is sweet). The Fuzzy Tauntauns are a unique experience that everyone should really try. But you'll be paying for it... $16/each. Insider tip - you can get the drinks to GO! w00t.

deeevo

Good economy, heavily discounted rooms, cheap airfare, traditionally busy holiday week, and new stuff in a park that has basically been a half day park for the past 5 years.
Also more AP's than ever. AP's magnets liter the roads here in Manatee County same with Pinellas. I don't put the magnet on my vehicle because I value the paint.

ImperfectPixie

Also more AP's than ever. AP's magnets liter the roads here in Manatee County same with Pinellas. I don't put the magnet on my vehicle because I value the paint.
Just an FYI...as long as you remove a car magnet and clean both the back of the magnet and the spot where you stick it on your car on a regular basis, it won't damage your paint. If there's a clear-coat (most newer cars have them), sun fading shouldn't even be an issue.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Just an FYI...as long as you remove a car magnet and clean both the back of the magnet and the spot where you stick it on your car on a regular basis, it won't damage your paint. If there's a clear-coat (most newer cars have them), sun fading shouldn't even be an issue.
He's probably talking about the scratches the magnet stealers leave when they pry up the magnet with their fingernails.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

In 5 years? I doubt that’s the headline they were looking for. “Hey we haven’t seen these types of crowds since we closed down our Christmas light display and ended the backlot tours!”

That begs an interesting question..... how much would it have cost to add an incredible Star Wars scene to both backlot tour and great movie ride?

deeevo

Ewww... scary..

TrainsOfDisney

$5 billion.

Each.

;)

It sure makes sense to me... keep the tram tour and add a Star Wars scene sfx show.

Replace wizard of oz with Star Wars for
Great Movie Ride finale finally put in the
Full Fantasia scene. (And other general sprucing up).

And you’d still have the backlot for Osborn lights, lights motors and the extra theatre they tore down. And you’d still have the expansion option by Star Tours.

That would have been like.... a quarter of galaxies edge budget? And would have probably brought in as many people. I mean sure we wouldn’t have those pretty rocks to look at.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom