Largest attendance @ DHS in 5 years

Epcot82Guy

I'm glad to see crowds return so the SWGE results aren't taken in the wrong way by management (haha... I know).

But, I think there's a big difference between SWGE being a success (I think it is) vs. being the success they were touting coupled with the price difference they are now trying to command (whole different story). I think SWGE is in line with what they need to do WITHOUT the crazy price hikes. Yes, I know people are still coming, but I've never heard friends talk about delaying and spreading out trips like they are now. Disney is quickly becoming an every few years thing for people who would otherwise have been annual attendees. But, as with everyone, that's personal data points.

eliza61nyc

Also more AP's than ever. AP's magnets liter the roads here in Manatee County same with Pinellas. I don't put the magnet on my vehicle because I value the paint.
wow, wait, wasn't there a poll recently saying people were not renewing or purchasing AP's??

eliza61nyc

I'm glad to see crowds return so the SWGE results aren't taken in the wrong way by management (haha... I know).

But, I think there's a big difference between SWGE being a success (I think it is) vs. being the success they were touting coupled with the price difference they are now trying to command (whole different story). I think SWGE is in line with what they need to do WITHOUT the crazy price hikes. Yes, I know people are still coming, but I've never heard friends talk about delaying and spreading out trips like they are now. Disney is quickly becoming an every few years thing for people who would otherwise have been annual attendees. But, as with everyone, that's personal data points.
I really think things are cyclical. I remember when I was a kid, people did not go to WDW two times a year or even annually. Even now it's a small %. How many times do people post about friends and relatives saying "you're going to disney again". I often wonder how much is really a decrease in quality and how much comes from simply burnout??

Brad Bishop

I blame who tells them they to give us subpar experiences. Look at the static scenes cut from Slinky. They actually designed us a decent TSL and it was butchered.

Imagine coming up with say, a fantastic journey of water walk through. Now they have to add Moana. It waters down the original intent. The imagineers should be better allowed to do their job.

That said, there's many imagineers who do miss the mark. And I don't think the depth they used to give us is there, if that makes sense. The package is pretty but the inside is ... well ... "good enough"

The real problem with this stuff is you end up with new attractions that'll be around for decades that are "half-baked". I'm thinking 7DMT here.

deeevo

wow, wait, wasn't there a poll recently saying people were not renewing or purchasing AP's??
You mean a poll on this message board that 99.8% of the AP holders in Florida don't visit? Also they really don't care if the parks have more IP integration, if Mickey bars went up a quarter and the Monorails are dirty. Most of them really don't care about the stuff we care about. They do care if that monthly bill keeps going up every year though.

JustAFan

Have you seen the pictures recently? Ghost town no more.
This may not be the best example, but it does show some crowd. I didn't want to add other pics that showed people's faces more clearly. I agree though... definitely not a ghost town.
20191124_090531.jpg

novanoto

This may not be the best example, but it does show some crowd. I didn't want to add other pics that showed people's faces more clearly. I agree though... definitely not a ghost town.
View attachment 430477
I took pretty much the same exact pic on that same day, and I agree...nowhere near a ghost town. My wife and I actually said to each other it was the most crowded we'd ever seen DHS; even more so than Christmas/NYE weeks in years past.

MK on the 25th was also insanely crowded and busy, but not to where I felt like I couldn't get through thoroughfares, etc.

JustAFan

I took pretty much the same exact pic on that same day, and I agree...nowhere near a ghost town. My wife and I actually said to each other it was the most crowded we'd ever seen DHS; even more so than Christmas/NYE weeks in years past.

MK on the 25th was also insanely crowded and busy, but not to where I felt like I couldn't get through thoroughfares, etc.
Sorry if I bumped into you! :D :D

PB Watermelon

I'm in a different boat...with my beloved EPCOT receiving so much construction, that makes it really hard to justify a trip to Florida to see the most lovely theme park in the world marred by a bunch of construction zones and walls. Had to happen eventually -- evolve or die -- that doesn't mean I want to see the Experimental Prototype Construction-Zone of Tomorrow.

Epcot82Guy

I'm in a different boat...with my beloved EPCOT receiving so much construction, that makes it really hard to justify a trip to Florida to see the most lovely theme park in the world marred by a bunch of construction zones and walls. Had to happen eventually -- evolve or die -- that doesn't mean I want to see the Experimental Prototype Construction-Zone of Tomorrow.

That's a whole other story. Having seen it, and not being a fan of how they are implementing the changes, stay away. Stay far away.

I'm very glad to see Rise look like it will be a great success. I just wish they would retool the Epcot focus. Invest but not how they are doing in. Keep Epcot Weird, I guess!

Kman101

Because why be ambitious?

How about update GMR, build MMRR in Animation Courtyard, keep existing rides, and build SWGE over Indy and into the parking lot (while building parking garage) with two rides and a stunt show.

Disney didn’t buy Star Wars to add a scene to the BLT. Same with Marvel.

👏

This (plus that leaves the backlot area for replacement, or plussing).

Thank you.

Why don't folks get this?

Kman101

The ghost town thing is puzzling. Sure I've experienced it super crowded, light and in between but I haven't really seen a ghost town. Unless they only walked out of the tunnel, looked around and thought that was it.

Yeah, it's not a ghost town in the slightest. I would be curious at actual numbers, but we'd probably never get them. Couldn't they use magic bands to track who's in what land/attraction and when? I guess it wouldn't be accurate of course.

I do think with Rise now open it will drastically increase the crowds at Disneyland's version. DHS was always going to be busier because they desperately need more to do. I do see how really uninformed guests could miss it (at least at Disneyland) but that's also probably the type of guest who sadly asks where Harry Potter is in Hollywood Studios. Friends of mine who don't give a hoot about Disney know this land was being built.

Of course a well timed/framed picture can tell many different stories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom