Large Police Presence

fillerup

Original Poster
No idea what's going on - I don't see anything in the local media.

Heading to Epcot around 5:30pm today, we saw five marked (three with lights flashing) and one unmarked Sheriff's vehicles and one WDW Security vehicle. Didn't see any civilian cars.

They were parked on the westbound side of World Drive between 192 and Osceola Parkway. Numerous deputies hiking into the woods.

Just drove by again at 9:15 and there were three marked still there, lights flashing, one unmarked with his lights shining into the woods.

Not much, but it's all I've got.

fillerup

Original Poster
It is Independance Day Weekend. So maybe its extra patrols ??

I wasn't clear. These weren't patrols. They were all Sheriff's vehicles, not sure whether Osceola or Orange stopped on the side of World Drive.

Maybe something, maybe not. but they were there for four hours tonight.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Justin Honeycutt, 30, was about 90 feet up and wearing a harness when he fell, according to Battalion Chief Mark Smothers with Orange County Fire Rescue.

The man fell about 6 feet before being caught by the harness, Smothers said.

• How dies a 30 YO die from a six foot fall?

• Something isn't right with that whole story.

I also highly doubt that this accident has any connection to the Sheriff's search on Disney property.

Clamman73

The police got reports of a little purple dinosaur in the area...Figment just couldn't take it anymore...who could blame him...:brick:

Krack

A rumor leaked out of TDO that they were re-opening Pleasure Island and immediately the scene began to resemble a Mad Max movie - with drunken demolition derby crashes and roving gangs of teenage marauders. It was horrifying; the police were quickly called in to quell the riot. Luckily, Disney (working in conjunction with the Orlando Mayor's office and Florida Governor's PR team) was able to buy off all of the news outlets in the area so this will never be made public. Don't believe me? Try to search for it on Google ... you won't find a single mention.

The Mom

Premium Member

• How dies a 30 YO die from a six foot fall?

• Something isn't right with that whole story.

I also highly doubt that this accident has any connection to the Sheriff's search on Disney property.

He was up 90 feet - the harness stopped him after 6 feet. He may have hit the side of the attraction, or his neck may have snapped during the quick stop. Something may have happened prior to the fall, which is what actually killed him.

EpcotFanForever

Ohhhhh - I thought the headline meant this....

TZNxs.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom