Lame excuse for nightlife?

NMBC1993

Wow, glad to see that Disney is playing it so smart with this call. If they want to get adults to get involved then they should just re-open the clubs...something that was already geared towards adults. But that would involve them admitting they were wrong. Something that Disney never does:rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

Wow, glad to see that Disney is playing it so smart with this call. If they want to get adults to get involved then they should just re-open the clubs...something that was already geared towards adults. But that would involve them admitting they were wrong. Something that Disney never does:rolleyes:

If they really wanted to reopen them, they could find a way to spin it. I have full faith in Disney. Luckily for them, they (or maybe just the actors) sort of set-up a window/possibility for the Adventurers Club to come back after their 1 year cruise to "god knows where with a monkey butler."

NMBC1993

If they really wanted to reopen them, they could find a way to spin it. I have full faith in Disney. Luckily for them, they (or maybe just the actors) sort of set-up a window/possibility for the Adventurers Club to come back after their 1 year cruise to "god knows where with a monkey butler."

lol the thing is IF they wanted to. I think that for them it's all about getting the companies in there to pay the bill so they don't have to anymore. That's why they have "Temp PI" set up till that time comes. But I agree with you that they could spin it and make a big thing out of it if they wanted to. Which I would love!

Scooter

I'm not sure if you're half kidding there Scooter, but not everyone's goal when going to PI back in the day was to "get hammered". I went with friends and family, and we went there to dance, enjoy comedy at the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse and have an experience that wasn't themed towards parents with little kiddies.

Unfortunately my friends/kin and I have little interest in the other clubs and nightspots left at WDW. We've ended up elsewhere in town (restaurants, movies, comedy venues, etc). It's a shame PI was left to rot (for lack of a better word), and that very non-unique venues may be taking its place in the future.

First, Id like to say thanks for picking up on my sarcasm. I know not all people went to PI to get "Hammered" I also know that a lot of people DID.

I'm wondering how you are so sure that when new venues go up in the PI area, they will all be very "non Unique"?

I remember when news of Raglan Road's opening hit the news, a lot of people were complaining and insisting that "We don't NEED any more eating places in Downtown Disney!!!" but judging from it's popularity, it seems like a nice addition.

Let's wait and see what happens before we judge and/or complain about whats in store for Downtown Disney's future.

As for those who insist that Disney needs adults only venues, I believe there are several places on property that have been mentioned in previous posts that don't allow kids. Someone mentioned that Atlantic Dance was adults only but dead all the time. Well perhaps we should invite our adult friends to come there and then it would'nt be so dead.

Not to sound mean, but it seems to me that a lot of people are just hanging around PI wishing it would re-open. If I go to a Cubs game and arrive at the front gate and find out the game has been rained out, I don't stand there in the rain for days wishing it was open, I spend the day somewhere else having fun.

Pleasure Island is closed ie Rained Out. Now lets go find somewhere else to play!:sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
If I go to a Cubs game and arrive at the front gate and find out the game has been rained out, I don't stand there in the rain for days wishing it was open, I spend the day somewhere else having fun.

Pleasure Island is closed ie Rained Out. Now lets go find somewhere else to play!:sohappy:
Not really the same.
If you showed up for a Cubs game, and were told that "Sorry, the Cubs are no longer playing, why not try the White Sox? That's baseball, too!"
You would probably respond with "Hey, I want my Cubs! Sure, it's all baseball, but I only liked the Cubs."

More like that...kinda...

NMBC1993

First, Id like to say thanks for picking up on my sarcasm. I know not all people went to PI to get "Hammered" I also know that a lot of people DID.

I'm wondering how you are so sure that when new venues go up in the PI area, they will all be very "non Unique"?

I remember when news of Raglan Road's opening hit the news, a lot of people were complaining and insisting that "We don't NEED any more eating places in Downtown Disney!!!" but judging from it's popularity, it seems like a nice addition.

Let's wait and see what happens before we judge and/or complain about whats in store for Downtown Disney's future.

As for those who insist that Disney needs adults only venues, I believe there are several places on property that have been mentioned in previous posts that don't allow kids. Someone mentioned that Atlantic Dance was adults only but dead all the time. Well perhaps we should invite our adult friends to come there and then it would'nt be so dead.

Not to sound mean, but it seems to me that a lot of people are just hanging around PI wishing it would re-open. If I go to a Cubs game and arrive at the front gate and find out the game has been rained out, I don't stand there in the rain for days wishing it was open, I spend the day somewhere else having fun.

Ok great idea!......and the closest adult comedy show/entertainment area on Disney property is???? I think you’re missing the point. People on here are complaining mostly about the AC closing. Why? Because there is NOTHING out there like that. I myself could care less about the Atlantic Dance Club. I want to be entertained in an area with other adults while not having to worry about kids crying, strollers running me over, etc. To me it’s a little piece of Disney that is right up there with Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion as something that someone else could never re-create in a way that would be better. That’s why we stand outside and mourn the loss of a great place.

imagineer boy

Does anyone else think that they should've built the boardwalk next to DTD? I don't understand why they didn't, that would make a great side attraction for DTD visitors.

NiarrNDisney

I agree with you totally!
In my earlier post I mentioned my initial dislike of this "Celebrate Tonight"
shananagans, but I also mentioned that there are so many other options around the World that are geared to adult entertainment. While PI is down for "Refurb" we can always drive to City Walk or hang out around the Boardwalk or CSR for our adult nightlife needs. In so many other threads I have post my list of great night spots around the World and the happenings of each establisment. There is something availible for everyone, you just have to venture out to find it. PI is as you said Rained Out but it still has two little gems that can be fun, like anywhere else you have to bring the fun to have fun, you are apart of the atmosphere wherever you go so therefore you can add to it or take away from it.

Go to CityWalk at Universal...much more fun, and so much more to do...

Yes!! The Groove is the place for dancing. I stayed off property when visiting family earlier this year. Only had 1 night (citywalk) and one day (magic kingdom) to have fun.

If you are taking a cab it should be about $20-25

Ah, but I have gone to other venues (WDW, Uni, downtown Orlando). Raglan is alright, but not a restaurant I'd be heading to every weekend. I diversify the fun time quite a bit. My preference overall is still tied back to my favorite club (AC).

Ah well, we are allowed to reminisce about our favorite places, and wish they could come back, are we not? This seems to me like one of the few chances a place very well could come back though, given the amount of feedback Disney has gotten so far.

I'm not holding out a whole lot of hope on the new eateries and stores. If they're non-Disney, they'll exist elsewhere on this planet too, and that to me means not as unique the area could be.

Lee

Adventurer
In so many other threads I have post my list of great night spots around the World and the happenings of each establisment. There is something availible for everyone, you just have to venture out to find it.
Ummm...and the replacement for the Adv. Club is where?
Nowhere. Nothing in it's league, and nothing that is a comparable replacement. That, in a nutshell....is the whole point.

overdrive

Original Poster
Ah, but I have gone to other venues (WDW, Uni, downtown Orlando). Raglan is alright, but not a restaurant I'd be heading to every weekend. I diversify the fun time quite a bit. My preference overall is still tied back to my favorite club (AC).

Ah well, we are allowed to reminisce about our favorite places, and wish they could come back, are we not? This seems to me like one of the few chances a place very well could come back though, given the amount of feedback Disney has gotten so far.

I'm not holding out a whole lot of hope on the new eateries and stores. If they're non-Disney, they'll exist elsewhere on this planet too, and that to me means not as unique the area could be.

Good point, if its non disney its just an over priced restaurant or club. Mcdonalds at DTD is a great example, who wants to pay for an overpriced burger when you can go off disney property and pay half the price. If your going to pay top dollar for a club or resteraunt it should be over the top like disney usually always does. They are so good at exceeding expectations but this Celebrate tonight falls short on so many fronts its not even funny.

hardcard

Looks like the reality is that disney is NOT going to be reopening any clubs.. This is obviously a 'cheap' alternative to that, and it is a 'gap filler' until the renovations at PI are done...

it'll probably just evolve into the 'new' PI one building at a time... As far as the adventurers club goes.. If they DON'T reopen it the building would be a poor-fit for much else.. It would be like retrofitting the pirates queue and building for a new ride.. or the mansion.. not exactly 'easy' or practical...

In other words, if the AC doesn't reopen (which they have said repeatedly it won't, nor any of the other clubs) then it is most likely destined to be demolished. it's s shame considering the building and it's theming, etc.. It really is a unique looking structure, even externally..

NiarrNDisney

Ummm...and the replacement for the Adv. Club is where?
Nowhere. Nothing in it's league, and nothing that is a comparable replacement. That, in a nutshell....is the whole point.

There isn't a replacement for the Adv. Club, it is unfortunate that it closed. I like so many others am crossing my fingers hoping it will open back up.
That being said the thread isn't about AC it's about PI as a whole and how the Mouse thinks their plan of placing Celebrate Tonight as a replacement is "Lame".
So I get the point.

goodolgm

OK....here's my two cents, as a huge supporter and optimist for PI reopening in some capacity....

I was in denial about PI's closure for a while, and lately have finally accepted the fact it's done.

Then, I checked out the new dance party/celebration thing tonight in front of the former Comedy Warehouse.

After tonight, I have a gut feeling -- premonition, if you will, that PI is being jumpstarted very slowly.

I had a couple drinks, and saw a very popular entertainment offering tonight...and felt very positive about it.

I can only think if this remains a crowd-keeper, and causes as much of a foot-traffic nightmare as it did tonight, then management will have no other choice than to open a club or two to absorb the bodies to keep the traffic flowing through the former PI...

Even in denial, I figured PI was six-feet under...until tonight for some reason. Here's hoping I'm right, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Lee

Adventurer
That being said the thread isn't about AC it's about PI as a whole and how the Mouse thinks their plan of placing Celebrate Tonight as a replacement is "Lame".
So I get the point.
The point is AC.
(The point is always AC...in case anyone wondered...:cool:)
Replacements for all the other clubs can be found elsewhere, such as Boardwalk or City Walk. I was countering your statement about there being something out there for everyone. To the contrary...I've found nothing out there for me.

goodolgm said:
Even in denial, I figured PI was six-feet under...until tonight for some reason.
Nice...

Attachments

• hand-grave.jpg
    hand-grave.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 39

hrcollectibles

I agree with you.. I notice a lot of people judge things before they are even built or in the process of being built or even had the opportunity to experience it.. I think you'd have more entertainment standing there in the rain then watching the Cubs (lol). The only places I know on Property that are club/Adult only Is Dance hall and I think one of the Hotels ( I think Coronado Springs?) has a club. The Boardwalk also has The Piano bar. Also there is a Place calld Howl at the Moon on i Drive that is a very fun Dueling Piano Bar

NiarrNDisney

The point is AC.
(The point is always AC...in case anyone wondered...:cool:)
Replacements for all the other clubs can be found elsewhere, such as Boardwalk or City Walk. I was countering your statement about there being something out there for everyone. To the contrary...I've found nothing out there for me.

I apologize for the confusion and my misstep I didn't realize that AC is the only point. Allow me to re-phrase my statement, Everyone except You, May find something around the World to quench their adult nightlife needs.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom