Ladies - Do you wear skirts/dresses at WDW?

Britt

(I suppose this can go for men too! haha ;))

When you wear a dress or skirt, do you wear any kind of shorts under them? Do you have any issues on rides? I love skirts...but they usually come just about to my knee's, maybe a bit higher. Im kind of worried what a ride might do to them....lol But they seem so much cooler then the alternative!! haha

So, do you wear them? Do you wear shorts under them?

laxchik18

never worna dress to disney. i pull out all my sports/exercise wear, running shirts, basketball shorts, soffes..its so much easier to run from ride to ride in them and their shorter than skirts so theyre cooler,...but maybe this is just bc of my age(im 15) so i dont really ever wear skirts normally.haha!:)

Upvote 0
I always wear dresses and skirts, but dresses are more comfortable. The only ride getting out of with difficulty is space mountain because you're straddling. I haven't worn a maxi dress yet, but dresses are very good for the weather. I wear shorts underneath depending on where I'm going, if I feel the dress needs to be smoother or if it's too short.

Upvote 0

RubyLee

I use the work rule for Disney- & my dresses at or right above the knee. :)

I used to wear some of my shorter dresses (used for the blazing hot summers in the South) but spent too much time at the parks messing with my hemline!

Upvote 0

kimbermouse

(I suppose this can go for men too! haha ;))

When you wear a dress or skirt, do you wear any kind of shorts under them? Do you have any issues on rides? I love skirts...but they usually come just about to my knee's, maybe a bit higher. Im kind of worried what a ride might do to them....lol But they seem so much cooler then the alternative!! haha

So, do you wear them? Do you wear shorts under them?
I actually did see a man in a khaki kilt a couple of years ago at HS. We still laugh about it!

Upvote 0

Aurora1

I love wearing sundresses to the parks! The only rides I've had issues with before are Space Mountain (awkward to sit down), Kali River (get too wet and dress sticks) and the Carousel can be a challenge!

Upvote 0

Figment1989

I'm hoping to wear some this trip!

After being inspired by @WDWFigment 's wife and @cw1982 's trip report, I ordered these:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1670700/apt-9-crochet-fit-flare-dress-womens.jsp?color=Sugar Coral
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-18...t-fit-flare-dress-womens.jsp?isClearance=true
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-17...Apt.+9+Mixed-Media+Fit++Flare+Dress+-+Women's

I don't think I'm going to wear shorts because the skirts seem long enough and...
I've made an investment in this to hopefully prevent a different problem... http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Ori...TF8&qid=1403046640&sr=8-1&keywords=body+glide

Upvote 0

cw1982

Cute! :)

The issue in the second part of your post wasn't a problem for me, but I had a travel sized bottle of baby powder in my sling bag just in case ;)

Upvote 0

belledream

Love wearing dresses at the parks! Makes pictures even prettier and I feel so much more...free ;) I really dislike jeans/jean shorts, so I wear soffees, which aren't very comfortable either now that I think about it...but they match my tops better.:p

Upvote 0

KLeigh

I love wearing dresses and skirts to the parks! So much more comfortable in the warmer weather.

I always wear a pair of Nike Pro Shorts (very fitted) underneath - makes getting on and off rides less of a hassle. They have a very short inseam, they're moisture wicking so I stay cool on hot days, and no one will know you have them on unless a very strong gust of wind comes your way!

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Skirts and dresses here as well. I am also a mom to many kids and knees lenght works best when bending down to deal with children and getting items from under the stroller etc. Space Mt I held my bag for extra view blocking. I get skeeved out by the backs of my legs touching seats, rides, etc., and my shorts are shorter than my skirts/dresses. We swear by gold bond chafing stick.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom