Ladies - Do you wear skirts/dresses at WDW?

Britt

(I suppose this can go for men too! haha ;))

When you wear a dress or skirt, do you wear any kind of shorts under them? Do you have any issues on rides? I love skirts...but they usually come just about to my knee's, maybe a bit higher. Im kind of worried what a ride might do to them....lol But they seem so much cooler then the alternative!! haha

So, do you wear them? Do you wear shorts under them?

Tomi-Rocket

In the past I wore skorts with no problems. On our last trip I wore a sundress for the first time and it came to just below my knees. Now I know it sounds as though I can tell you how this was but on that day I had a flare up of the kidney stone I had and had to leave everyone in the middle of lunch to go back to the room to take the pain meds I was prescribed (thankfully I brought them) and then lay down to sleep off the affects. By the time my "crises" was averted we didn't have much time left before we had to head over to the Contemporary for our ADR at the California Grill, the main reason I wore the dress on that day. So, while I have worn a dress I still cannot tell you how it worked out. Maybe next year, lol. Sorry. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have replied at all....

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

I always wear sundresses. The length hits at or just above the knees. It is so much better than shorts--you're so much cooler. I don't wear shorts underneath and I do OK. I've never had a Marilyn Monroe moment and I've never struggled getting out of rides. If you are going to ride something you straddle *ahem*, like the Carrousel, then maybe consider bike shorts underneath. ;)

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I used to wear sundresses with little bike shorts underneath. Much cooler (temperature and fashionwise) than shorts - and I didn't need to worry about flashing my skivies getting on/off rides - it's a family park!! Haven't rocked a dress in a while but are planning on having them make a comeback this November!

Upvote 0

StupidJudy

I wear skirts/sundresses all the time and the only ride I've had trouble getting on and off of was space mountain
The one time I wore a dress we were at Magic Kingdom. After having to try to get of Space Mountain (3 different times!) without flashing the whole place I decided to never wear a dress to the park again, or at least put shorts under it!

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
The one time I wore a dress we were at Magic Kingdom. After having to try to get of Space Mountain (3 different times!) without flashing the whole place I decided to never wear a dress to the park again, or at least put shorts under it!
Alright, you convinced me...haha I plan on riding Space Mountain several times and have no intention of giving a free show! haha

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I sometimes wear jogging skirts/skorts in the parks, but those don't usually have any issues with length. I have worn a sundress here and there and haven't had any issues that I can recall. I think the key is having enough volume in the skirt that you can move around easily, but not too much that you risk getting it caught.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

if i do wear a skirt or dress, i wear shorts underneath for stuff. i wear dresses to nice dinners while at the world, and mini skirts once and a while to the parks. hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

yup...skirts and dresses almost every day. I realized on my last trip that I actually don't own any capris or shorts - other than the mini biking shorts I wear under my dresses.

Shorts underneath are a must for me since I don't want to worry about a breeze or any flashing mishaps getting on and off rides. I just jump in, straddle when I have to and if the dress gets hiked up - no worries.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

75.gif
I wear skirts/sundresses all the time and the only ride I've had trouble getting on and off of was space mountain

Same here.... ;)

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I wear dresses and skirts a lot down there (as you can see in my trip reports!) but I will not wear a dress to MK anymore. I wore a jean skirt last year and had HUGE issues with Space Mountain. Any other parks I was fine at, just not MK.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

(I suppose this can go for men too! haha ;))

When you wear a dress or skirt, do you wear any kind of shorts under them? Do you have any issues on rides? I love skirts...but they usually come just about to my knee's, maybe a bit higher. Im kind of worried what a ride might do to them....lol But they seem so much cooler then the alternative!! haha

So, do you wear them? Do you wear shorts under them?
I see lots of people saying they had no problem. It's because they don't see what others waiting see.
However, I would rather see panties than butt cheeks starring me in the face. I have literally seen women with shorts on that fit like a thong. Not a pleasant site. Surprisingly, it's not the young girls, it's the middle agers. I love to wear the thin cotton skorts. They are cool, but nice looking. I discovered them this year, as I usually wore capris or almost knee length shorts. The ones I bought don't even look like skorts. They look just like a shorter skirt. I hope they don't go back out of style. I love them.

Upvote 0

rani8600

I always wear dresses at disney...the only ride i have ever had an issue with was space mountain (i find that wearing leggings on MK days fixes that). Other than that there were no problems. Whenever you are wearing a skirt or a dress, at home or at disney you do have to be mindful of it and make sure you stand up and sit like a lady (knees together...lol). I never wear pants or shorts (like i dont own them), havent for almost 4 years now and still have to be mindful of the fact.

Upvote 0

plaz10

Space Mountain is the only ride where it's just a bit difficult it get in and out. Lol. During the day I usually wear shorts and tennis shoes - but at night or to a nice dinner - I'll bring a dress. Even if we do go to MK - Space Mountain won't be on our 'to do' list for the evening.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

I wore a dress last year when I went to MK and Epcot. Best decision. It's cooler and my comfortable (imo). Also after we got off Splash Mountain my dress dried a lot fasted then my sisters and dad's shorts.;) Never had a problem getting on or off rides. Both dress went just above my knee.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom