Lack of characters

Plutoboy

Original Poster
I went to the Magic Kingdom yesterday and I have to admit that I was shocked by the lack of characters out and about for meet and greets. On MS we had MM, MN, Goofy, Max and Chip 'n' Dale. Other that that we saw Wendell, Stitch, Alice, the Tweedles, and Jesse(not counting TT becasuse that's usually clones). Having been a "friend" of the characters as recent as 2005 I can remember having MS flooded with characters in the morning and again in the afternoon after the parade. Then you had more characters in the back lands. I guess Star Wars Weekends starting up is a factor of this and I can't honestly remember if the new bid has started so that too could be the culprit. Just wondering if it's me and I'm being selfish or if anyone else had experienced the same.

Tiki_Tiki_Tiki

last time i went we saw only tigger and that was it

there was not one other character around the parks.....we didnt go to the meet and greet but we only saw tigger and i think it was in like norway i want to say

WDWKat26

They have been relocating the characters for certain reasons which I can't really say on here. Did you check adventureland? Robin Hood and Aladdin Characters are there, and in Fantasyland they have Pinocchio, Faulfellow, Gideon and Jiminy Cricket.

WDWKat26

Well since you'll be an attendant, you'll definitely learn as to where all the characters are every day and where to find them :)

stankly182

It seems to me that the characters are out at the busiest times, perhaps as crowd control? Ex: The morning Animal Kingdom opened 2 weeks ago while I was there, EVERYONE was in this CRAZED mad dash for EE, and all of a sudden the characters popped up as everyone ran, and the crowds thinned just a bit. It also happened at Epcot for Soarin, where the most people had lined up ready to hit first thing after opening. Just an idea.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I find more random characters in the countries in Epcot than I do in Magic Kingdom.. I don't know why.. I sort of just stumble on Minnie, Mickey, Chip, and Dale at Epcot all the time.. especially Chip and Dale near the exit to the boardwalk area.

Where the heck is Donald at anyway? I never see him walking around at all!! I only see him at the end of Spectromagic lol.

Plutoboy

Original Poster
I looked all over and the characters that I listed were the only ones I saw. Genie was the only character in Adventureland. Like I mentioned it just seems very odd especially since the parks are heading into summer season and what I saw and what I am used to from having worked there as a character for 10 years

CThaddeus

I'm not one who goes looking for the characters, but I noticed them in extreme abundance when I was there a few weeks ago. In the Magic Kingdom, they were mainly just after the turnstiles and on Main Street, but I saw them throughout the Park as well. In EPCOT, the bulk of them were in World Showcase, but there were some in Future World, as well. In the Studios, many were congregated around that obnoxious hat, in the Animation Courtyard, and along Mickey Avenue. Unfortunately, the Power Rangers were also making appearances, too. And finally, at Animal Kingdom, you didn't even have to go through the turnstiles to see characters. At least five of them were lined up along the right side of the entrance area. When we got in, there were plenty of other characters around. In fact, I was actually thinking how unusual it was to see so many characters around and to see some of the ones that aren't as popular as say, Woody or Buzz...though I saw them, too. I was very impressed.

tharmscott

On our first trip to WDW in June 2000 we had to search for characters. Our next trip was late November/early December 2002 and then again same time of year in 2004 and there were characters everytime you turned a corner. I made a comment about that while in line to see Lilo & Stitch at MGM and the CM told us in the hotter weather the characters can only be out about 5 minutes or so at a time. Don't know if that has anything to do with it but it sounds logical to me.

WDWKat26

tharmscott said:
On our first trip to WDW in June 2000 we had to search for characters. Our next trip was late November/early December 2002 and then again same time of year in 2004 and there were characters everytime you turned a corner. I made a comment about that while in line to see Lilo & Stitch at MGM and the CM told us in the hotter weather the characters can only be out about 5 minutes or so at a time. Don't know if that has anything to do with it but it sounds logical to me.

During the summer, the characters are out for 20 minutes at a time.

Piebald

I didn't notice too much of a lack of characters when I went yesterday. I was only able to go to MGM,MK and Epcot and without seeking them out I was able to find a few (and some in obscure areas). At MK I saw Mickey,Minnie,Goofy,Max,Donald,Chip and Dale. Adventureland had Aladdin characters, Peter Pan characters, Friar Tuck, King Louie, Rafiki and Timon. In Frontierland I saw Brer Fox (the whole day it seemed since I went once in the morning and the evening), Woody, Jessie, Country bears. In Tomorrowland I saw Buzz and Chip and Dale.

Over at Epcot I was able to spot Mickey and the gang, along with the Pooh characters and Aladdin and Jasmine.

At MGM I saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Lilo and Stitch. While taking a break from the heat, I went into the Animation building to notice that the Chicken Little and Incredibles backdrops had been replaced with a Cars photo op backround. In the same room, it seemed as if they were rotating a bunch of random characters. I spotted Penguin, Daisy, Donald, Chip, Dale, Koda, Rabbit, Gideon and Mrs. Incredible. Maybe they did away with the backrounds since Cars is their new feature animation and of course it'd be tough to get the actual cars in there (who rather do meets out in Streets of America) so they will just be rotating a couple of random characters throughout the day? It wasn't crowded at all and very very nice in the air conditioned room. :)

walnutty01

today at mgm we saw daisy doing meets in front of that hat...along with chip, dale and their girlfriend. the attendant said her name, but i have forgotten..apparently they both have the same girlfriend but dont know the other has her....interesting. i had never seen her before.

DDuck1974

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Where the heck is Donald at anyway? I never see him walking around at all!! I only see him at the end of Spectromagic lol.

On my trip in September, we saw Donald to the right of the Mexico pavillion in his Three Caballeros garb, and we also saw him right inside the entrance at MGM. And of course at Donald's Breaksfastosauras at AK. Don't recall seeing him at MK.

joanna71985

walnutty01 said:
today at mgm we saw daisy doing meets in front of that hat...along with chip, dale and their girlfriend. the attendant said her name, but i have forgotten..apparently they both have the same girlfriend but dont know the other has her....interesting. i had never seen her before.

Daisy has been doing meets at the Hat at MGM, and also in the Pals room at Toontown. Oh, and Chip and Dale's girlfriend's name is Clarice.

imamouse

Perhpas the characters are spending less time outside, due to the hot weather, and more time at inside meet and greet locations (like the newish one at Epcot)?

CThaddeus

walnutty01 said:

Clarise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom