La Hacienda At Epcot.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning All..Now today's Disney food blog has a rather good review on this eating establishment..Ive never tried here,tho on this review,may have to give it a go,if not just for the Mango Blueberry Basil Margarita which the reviewer claimed was awesome.:hungry: So have any of you good people tried La Hacienda recently,and what was your find.?:happy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Overall I like the food, but it does fall on the pricey side for what it is. My biggest beef with the place is they will not even entertain the idea of an adult ordering from the kids menu and they no longer take TiWL. We will not be going back for those very reasons. It is a stretch to see value in it with a 20% discount. It is in no way worth full price.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have always been leery of the dining in Mexico. We ate at San Angel on our honeymoon and I didn't like it at all. So we just walk through, grabbing a margarita and waving at Donald. However, in September, we ate at the Cantina. And it was surprisingly good! So I have been entertaining the idea of the Hacienda. I am interested to see what others have to say.

Zman-ks

We ate there and really liked the food...my wife really liked the drinks but the service was really slow.
75.gif

Becky

We really like the food but I do agree that the service is not good. I was also disappointed that they don't take TiW.
Pricey Yoda? Well yes and no. We always order the La Hacienda. It is $50 BUT it is for two people and it is way to much food even for both of us. Where else can you get great food at dinner for $25 each? Service? We have had great service and not so great. It depends on the cast members English and your Spanish plus how recently they have come to the U.S. Chatting with the CM generally makes for better service. I will take La Hacienda without TiWL anyday over San Angel even with TiWL. AND I will take La Hacienda any day over La Cellier with the greatly over priced steak that you need a microscope to find. o_O

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pricey Yoda? Well yes and no. We always order the La Hacienda. It is $50 BUT it is for two people and it is way to much food even for both of us. Where else can you get great food at dinner for $25 each? Service? We have had great service and not so great. It depends on the cast members English and your Spanish plus how recently they have come to the U.S. Chatting with the CM generally makes for better service. I will take La Hacienda without TiWL anyday over San Angel even with TiWL. AND I will take La Hacienda any day over La Cellier with the greatly over priced steak that you need a microscope to find. o_O
It is pricey for Mexican/Latin food. I can get the equivalent of the La Hacienda at any number of off property resturants for $15. I could stomach it priced at $30-$40 because it is Disney, but $50 is far too much.

Where can you get food and dinner for under $25 each? How about 95% of the menu at Raglan Rd, Kona Cafe, Nine Dragons, and Rose and Crown just to name a few. All of those restaurants also accept TiWL which will knock of 20%.

reptar77

Totally agree :)

I really do like the food, we will be going back.
Queso Fundito
8859287341_e8e97612f9_c.jpg

Shrimp tacos
8859897708_4cdd7bb8b5_c.jpg

Chicken Al Pastor, OMG this was awesome !!!!!!!!
8859900676_bbb58275f1_c.jpg

Rice and beans
8859296079_94dbbfda05_c.jpg

Chocolate Mousse
8859305753_262f9c485f_c.jpg

Becky

It is pricey for Mexican/Latin food. I can get the equivalent of the La Hacienda at any number of off property resturants for $15. I could stomach it priced at $30-$40 because it is Disney, but $50 is far too much.

Where can you get food and dinner for under $25 each? How about 95% of the menu at Raglan Rd, Kona Cafe, Nine Dragons, and Rose and Crown just to name a few. All of those restaurants also accept TiWL which will knock of 20%.

Not to star a war Yoda BUT lets compare apples to apples. You compared "off property" Mexican restaurant prices. $50 for La Hacienda you say is too much. For one person yes, but it is for two making it $25 each. Have you looked at what you get for that? Have you eaten there?

MouseDreaming

We tried it for the first time this past June. The food was great, but apparently we missed the avocado margarita by a week or two, as they had just taken it off the menu. No complaints about the service, although if you are trying to get something when Illuminations starts, you are out of luck. All staff was staring out the restaurant windows to watch it. And honestly, the view of it is so stunning, I can't imagine wanting anything badly enough to not watch. It also made it easy for us to stand up and watch it, too, since we were not sitting by a window where you could watch it. Food pictures are in the TR!

So, to recap--time your ADR to see Illuminations, food yummy! Make sure you get your drink, and whatever else you might want before the show starts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not to star a war Yoda BUT lets compare apples to apples. You compared "off property" Mexican restaurant prices. $50 for La Hacienda you say is too much. For one person yes, but it is for two making it $25 each. Have you looked at what you get for that? Have you eaten there?
Yes, I have eaten there several times. Even had a nice conversation with Richard Debler on my first visit just a day or two after the place opened. I have ordered the La Hacienda twice and it is just not worth $50 even in Disney dollars. $40 I could swallow, but $50 just goes over the mark for what you get.

coachwnh

We love this place. We have ordered the Hacienda every time we have gone (at least 5 times) and have never been disappointed. Not using the TIW stinks, but its a favorite of ours so we will be back. Love the cheese queso appetizer (it has ground beef and its not runny like the tex-mex chains) and the taco app. Both are excellent! Look forward to our next visit

Untitled
by coachwnh, on Flickr

Mukta

I liked it, but I didn't love it.

I was there the week they stopped taking TiW. I made the reservation assuming they took it and when I got there, I found that they didn't. Sept 2012.

I waited a horribly long time for a table. I was quite irate.

The food was good and the drinks were lovely. With so many other choices around that do accept my TiW card, I am not likely to try it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom