KUNGALOOSH! I went to the Adventurer's Club and...

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
would it be crazy to just come down to orlando for the Adventurer's Club and then come back up the next day

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
My friend Mikey took the red-eye from LAX to MCO for 1 day of the AC and some pin-shopping. He didn't even get a hotel room... he just slept in his rental car.

Pippa

would it be crazy to just come down to orlando for the Adventurer's Club and then come back up the next day

My husband and I save up our cash all year for our annual pilrimage to the AC, the fact that there are amazing theme parks to play in during the day is a bonus. We have often thought of just popping over for a weekend but the 9 hour flight would finish me off!!

So no I don't think thats crazy

HOOPLA!!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
IMHO there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that but this is coming from a guy that drove nearly 4 hours 1 way from Tampa to see Attack of the Clones on IMAX, and 2-1/2 hours one way to WDW to ride the soft opening of PotC so my opinion might be a little skewed.

EthylCooper

IMHO there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that but this is coming from a guy that drove nearly 4 hours 1 way from Tampa to see Attack of the Clones on IMAX, and 2-1/2 hours one way to WDW to ride the soft opening of PotC so my opinion might be a little skewed.

I agree...not crazy. But I've driven 7 hours twice to see IMAX movies (Fantasia 2000 & BatB), so perhaps my opinion is just as warped. :lol:

slappy magoo

My story started cute, but wound up...unfortunate...

The day after I proposed to my wife (Epcot, Rose and Crown, just before Illuminations, swank!), we went to PI, and first went to Comedy Warehouse. We got "the phone seat," and they proceeded to call us, ask us about who we are, what we do, why we're there, so they could improv a song about us. Naturally, we told them we just got engaged, as well as other tidbits (she's a teacher, her bday was a week ago, etc).

After that show, we went to AC. Obviously, there is some degree of communication between the two clubs. OR, cast members of the AC, knowing many people will go from one club to the other, will drop in to CW to see who said or did something embarrassing, JUST IN CASE they wind up going to AC. Which is exactly what we did. So when we got to the main show, they knew alllll about us. Pointed us out, made comments (none of them awful, as you fans know, they're not exactly trying to make people cry).

Cute, right?

Disney magic, right?

Well, my wife, by nature, is shy. She doesn't like a lot of attention aside from actually teaching her classes. She was a pretty good sport in CW, kinda knew from past experiences that we were going to be the focus of attention by having "the phone seat", but the idea that she was walking into another club, figuring she's now anonymous, and people she didn't know knew so much about us, made her very uncomfortable. She admitted it wasn't rational, she knew they were just trying to makke a special night even more so, and it wasn't like they could steal her credit card info or anything, but it still just wigged her out.

We wound up going back the next night and had a much more relaxed and enjoyable time.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
And.... May I PLEASE wash your hat?:hurl:
douse it in bleach, run it in the wash, then let it dry. Once it dries, light up a propane grill, and light it. It's not worth wasting good charcoal over.

Proceed to remove the ashes, and place them in a Catholic Church. Then buy Mike a new hat and a bottle of Febreze.

PhotoDave219

douse it in bleach, run it in the wash, then let it dry. Once it dries, light up a propane grill, and light it. It's not worth wasting good charcoal over.

Proceed to remove the ashes, and place them in a Catholic Church. Then buy Mike a new hat and a bottle of Febreze.

Would that be a Boston Red Sox hat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom