KUNGALOOSH! I went to the Adventurer's Club and...

speck76

xanax and heavy drinking do not mix

I love the night life

I like to boogie

on the disco 'round....oh yea.....

BTW...Raglan Road now offers Calamari :D

WDWKat26

Original Poster
Sounds like I wasn't the only one that had a wild night at 8trax last night. :)

LOL, yeah, Erin and I got your text. We were partying at Wal-Mart looking at the new toothbrushes for kids that play songs. There's one that plays the Beach Boys, "Fun, Fun, Fun" and I got really excited :) BTW, Shawn if you want to e-mail me those wonderful pictures of the massive drink/whipped cream expedition my e-mail is Tinkerbellpixie9@aol.com :) I feel bad that you make a CD when it's just easier to e-mail! :) See you tonight?

PhotoDave219

The other day I saw a couple with a baby who could not have been older than 3 months. They probably stayed until 10 or so, then left.

Funny you should mention that.....

I can't stand it when I'm there, drinking and I'm in an adult nightclub and i'm tripping over strollers. Or i'm there being my usual self, somewhere along Mark Wahlberg's performance in "The Departed", and there's an 8 year old nearby that's very confused and wondering what some of the words and phrases i just used meant.

Plain and simple, your children don't belong in an alcoholic environment. If you think they do, there's something wrong with you.

A couple of summers ago, i sat on the steps of Adv Club, waiting for it to open. I counted 35 strollers passing me in 20 minutes.

Just leave the kids with a sitter....

speck76

Sounds like I wasn't the only one that had a wild night at 8trax last night. :)

that place looks crappier and crappier every time I enter.....

so I left....the Carquest idiots were back at RR.....conventioneers suck....but they are...if nothing else, somewhat entertaining

WDWKat26

Original Poster
Isn't that next to Mr. Feces Wild Ride?

Yes, and it's a part of the "Year of a Million Colonics"

And Dave, I know what you mean. It really bothers me that people bring their children into the club. I'm sorry, but just because YOU want to have a night out drinking, doesn't neccesarily mean THEY want to. I see kids passed out at 11pm and their parents with a drink in their hand. Let me tell you how attractive it is having a Kungaloosh in the cup holder on the stroller and your kid passed out inside it.

One thing that set me off was this one member induction (The one around 9). This woman had her kids and as the first verse of, "Drop your Drawers" started, this woman was like, "Excuse me, you're in my kids way, we can't see" I wanted to just say, "Your kids won't understand half of the stuff they talk about in the club anyway!". They ended up leaving 15 minutes after that.

speck76

there was almost a throwdown last night at Tambu.....one lady commented on how she did not think sitting at the bar was appropriate for children and the mother got in her face and was tossing around comments like "you're just ed because you are not a mother"....

good times were had by all....

anyway....my view

I really dislike kids....but I can tolerate them as long as they are
well-behaved. What bugs the hell out of me is when kids disrupt the
show, or run around (and disrupt me), or when I get dirty looks from
parents due to my (sometimes) adult vocabulary....

I drink....when I drink, I lose some of my censorship devices....I
don't really care what others think about it....they don't get a vote
on my behavior....

any parent who brings their kids into a bar needs to accept the fact
that their kids might hear or see something that the parents would
rather not have them see or hear....it is an implied risk with any
bar...Disney or not...

PhotoDave219

I'm sorry, but just because YOU want to have a night out drinking, doesn't neccesarily mean THEY want to.

It's a bar. Their job is to entertain and serve alcohol. Kids dont belong. I shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable at a bar simply because people have decided to bring their children with them. People can't give me a good reason as to why Children belong in an alcohol environment. I remember a few years back doing tequilla shots with a girl and turning around and seeing children. There's nothing that takes the fun out of the moment faster, really.

Now i'm not talking about the teenagers - those tend to serve as entertainment sometimes. I'm talking about the nine-year-olds and under. They have no business being in a nightclub.

WDWKat26

Original Poster
It's a bar. Their job is to entertain and serve alcohol. Kids dont belong. I shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable at a bar simply because people have decided to bring their children with them. People can't give me a good reason as to why Children belong in an alcohol environment. I remember a few years back doing tequilla shots with a girl and turning around and seeing children. There's nothing that takes the fun out of the moment faster, really.

Now i'm not talking about the teenagers - those tend to serve as entertainment sometimes. I'm talking about the nine-year-olds and under. They have no business being in a nightclub.

Amen.

AliciaLuvzDizne

yay tequila!
ya
i agree with all this kids in bar talk. I'm pretty sad that they allow it.

There was this wing place that we used to go to every tuesday that was strictly 21+ because it was a college bar and they offered ridiculously cheap pitchers that night so to keep track of it they enforced the 21+ rule. I remember being in there (around 10 or 11 PM) and watching this dad bring his kids in for wings...and they let him in, and he sat there with his kids surrounded by drunken college idiots (LOUD drunken college idiots) and it made me just so mad becacuse that is no environment for little ones.

RPMdfw

I have to say that I also wish they'd make the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse "21 and Up" as they've done with the other clubs.

Dubman

I appreciate the honesty of the posters concerning children at the club. I also share the opinion of a bar being no place for kids.. This is why I wanted to take our 7 month old son during the free preview time.. Is it that busy between 7-9pm where I should be concerned? If it is, we will stay away, but from what I remember in the past, there are not alot of people in the club at that time.. And the stroller would be staying in the car...:animwink:

SGT623

I appreciate the honesty of the posters concerning children at the club. I also share the opinion of a bar being no place for kids.. This is why I wanted to take our 7 month old son during the free preview time.. Is it that busy between 7-9pm where I should be concerned? If it is, we will stay away, but from what I remember in the past, there are not alot of people in the club at that time.. And the stroller would be staying in the car...:animwink:

You should be fine. :)
Depends on the day but usually not very busy at that time.

ºoº

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom