Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Lunch

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dinner

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

coltow

Original Poster
We will be Staying at Poly in December. We already plan to eat at Ohana twice (1 dinner and 1 breakfast). Seeing as we'll be there any way we want to also try Kona. Our problem is we cannot decide on which meal. Our group is myself, DH (both mid-30's), DS 5, DS 21 months, sister (29) and my mother.

Coree

If you can fit in breakfast and dinner I'd totally do it. Tonga toast is great for breakfast (though sweet and filling) and they also have really good eggs benedict. Kona is also on our must list for dinner now too. I love the beef teriyaki.

KeithVH

If you have to choose between lunch and dinner, try lunch. The crowds and you bill will be less but you'll still get basically the same food and service (which is great).

gatordoc

Breakfast is by far the best - the pineapple macadamia pancakes are to die for. Lunch is very good - plenty of interesting choices, and the Big Kahuna burger is one of the best burgers on property. Dinner the several times I have been there has been disappointing - in fact, the last time I asked them to make the pineapple macadamia pancakes for me, and the rest of the table was quite jealous!

MouseMadness

I vote for lunch OR dinner... either late lunch or early dinner, when it's not so busy. We did breakfast once to try the much lauded tonga toast, and :hurl: I thought it was vile :lol: :lookaroun Not a popular opinion, I know, but I did. :shrug: :eek:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We did breakfast and dinner at the Kona when we stayed at the Poly last year, and will be visiting again this coming trip probably for lunch.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Breakfast is the best.
Pineapple macadamia nut pancakes and the Kona press pot. Breakfast does not get any better than that.:slurp:

HollyBelle

Lunch!

My vote is for lunch! We have eaten all three meals there, and I would definitely say that lunch is my favorite. They have very good burgers and chicken sandwiches, as well as a great asian bbq pork sandwich. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the meals; we've never had bad experiences with food or service at Kona.

And I recommend the white chocolate cheesecake... VERY GOOD!

Foolish Mortal

I voted breakfast, but between breakfast and dinner you can't go wrong. Both are excellent meals. Where else are you going to find Tonga toast ?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DS and I book at least four breakfasts at Kona each trip and we always share an order of Tonga Toast. :slurp:

Of course, now that he's a teenager he may eat an order himself and I'll have the chance to try some of the other stuff they serve :lol:

And the press pot is some of the best coffee I've ever experienced! :slurp:

RUDancinDuck

Kona for breakfast

Kona is by far my favorite restaurant for breakfast. The coffee is the best in Disney. Eggs are always done to perfection. Eggs benedict and the Tonga toast are also favorites of mine at the Kona Cafe.

polynesiangirl

Kona is fantastic -- I went with breakfast but really we always have a good meal there. Major thumbs up from me.

I cannot *wait* to have Tonga Toast again!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom