• Breakfast

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Lunch

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dinner

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

minnie2000

I prefer lunch or dinner. We had breakfast there a few times and I tried the tonga toast and macadamia pancakes, but I didn't like them too much. They were OK, but I wouldn't order them again. Sorry everyone :eek:. I haven't really got a sweet tooth, and I don't like cinnamon so maybe that's why.

We have had great dinners there. The steaks are good, as is the belly pork (appetizer). The last time we were there though, I thought our waitress was a little short with us. We were on the DP, and for a change I ordered an apple juice with my meal, not realising that you didn't get free refills with apply juice. DH had diet coke. When we asked for refills she brought one for DH, but told me I wasn't entitled to a free one. She wouldn't let me switch to a diet coke, so I stuck with apple juice, and paid for it. But, she was quite happy to bring DH 2 more refills of diet coke, (one at a time) so what would have been the difference in giving one to me? We were pleasant with her, and didn't make a fuss, as it wasn't that important. We just felt that she was being difficult on purpose.

When we went in Dec we had dinner. The dinner was great! Try the sticky wings they are really good! My husband had the prime rib and said it was the best piece of meat he had all week long. My mother and father both had the prime rib and said it was better than the meat they had at the Concourse. I had the chicken and it was great. I highly recommend Kona for dinner we plan on going again this year.

elizs77

If you can fit in breakfast and dinner I'd totally do it. Tonga toast is great for breakfast (though sweet and filling) and they also have really good eggs benedict. Kona is also on our must list for dinner now too. I love the beef teriyaki.

I vote for lunch OR dinner... either late lunch or early dinner, when it's not so busy. We did breakfast once to try the much lauded tonga toast, and :hurl: I thought it was vile :lol: :lookaroun Not a popular opinion, I know, but I did. :shrug: :eek:

I have to add my two cents in here and say go for dinner. We had a lovely and relaxing dinner here this past Thursday. We had some of the best service of our entire trip. I got the Macadamian nut crusted Mahi-Mahi, and my husband got the beef Teryiaki. He actually said that Kona was his favorite sit down of the trip, and we ate at places like Le Cellier and 'Ohana. I had a wonderful Macadamina nut dessert as well that was kind of like chocolate pecan pie if you switched the nuts.

I did try the Tonga Toast at Poly's quick service, Capt. Cook's, yesterday morning. The bananas were VERY ripe, and heating them only made them sweeter. My husband and I both felt that we'd actually like the toast better without the bananas. The serving size was very generous but only about half of what you would get at Kona. But I thought it was more than plenty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom