Kingdom Keepers

jakeman

Original Poster
I used the search feature and did not see this. I thought I would let everyone know of a new fiction book that takes place in the Magic Kingdom after dark.

It is call Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. I just happen to see it on the day it was released and picked it up. It's a young adults book, but I'm 25 and am reading it. I am about halfway through and it is fairly good. The story is a little odd and since I'm not done with it I don't want to attempt to explain it.

If I did this link right it should take you to the Amazon page for the book: Click Here

If this thread is not in the right spot or if this has already been discussed please feel free to move it.

jakeman

Original Poster
It is also at Barnes and Noble. They might have a summary, but I have not looked.

If you also check out the author's website, I believe the first chapter is posted there.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
There is a brief summary on bn.com. The book sounds kind of interesting. Something about this kid being transformed into a holographic projection to guide guests through the park...the kid ends up in the park after closing, has an encounter with Maleficent and an old Imagineer. Apparently people are also trying to destroy the Magic Kingdom. Hmm....sounds interesting. It's only 12$ I think. Maybe i'll see if I can find time to read this one...has to be easier to read than Disney War...My last attempt at really reading anything Disney related outside of wdwmagic.com. :)

rainfully

I saw it when I was at WDW last week... I was very intrigued... almost bought it but decided to hold off to buy a used copy online... I didn't even realize that it was new!

The description on the back sounds scary... something about the dolls in IASW coming to life... :eek:

Pongo

I saw copies of it for sale in the Contemporary last weekend.

The plot DOES seem a little weird to me, but it's definitely something I want to read.

Enderikari

As a Disney fan who believes in preserving the magical guest experience, I was geniunely angry after reading the book. If I ever encounter the author, we will have a VERY vocal argument about appropriate content for a book.
Plus, for a book that was helped along by an imagineer, to put that Walt had an apartment on top of the Firehouse in Orlando is a glaring mistake.

Anyway, it was a fun read, but it ends abruptly and the author deserves a quick kick in the face.

Pongo

Enderikari said:
Plus, for a book that was helped along by an imagineer, to put that Walt had an apartment on top of the Firehouse in Orlando is a glaring mistake.

In Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, Cinderella Castle is erroniously referred to as Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Enderikari

Yeah, I read that one too. It at least happens well into the future, and doesn't ruin the magic of the MK today. Ridley Pearson ought to be ashamed of himself, and the person at Disney Editions, who is supposed to be monitoring content of the books, should be canned on the spot.

Pongo

Enderikari said:
Yeah, I read that one too. It at least happens well into the future, and doesn't ruin the magic of the MK today. Ridley Pearson ought to be ashamed of himself, and the person at Disney Editions, who is supposed to be monitoring content of the books, should be canned on the spot.

Well, I guess they figure that most people won't already know that there is even an apartment in DISNEYLAND, let alone ANYTHING in WDW.

Especially since the series (it WILL be a series, right?) is directed towards kid-ish ages.

But yeah, it is a little dumb that they don't pay as much attention to detail in the books as they do in the parks.

Funny story: I was in Books-A-Million and found a kids' book about "Extreme Architectural Structures," and in it was a little excerpt about Sleeping Beauty Castle and how it was modeled after Neuschwanstein. Only, instead of showing SB Castle, they had a picture of Cinderella Castle. They also said SB castle was in WDW.

I wanted to choke myself.

Enderikari

The fact that it is a yougn adult books makes their little jaunt into the utilidors absolutely disgustingly unnecessary, and a part of ruining the magic.

god I now hate that man.

Pongo

Tahu said:
Nothing wrong with using the Utilidors, as long as they don't mention CM's in character suits...

Or HALF in character suits for that matter.

Nothing worse than a Mickey body with a Joe CM head.

joshwill

tiggerific418 said:
There is a brief summary on bn.com. The book sounds kind of interesting. Something about this kid being transformed into a holographic projection to guide guests through the park...the kid ends up in the park after closing, has an encounter with Maleficent and an old Imagineer. Apparently people are also trying to destroy the Magic Kingdom. Hmm....sounds interesting. It's only 12$ I think. Maybe i'll see if I can find time to read this one...has to be easier to read than Disney War...My last attempt at really reading anything Disney related outside of wdwmagic.com. :)

i couldnt get thru disney war either, but i did enjoy down and out in the magic kingdom.

marksniles

tiggerific418 said:
Disney War is a tough read. I need a graphic to keep track of all the people he talks about! :)

disneynutt1225

marksniles said:
Disney War is a tough read. I need a graphic to keep track of all the people he talks about! :)

LOL, toward the end of the book I was reading sporadically, and every time he referred to someone with their last name only I'd have to go back and figure out who the heck he was talking about. An enjoyable book, but there should have been an accompanying poster-sized reference chart :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom