Kingdom Keepers

tomman710

I got the book last week and read through it in an evening. I thought it was well paced and very light and interesting. Some of the parts of the DHI's were a bit contrived but it is a children's book and I was able to summon that inner child and enjoy the book, especially because I have always day dreamed about being in the MK after dark and fighting some unknow evil on the rides and stuff.

I know I am a bit late on this but I wanted to chime in on the rabid hatred for the inclusion of the characters or lack of characters in the utilidor that has seemed to stir up alot of emotions:

My two cents is, this book is for 10 and up, and no offense to anyone because I believe in the magic and love and obssess over Disney World more than anyone but frankly if any kid 10 and up doesn't realize those characters are humans dressed up then you might need to take him to a doctor, because you have bigger things to worry about than this author writing some stuff in a book. Let's not get too too crazy about it.

Uponastar

tomman710 said:
I got the book last week and read through it in an evening. I thought it was well paced and very light and interesting. Some of the parts of the DHI's were a bit contrived but it is a children's book and I was able to summon that inner child and enjoy the book, especially because I have always day dreamed about being in the MK after dark and fighting some unknow evil on the rides and stuff.

I know I am a bit late on this but I wanted to chime in on the rabid hatred for the inclusion of the characters or lack of characters in the utilidor that has seemed to stir up alot of emotions:

My two cents is, this book is for 10 and up, and no offense to anyone because I believe in the magic and love and obssess over Disney World more than anyone but frankly if any kid 10 and up doesn't realize those characters are humans dressed up then you might need to take him to a doctor, because you have bigger things to worry about than this author writing some stuff in a book. Let's not get too too crazy about it.

I just finished the book and I pretty much agree with you on all counts, Tom.
I enjoyed the book, because I accepted it for what it was, a children's book with a theme, that it just so happens, interests me. I found it was able to keep my interest and I would definitely read any sequels. It was great to escape back to the Magic Kingdom again!

I agree, too, that if a child is old enough to read this book, he's old enough to understand the concept of the characters and the use of the utilidors. I don't think this book, in any way, would destroy the magic for anyone. But, that is just my humble opinion. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom