Kim Possible now Officially open

orlando210

There's a youtube video of the entire experience, though don't watch it unless you want spoilers. I'd say it's more of a 'team effort' than a competition. You could possibly start at the same time in separate countries and see who finishes first though. :shrug:

thanks for the G2 OLS.

JROK

My girlfriend and I did this yesterday, and I guess I'm one of the first that didn't have a lot of fun with it. My girlfriend and I love interactive games like this, we had a ball with MagiQuest in Myrtle Beach, but unfortunately this Kim Possible game was just... dull. And fyi, my girlfriend has had the Kim Possible message tone as her text message tone for a few months, so it's not like we don't like Kim Possible.

We thought how the elements were hidden in the different pavillions was clever, but the actual games themselves were boring. It was about 18min of listening to Wade tell a story, and about 2min of walking around activating things. There were no puzzles to solve, at least not in the three we did (Norway, Japan and UK). It seemed like they're really aimed towards tweens, which makes sense, but had very little to keep adults entertained. Plus, several times during our game experiences we'd have little kids standing by us or already at interactive pieces going through the game. We kept overlapping with other teams, something I had read never happened during the previews.

It's a nice distraction and a good step forward, however the games were just too easy. For instance they'd say, "Go find this shop to locate the next clue." And then proceed to show a photo of the shop with an arrow pointing to the clue. There was zero thinking involved in all three games we did which really took out the fun and "scanvenger hunting" aspects of it.

I'd enjoy it if it there were riddles or something like that, but this was just too forward and way too easy. I'd definitely suggests doing this if you're an AP holder or if you have children, but there's zero replayability with it.

Lee

Adventurer
Did it three times today.
Interesting, very well done...and way too easy for anyone over 10.

I'll give it another go when the wife is with me, but otherwise...no point.

Maybe if they put in a way to make it more difficult for adults...

MousDad

I don't see why adults should be surprised that it is not challenging for them. Clearly it is geared toward the tween set, that has outgrown the KidCot activites. As such it should be highly successful. Sure, I would do it by myself if I was alone, but I would not expect to be challenged.

hardcard

we did it yesterday with our 8,6, and 4 year olds.... it worked fine, and kept them engaged......

It really is fun! we intended just to 'try' it yesterday, and ended up going back and getting another mission after we finished the first one, too fun.. and REALLY well put together

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Did China and Mexico with friends yesterday. I was really happy to find out that there's different "missions" in each country that you won't have the first time around. That was my 2nd time doing China and the only things that were the same from my first time were the hotel visit and the ending.

EpcotServo

You guys know that's it not really supposed to be a GAME? Yes, there's a game element too it, but the focus isn't on difficulty or challenges , it's about telling a story via this medium in which there is no vehicle, and the drive and execution of the amusement is the extent to which the people playing has fun wandering around World Showcase, playing this little hidden Alternate Reality Role Playing Game. If it was about difficulty or challenges, there would be points or incentives and a clear winner.
:shrug:

sillyspook13

My girlfriend and I did this yesterday, and I guess I'm one of the first that didn't have a lot of fun with it. My girlfriend and I love interactive games like this, we had a ball with MagiQuest in Myrtle Beach, but unfortunately this Kim Possible game was just... dull. And fyi, my girlfriend has had the Kim Possible message tone as her text message tone for a few months, so it's not like we don't like Kim Possible.

We thought how the elements were hidden in the different pavillions was clever, but the actual games themselves were boring. It was about 18min of listening to Wade tell a story, and about 2min of walking around activating things. There were no puzzles to solve, at least not in the three we did (Norway, Japan and UK). It seemed like they're really aimed towards tweens, which makes sense, but had very little to keep adults entertained. Plus, several times during our game experiences we'd have little kids standing by us or already at interactive pieces going through the game. We kept overlapping with other teams, something I had read never happened during the previews.

It's a nice distraction and a good step forward, however the games were just too easy. For instance they'd say, "Go find this shop to locate the next clue." And then proceed to show a photo of the shop with an arrow pointing to the clue. There was zero thinking involved in all three games we did which really took out the fun and "scanvenger hunting" aspects of it.

I'd enjoy it if it there were riddles or something like that, but this was just too forward and way too easy. I'd definitely suggests doing this if you're an AP holder or if you have children, but there's zero replayability with it.

I assume the two of you are quite familiar with World Showcase...

I also assume that most of the people playing this game DON'T already know Epcot like the back of their hand...:lookaroun

I thought the game was easy too, but I work for Disney and visit Epcot nearly every week.:shrug:

sillyspook13

Did China and Mexico with friends yesterday. I was really happy to find out that there's different "missions" in each country that you won't have the first time around. That was my 2nd time doing China and the only things that were the same from my first time were the hotel visit and the ending.

That was a lot of fun! It was pretty cool comparing missions at the end since no two groups in our party had the same combination of tasks.:)

SirGoofy

Good to hear the positive reviews. Can't wait to do this when I'm down there next.

OT: POST #1776! w00t!

1776.jpg

Chroniq

For the posters that have played already? Do you think this will be something you find yourself playing every trip? For a lack of a better word does it have "rerideability"?

My wife and I are great World Showcase fans and will be there in a couple weeks. We travel to WDW usually twice a year and I'm wondering if this will be one of those things we will enjoy doing each visit?

JROK

I assume the two of you are quite familiar with World Showcase...

I also assume that most of the people playing this game DON'T already know Epcot like the back of their hand...:lookaroun

I thought the game was easy too, but I work for Disney and visit Epcot nearly every week.:shrug:

Yes, I've been to Epcot pleanty of times so it wasn't challenging when they said, "Find the Khoi pond." I already knew where to go. I guess this isn't designed for young adult annual passholders with no children.

And fyi said:
How did she get the Kim Possible ringtone?

I'm sorry, I don't know where she got it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom