Kim Possible Game Play now testing at Epcot

metscool

Tell every one that Kim is at Epcot and that hopefully this doesn't mean that there will be a meet and Greet at Epcot instead of Figment.

I can't imagine it being much anymore than $20. That, and I'm sure Disney will effectively bring up the need for the deposit AFTER the kids know what they will be doing.
:king: You seriously don't want to know the deposit price for the "kimunicator" Let's just say it's more then 100 dollars. =D After hearing the price, I nearly spilled my coke in the breakroom and laughed because noone in their right mind will put down that deposit.....seriously.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
:king: You seriously don't want to know the deposit price for the "kimunicator" Let's just say it's more then 100 dollars. =D After hearing the price, I nearly spilled my coke in the breakroom and laughed because noone in their right mind will put down that deposit.....seriously.

How much did you hear? Thanks

CrashNet

How much did you hear? Thanks
Steve,

It is actually $299, but its not a deposit in the literal sense. Your credit card information is taken but not used. If they don't get the phone back by the end of the day, they charge that amount per unit. That does mean if you have a family of four and you have two Kimmunicators, you will be charged $598. Again, its not charged unless they never get the Kimmunicator back.

They are expensive pieces of technology, and are much more complex than your standard cellphone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve,

It is actually $299, but its not a deposit in the literal sense. Your credit card information is taken but not used. If they don't get the phone back by the end of the day, they charge that amount per unit. That does mean if you have a family of four and you have two Kimmunicators, you will be charged $598. Again, its not charged unless they never get the Kimmunicator back.

They are expensive pieces of technology, and are much more complex than your standard cellphone.

Thanks for the info. Seems a sensible way of doing things. There really is no reason why anyone should fail to return the unit, so the payment should never really come into question.

CrashNet

This must have been something that they were talking about 1 to 2 years ago, because I remember reading on here that said that Disney was going to try to have more interactive things in the parks. I know they said something about Kim calling your cell phone. So this must be what they were talking about in late 2004 or early 2005.
They kept their word. :cool:
You are exactly right DisneyDellsDude. The original idea started a couple years ago and was recently bumped to the front of the line. They are going to test it here and then in a few other parks around the globe for reactions. If everything goes well, you may see a more permanent use of this kind of attraction/technology. :)

dxwwf3

There really is no reason why anyone should fail to return the unit, so the payment should never really come into question.

My question would be though, what if a kid (or parent) accidentially drops the unit or something along those lines and it no longer works. When the deposit is that high, I fear it might keep people from participating just to stay on the safe side.

I do hope this is popular and no major problems arise. It certainly sounds more imaginative and creative than a simple meet and greet.

bhg469

Steve,

I think what you are referring to is a "hold" on the credit card. When i used to manage a holywood video we would do the same thing with the game systems.

wannab@dis

My question would be though, what if a kid (or parent) accidentially drops the unit or something along those lines and it no longer works. When the deposit is that high, I fear it might keep people from participating just to stay on the safe side.

I do hope this is popular and no major problems arise. It certainly sounds more imaginative and creative than a simple meet and greet.
You're right... Damage for an item of that expense could be a big consideration for most parents. My assumption is that the device they use will be fairly "rugged" but I can easily see some kid messing around and dropping it off the friendship boat docks. :lol:

CrashNet

They are pretty tough in that they are more like supped up cell phones. I would guess they could take a pretty good beating. Its probably a judgement call. It if comes back and it just doesn't work, I'm pretty sure they would take it back and if you hadn't finished the game, give you another one to use. I don't know the answer for sure, but I would assume it would follow on a case by case basis.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
My personal bet, is that if you show up at Guest Relations or wherever the drop-off location is, missing a phone, but explaining how it went missing, or just holding a charred mass that was once a phone before Miyuki accidentally turned it into a candy dragon they'll understand be okay with it.

These things happen - you didn't just flat out try to steal the thing. I think the desposit on things like ECV's or the handheld captioning or translation devices is for you to protect it from all reasonable harm either.

You drop it, if gets run over by a person on an ECV using Handheld Captioning while wearing Ears to the World, well - you atleast tried to bring it back.

You stole it it, you pay for it. You unscrewed it to see how it work, you pay for it.

I have friends, who are jerks, who unscrewed poor Pal Mickey to see how he works and wouldn't be above doing just the same to any device in a park cuz - well - they're jerks.

Some people's weird obsession with technlogy and how it work cannot be stopped, despite proprietary information (and for godsake i told you it works infrared pulses!) and financial consequences (or mickey's guts).

dxwwf3

My personal bet, is that if you show up at Guest Relations or wherever the drop-off location is, missing a phone, but explaining how it went missing, or just holding a charred mass that was once a phone before Miyuki accidentally turned it into a candy dragon they'll understand be okay with it.

These things happen - you didn't just flat out try to steal the thing. I think the desposit on things like ECV's or the handheld captioning or translation devices is for you to protect it from all reasonable harm either.

You drop it, if gets run over by a person on an ECV using Handheld Captioning while wearing Ears to the World, well - you atleast tried to bring it back.

If that's the case, I don't really see any negatives to this addition. I would be lying if I said I had a clue about who/what Kim Possible actually is, but if the kiddies like it, at least this sounds like something worthwhile.

CrashNet

If that's the case, I don't really see any negatives to this addition. I would be lying if I said I had a clue about who/what Kim Possible actually is, but if the kiddies like it, at least this sounds like something worthwhile.
Thats pretty much it. Its an extreme situation that you would have to pay for the Kimmunicator if you brought it back and it wasn't working. They are top-of-the-line Nextel phones (look like their version of the Razr), so they can probably take a beating and keep on going strong. Not that I would try to see how much it can take. :lol:

The first few batches of surveys coming in actually have kids and parents alike really enjoying the game and having fun. It looks like its having a great start.

I predict that this will be a total flop. The treasure hunt/world showcase exploration idea sounds alright, but tying it to Kim possible is way too narrow of a focus as the children I know do not like Kim possible and wouldn't have interest in her leading the way. Maybe if they had used the iconinic Disney characters or the ones that existed in each pavillion already. If this is what all of the activity for the Imagination pavillion has been about, then all I can say is :hurl:

jedimaster1227

I am going to go on Saturday to do the Team KP thing and I plan on taping most of it (and of course, taking lots and lots of photos of upstairs Imageworks).

metscool

Laughing Place has a report and a few pages of pictures on Team Possible at EPCOT. Have to say it looks like a really cool idea and very well put together. It does give away a few spoilers as with what to expect but not everything. The article also contains a short video. http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-263.asp
Wait the person in the pictures has a cell phone. Do they give the phone or do you need a cell phone to do it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom