Kilimanjaro Safari's Radio Music

Uponastar

RSoxNo1 said:
Now all we need is someone to translate the text on Stitch's Great Escape. I started to do one of the walls the last time I got there but I only got as far as, "Warning... this ride is a steaming pile of..."

:lol: :sohappy:

I couldn't agree more!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Erik, you are the man.

Has this always been a part of the ride? Also, is there some reason why they do it in the Elephant section?

Irrawaddy Erik

Original Poster
hakunamatata said:
Erik, you are the man.

Has this always been a part of the ride? Also, is there some reason why they do it in the Elephant section?
It's always been there. It's the break in the story where everyone is just supposed to sit back and relax. Wilson is heading back to base and we are looking for Big Red's Herd.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Irrawaddy Erik said:
It's always been there. It's the break in the story where everyone is just supposed to sit back and relax. Wilson is heading back to base and we are looking for Big Red's Herd.
OK. I thought maybe it had some type of calming effect on the Elephants.

On a side note, we went to Rafikis Planet Watch for the first time. Had no clue the animals went to "barn" everynight. Disney did a great job of designing that attraction. You would never know when you are in the Lion area that the animal care areas are so close...

sillyspook13

Thanks to choir and my limited knowledge of the Swahili language, I had only gotten as far as figuring out that the song was religous.....:brick:

Thanks! *big thumbs up*

IDreamOfDisney

Irrawaddy Erik said:
After trying to find out a translation for the song on Kilimanjaro Safaris for a few months I can now conferm that the song is a swahili version of the Lord's Prayer.
Here is an English/Swahili lyrics and phonetics of the swahili.

You can download the song here . Please "save as" onto your harddrive.

Album: African Dawn
Title: Hapa Duniani

The Lord's Prayer

English: Our Father Who Art In Heaven
Swahili: BABA YETU ULIYE MBINGUNI
Phonetics: Bah-Bah Yay-too You-lee-yay mm-been-goo-nee

English: Hallowed Be Thy Name
Swahili: JINA LAKO LITU KUZWE
Phonetics: Gee-Nah La-co Lee-too Kooz-way

English: Thy Kingdom Come
Swahili: UFALME WAKO UJE
Phonetics: You-Fahl-may Wah-co You-jay

English: Thy Will Be Done
Swahili: MAPENZI YAKO YATIMIZWE
Phonetics: Mah-pain-zee Yah-co Yah-tee-meez-way

English: On Earth as it is in Heaven
Swahili: HAPA DUNIANI KAMAHUKO MBINIGUNI
Phonetics: Hap-pah Do-nee-ah-nee Kah-mah-who-co M-been-goo-nee

English: Give Us This Day
Swahili: UTUPE LEO RIZIKI YETU
Phonetics: Yoo-too-pay Lee-oh Ree-zee-kee Yay-too

English: Our Daily Bread
Swahili: UTUSAMEHE DENI ZETU
Phonetics: You-too-sah-may-hay Day-nee Zay-too

English: And Forgive Us Our Debts As We Forgive Our Debtors
Swahili: KAMA SISI NASI TUWASAMEHEVYO WADENI YETU
Phonetics: Kah-mah see-see Nah-see (Too-wah-sah-may-hayv-yoh) wah-day-nee ya-too

English: Lead Us Not Into Temptation
Swahili: NA USITUTIE MAJARABUNI
Phonetics: Nah you-see-too-tee-a Mah-jah-rah-bu-nee

English: But Deliver Us From Evil
Swahili: LAKINI UTUOKOE NA YULE MWOVU
Phonetics: Lah-kee-nee You-too-oh-coay Nah-you-lay Mwo-voo

English: For Thine Is The Kingdom
Swahili: KWA KUWA UFALME NI WAKO
Phonetics: Qwah Cu-wah U-fahl-may Nee Wah-co

English: The Power
Swahili: NA NGUVU
Phonetics: Nah N-Goo-Voo

English: The Glory
Swahili: NA UTUKUFU
Phonetics: Nah U-too-koo-foo

English: For Ever and Ever
Swahili: HATA MILELE
Phonetics: Hah-tah Mee-lay-lay

English: Amen
Swahili: AMINA
Phonetics: Ah-Mee-Nah

Erik, I still listen to this almost every day. I took some time this morning to follow the words and I get lost about half way through. Can you take a look? It may just be me. I have over the past few months shown a few people at work this post and every now and then I can hear someone playing it. I'm sure there is a special place already set aside for you. Wow.

Jay

Irrawaddy Erik

Original Poster
IDreamOfDisney said:
Erik, I still listen to this almost every day. I took some time this morning to follow the words and I get lost about half way through. Can you take a look? It may just be me. I have over the past few months shown a few people at work this post and every now and then I can hear someone playing it. I'm sure there is a special place already set aside for you. Wow.

Jay
If you follow the song what it does is that it gets to the line "Our Daily Bread" then they repeat the opening two lines. Then the chant starts with "With thine is the Kingdom, the Power, the Glory for Ever and Ever, Amen and continues like that till the end. So the lines "And Forgive Us Our Debts As We Forgive Our Debtors, Lead Us Not Into Temptation, But Deliver Us From Evil, For Thine Is The Kingdom" never occur in the song.

Hope that helps.

Sorry if this is off topic, but for those of you that liked the Safari song, try this one:

http://christophertin.com/samples/BabaYetu.mp3

It's not Disney but it should be IMO. I think about DAK everytime I hear it. Turn it up and enjoy! :)

Yeah, that's a great song. I got Civ IV from my wife for my birthday and have been playing that song a lot. I've been looking for the published music and haven't had any luck, so I've been working on a transcription for my church choir to sing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom