Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyFan77

Totally agree. When you go somewhere as a team you are representing the team and they have to learn that. So when one does wrong the whole team is wrong. It is called life and happens all the time.

New2WDW

I agree! They broke policy.

As to whether they should have evicted them the next morning as opposed to immediately...:shrug:....depends on the individuals reactions, disney management, etc.

Chape19714

If an exception is made for one person, then it will start to be routine. Rules are set for everyone, and need to be followed exactly as written. Disney rules are set for a reason, and everyone needs to understand that.

slappy magoo

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have. They could have said look you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning. Then our babies. We have one year old, two year old, three year olds, that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawaii team.

Hey, Labryanna, you and your neighbors could've handled your kids so much better, you know? You really could have. You could've said, you know what? You do anything that embarrasses the school or your families, you're off the team, out of school, and you'll reimburse the Pop Warner league for the expense of bringing you here for the "treat" of playing Pop Warner. Everything you've worked for is done. Now play nice.

But you didn't. Too bad. So sad. Go home.

BRER STITCH

...and yet another fine example of the problem with some of today's parents. Check out how some of them immediately blamed Disney instead of setting an example for the kids and teaching them about the consequences of bad behavior!

Not a big issue? Ask anyone who was ever on the receiving end of poor group behavior how it affected their family.

Fortunately when we were there last week, we only SAW masses of athletes and cheerleaders, and did not hear them. Why are they allowed to wear their uniforms into the parks when they are not on the playing field anyway??? Seems this would only contribute to the problem.... :shrug:

They all ought to be banned for life!

Nobody who goes to Disney World for a family vacation should be subject to kids whose families, for the most part, are not even there with them.

:cool:

al5957

To the parents of the teams that were kicked out:

If your looking for someone to blame look at your kids and yourself in the mirror.

Everybody is so quick to place blame nowadays, and its no way that its little jimmies fault. Its that big mean disney company...

What is this world coming to?

If i pulled something like that when i was a kid i would have had a flying backhand coming my way... and you bet your ______ it would not happen again.

smk

I have read here that it is really bad during Pop Warner time. I will never stay at the values during that time, it must be very bad if these three (I think I read that there were 3 teams) teams were tossed out. Maybe Disney should reconsider how many teams are allowed to participate? :shrug: Or reconsider Pop Warner all together? :shrug: I know one thing for sure...this is going to make all the teams going think about the kids they are taking and the expense of such a trip. If a team has kids on it who don't listen well and are prone to flying off the handle they should leave those kids behind or not go all together.

I think it is a privledge to play on a team and that is how it should be explained to the kids going, one bad apple CAN ruin the whole bunch. If my kids ever got kicked out of an event, and ruined a very expensive trip, and made the news....I don't have the words to express what would have happened.

miles1

I know it's the rule, but it stinks for the kids that weren't involved that they were kicked out as well.

Two thoughts:

First, it does stink for them. But Disney has no way of knowing if anybody was planning a retaliatory strike, or when. If an even bigger fight took place as a result, Disney would have been held responsible in court. Safer to have them off the property immediately.

Second, I'll bet that this is LAST time this ever happens. When teams are going next year, I'm sure their coaches will tell them that Disney does, indeed, throw people out in the middle of the night if they break the rules.

FLDISFAN

Agree,

This story along with the video should be given otu to EVERY large group before they leave showing what can happen.

Middle of the night is a bit harsh but like someone said who knows what sort of crap would of been pulled if they hadnt got an immediate boot.

Shaman

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have. They could have said look you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning. Then our babies. We have one year old, two year old, three year olds, that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawaii team.

Hey, Labryanna, you and your neighbors could've handled your kids so much better, you know? You really could have. You could've said, you know what? You do anything that embarrasses the school or your families, you're off the team, out of school, and you'll reimburse the Pop Warner league for the expense of bringing you here for the "treat" of playing Pop Warner. Everything you've worked for is done. Now play nice.

But you didn't. Too bad. So sad. Go home.

:lol:

I think they were within their rights to kick them out, but maybe it would've been a little less harsh if they would've waited 'til morning...

:shrug:

WDWCPF98

The article seems to downplay why the groups were asked to leave. It only says, "because of a fight between some of their athletes". We know at least three individuals were involved because three different teams were asked to leave. I bet if we heard Disney's version the small fight in the article would be described as a brawl.

bfbulldog

Original Poster
I find it amazing that the first thing the people involved with this whine about is how bad Disney treated them. HUH?? They treated Disney and everyone else visting Disney badly by not controlling their kids, they broke the rules and they were tossed just like Disney said they would be if something like this happened. There's not one mention from any of theses people referencing the poor behavior of their kids, just whining about how they had to pack up their other kids and leave and how bad Disney was for enforcing their rules.

Plus, I'm sure the incident in question is more than what's been reported, but truthfully even if it's not. I'm glad Disney tossed them out and didn't make an exception. It's really the only way they can ensure people truly understand that Disney won't tolerate this behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom