Key's to the kingdom- Video

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm working from home today and had a chance to record the segment on GMA with the first winners in the Year of a Million Dreams. The Spangler's had the Magic Kingdom to themselves this morning. The download is a little large (17MB) and requires that you have QuickTime loaded to view. Near the end it includes some computer renderings of the upcoming Cinderella Castle Suite. They also make reference to a contest GMA is running to be the first guests to stay in the suite.

Now available on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcsoTvgLMo

Meeko

When I click on the above link it brings up a blank window and then nothing appears. I have Quicktime loaded, is there something I'm missing?:veryconfu

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
You may just need to be patient, it sometime takes a little while to download. You might also try right clicking and downloading the segment to your local drive to play back. That might be more reliable.

teebin

Where were all of those CM's hiding in the middle of Main St? If they were in the shops, I wonder why the family didn't see them. Anyone here a CM that was there hiding?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Havn't seen the video yet (I slept through GMA) but the little side street on mainstreet is actually a big emergency-exit park-gate thing, so that's an option.

Plus, all the stairways for the Utilidors in the shops and the parking lots behind the shops and then of course the parade route entrances and then of course the shop areas and such.. well, there's lots of space to go.

Laura

Premium Member
That was awesome! My heart did a leap seeing all their faces when the street filled with CM's! Thanks so much for posting.

Meeko

Did it explain how and when they were chosen?

They entered the contest online at home in Ohio and were randomly selected I guess. If I remember correctly (yes, I entered) the questionnaire you fill out asks how many children in your family I believe. So maybe it wasn't completely "random." They did have one son, one daughter.... neither of which looked too excited to be there sadly!

a2grafix

Early this morning my TV station -- an NBC affiliate -- received a couple of faxes from WDW Media Relations promoting a satellite advisory for today.

Lo and behold the satellite announcement is what ABC Good Morning America was talking about this morning.

This is what the media news release says (minus the satellite coordinates and times for the feeds) ...

For the first time ever one lucky family has a dream come true as they get the Magic Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World Resort all to themselves. This never-before offered event is the first big dream awarded as Disney Parks launch The Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

The family will enter the Magic Kingdom and walk into a completely empty park with no other guests around. A red-carpet will line the entire length of Main Street USA creating a true VIP moment for the family. As they walk down the red carpet heading to Cinderella Castle, hundreds of cast members and characters will rush out to greet them and welcome them in true Disney style.

As the family continues their private adventure through the Magic Kingdom they will be able to enjoy all the attractions - all by themselves! Later in the day, when the park opens to guests, the family will serve as grand marshal of the Disney Dreams parade. Their dream day will be capped off with a provate viewing of the Walt Disney World spectacular fireworks show, "Wishes."

The Year of a Million Dreams is a first-of-its-kind event that celebrates the individual dreams of Disney Park guests from around the world. More than one million dreams will be awarded during the 15-month celebration. The Year of a Million Dreams launches this week at both Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World in Florida.

Hope this adds some background for us all.

Slipknot

Where were all of those CM's hiding in the middle of Main St? If they were in the shops, I wonder why the family didn't see them. Anyone here a CM that was there hiding?

They had curtains all around the shops windows and in that little alleyway between Uptown Jewlers and Market House was a temp. fence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom