KevinPage will Cry

General Grizz

Original Poster
I was talking to a few friends of mine who were at the Magic Kingdom yesterday. Apparently, Stitch *still* speaks on the monorail.

"Welcome to Stitch Kingdom!" (etc).

When questioning the driver, he responded, "No one likes it. The guests don't, the cast doesn't."

And Stitch's "patookie" can still be seen.

Oh well.

slappy magoo

Heh. Disney execs are so out of touch, they probably assume that the CMs are hating Stitch because they're "in character." Of COURSE, they hate Stitch. Stitch is supposed to be a pain in the keister to everyone except children. Whether you're an authority figure or a lowly plebe trying to get your work done, Stitch just gets in the way! If the CMs admitted to LIKING Stitch, he wouldn't be as interesting! Therefore they MUST be "pretending" to hate him!

Oh, and the millions of park/resort guests who hate Stitch with the fury of a thousand suns? Why, they must all be "in character" too! They're playing the part of the "Unsatisfied masses." Thanks for keeping the bit alive, guys!

Again, that's the suits talking, NOT Slappy Magoo. I wish that the little punk would go back to the circle of Uncreative Hack Hell from which he was spawned.

TheDisneyMagic

I really can not stand hearing Stitch on the monorail, first they changed the narator of the main spiel and then with the new spiel introduced Stitch, I really can not stand them changes, I understand that change is good, but these changes were a mistake in my honest opinion.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This must be one of those things where the peoples' message just doesn't hit home. STITCH IS OVERDONE. Slobber, snot, and farting jokes are not funny (most of the time) to those over the age of 6. The attraction is not enjoyable, and scares kids. He does NOT belong on the monorail spiel. He does NOT belong on the freakin' cover of the MK Park Map. Quit trying to shove him down the throat of every guest.

dxwwf3

slappy magoo said:
Heh. Disney execs are so out of touch, they probably assume that the CMs are hating Stitch because they're "in character." Of COURSE, they hate Stitch. Stitch is supposed to be a pain in the keister to everyone except children. Whether you're an authority figure or a lowly plebe trying to get your work done, Stitch just gets in the way! If the CMs admitted to LIKING Stitch, he wouldn't be as interesting! Therefore they MUST be "pretending" to hate him!

Oh, and the millions of park/resort guests who hate Stitch with the fury of a thousand suns? Why, they must all be "in character" too! They're playing the part of the "Unsatisfied masses." Thanks for keeping the bit alive, guys!

Again, that's the suits talking, NOT Slappy Magoo. I wish that the little punk would go back to the circle of Uncreative Hack Hell from which he was spawned.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"In character". That's some priceless stuff. And to be honest it's probably not that far from the truth. All guests and CM's need to be in character at all times. :animwink:

Cynderella

krzy4dzny said:
Don't forget that Stich has also taken over the wake-up call in the resorts.

This one really ticks me off because we are going in November and I wanted to use the wake up call (in the 20 times ive been there i never used it before) and go figure its gonna be all screwed up with stupid stitch. God I hate that thing.....I wanted MICKEY to wake me up :cry:

imagineer boy

krzy4dzny said:
Don't forget that Stich has also taken over the wake-up call in the resorts.

*RANT AHEAD*

Oh, for the love of god!!!! Mickey is supposed to be the wake up caller!!!!! :mad: :fork:

Man, I liked Stitch in the movie, but with all of this over advertising over a stupid attraction that replaced my most favourite Disney ride of all time, this is just p*ssing me off!!!!! !!#$!@#%$$%^#$%#$^$#%^%%%&^$&^%%&^%$%^@%$^#@$%&$%$%%$@*&#^*#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, sorry I had to get that off my chest.

MagliteL13

imagineer boy said:
*RANT AHEAD*

Oh, for the love of god!!!! Mickey is supposed to be the wake up caller!!!!! :mad: :fork:

Man, I liked Stitch in the movie, but with all of this over advertising over a stupid attraction that replaced my most favourite Disney ride of all time, this is just p*ssing me off!!!!! !!#$!@#%$$%^#$%#$^$#%^%%%&^$&^%%&^%$%^@%$^#@$%&$%$%%$@*&#^*#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, sorry I had to get that off my chest.

LOL

I think stich needs to get back in his spaceship, leave this atmosphere and collide into a meteor ----in a nice Disney sort of way.

CaptainMichael

Let's just say that I was extremely upset when we pulled into the Magic Kingdom Monorail Station and I hear, "Welcome to Stitch Kingdom" and prior to that it was "are we there yet?"

I hate Stitch!! I have never seen Lilo and Stitch and now it has gotten to the point where I never will. He is everywhere. They even have Father's Day Stitch dolls. Honestly, what grown man wants that?

nibblesandbits

Yeah, I can honestly say I was not a fan of the Stitch wake-up call. While Mickey is still on it a little (he's the one who calls first, but then stitch takes over for those of you who may not have heard it before) it's not the same b/c he's not the focus of the call anymore.

My question is...why can't they have a different wake up call for each different day??? That would bring about some difference and then maybe people wouldn't get tired of one character (Ok, let's be honest, Stitch) doing the wake up call. I think by having a different character wake you up everyday, people would be happier and then Disney could plug other characters as well. (Which as we all know is what Disney likes to do as of recent times)

I would hope that they would change the wake-up call by Nov...seeing as how Stitch will have been at MK for a year by then...maybe they will give us a wake-up call with a Yeti???

speck76

personally, I think Goofy should be the voice of the monorail, replacing the current guy.

I would love to hear Goofy say "Please stand clear of the doors - Por favor, mantegan se allejado de las puertas"

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
personally, I think Goofy should be the voice of the monorail, replacing the current guy.

I would love to hear Goofy say "Please stand clear of the doors - Por favor, mantegan se allejado de las puertas"

If they couldn't get "Monorail Guy" back, I would definately vote for your idea :lol:

That would be hillarious.

General Grizz

Original Poster
It's funny. Lilo and Stitch was the first new release since Beauty and the Beast that I bought on video - I LOVE the film. I went out and bought merchandise, which is strange for me as I don't have much as far as film collectables go.

The problem isn't the character, per se (even though his personality in the second half of the film is cute without being destructive; remember his name is STITCH). It's the fact that marketing has gone mad out of a failing attraction.

It's almost as though this division lives in its own bubble apart from WDI and the guest point of view.

Perhaps if the attraction were good or well received, such promotion could be considered more highly. But when the attraction is treated like the next Disney attraction messiah, it bashes the entire image of the resort and the defintion of an "exciting, innovative, new Disney experience."

speck76

Remember back to The Lion King.....it has the film at The Land, it had the show in FL, a float in the MK parade, CoL was featured during Illuminations 25, then, the show at DAK......

this is really no different

GymLeaderPhil

I like the new Stitch monorail spiel. The older one felt like a commerical, but this one is better in some ways (minus the Stitch Kingdom stuff).

Usually the incoming monorail has to stop for clearance near Tommorowland and the part where Stitch asks "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" comes on. I find that hilarious the first time I heard it.

Then, when you finally reach the station and you hear Stitch bump his head on the way out, that had me cracking up.

I think marketing has done an amazing job with the character, but its overkill now. If you flood the market, all of the parts of the franchise per se have to be of quality. Since the attraction is lacking in that department, the marketing suffers. However, viewed alone, I think the new Stitch spiel on the monorail is great. I can't wait to see what other characters pop up next.

General Grizz

Original Poster
speck76 said:
Remember back to The Lion King.....it has the film at The Land, it had the show in FL, a float in the MK parade, CoL was featured during Illuminations 25, then, the show at DAK......

In that sense, no -- but remember that the Lion King promos were advertising a blockbuster movie with quality attractions whereas the Stitch advertisements promote a poorly received attraction.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:

Well the Lion King was a world wide smash and L&S was a minor hit, for starters. And you didn't see Simba all over the parks like you see Stitch. If there were multiple attractions based on L&S (Some people forget about the "L") and they were as good as the Lion King attractions, I dont' think anyone would have a problem. But if there had been a "Simba Kingdom" announcement on the Monorail back then along with other overkill ads, you would see the same type of backlash.

So it really is different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom