Keepsakes from your trip that don't cost you a thing......

puntagordabob

Well we have collected many of the things mentioned (such as the towel animals, park maps, DVC Welcome Home folders monorail license ,etc...)

One thing I tend to keep is the parking placard for the resorts....its not really intentional, but I never have the heart to throw it into the trash so it tends to "live" in the car somewhere until our next trip when a new one takes its spot...

My favorite items to collect are anything related to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (I prefer the Disneyland show to the current WDW one for sure!), and anything related to The Contemporary Resort.

My favorite item is was one of the items given to us for being the first DVC member to ever check in to the Bay Lake Tower on Aug 4,2009... a wooden (walnut perhaps) storage box with gold colored logo of The Contemporary resort on it... I have never seen one before, nor since.... it is a prized possession and it was free so it counts, no?

LoriMistress

I've kept park maps, Mickey confetti, Mickey soaps and shampoo bottles from the resorts, our park tickets, MVMCP tickets and wrist bands, and we keep some of our unusable FP's from our trips.

disneysroyal411

Over the years I've enjoyed keeping things such as mickey confetti to especially my Key to the World card. But Disney kept something of mine in return, My $300 16G Ipod Touch!:fork:
Stupid Mouse Service stole it. I forgot it in my iHome at the Poly when we went to Capt. Cooks for lunch and then to the quiet pool, which is amazing, for a swim. I didn't realize it was gone until the last day, of course they took it the day before, and will never forgive them for that.:fork:

GoofyFan1

I grab extra napkins and every once in a while I'll drop one in my daughter's lunch. It's great to see her face in the lunchroom when she sees her little piece of Disney World. (She attends the high school where I teach.)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I grab extra napkins and every once in a while I'll drop one in my daughter's lunch. It's great to see her face in the lunchroom when she sees her little piece of Disney World. (She attends the high school where I teach.)

Awww, that's cute.

redfive13

We keep all the vacation info from AAA & Disney, the packet that comes in the mail, tickets, keys, receipts (baby's first haircut, etc). We like to look over it from time to time, especially when we are planning our next trip.

WDW-Crazy

For us, we always keep the following on every trip:

-Napkins (I have ones before the Hat was added to the Studios when they used to use the Earful Tower as the icon, as well as 100 Yrs of Magic and Year of a Million Dreams)

-Paper cups from the counter service restaurants (have the WDW logos and such on them)

-Plates from the counter service restaurants (have the WDW logos and such on them)

-Shampoo and soap from the hotel.

-Vacation planning materials from AAA when we book our trips.

-Park Guidemaps (I'm sure everyone does this lol)

-Room key cards and park tickets

That's what I can think up of what we do at the moment. I know there's more, just can't think. ;)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Brilliant! :D Ill have to use that one.

The norms: park maps, toiletries and bags.

Epic Epcot

- Countless of Guidemaps
- My Disney Conservation Program pin
- Monorail licences
- Hotel keycards from offsite hotels, but they usually have ads for attractions at WDW (and the occasional pizzeria)
- Unused Fastpasses
- The WDW guidebooks they have at Turnpike plazas and hotel lobbies
- Expired park tickets
- A Sci-Fi Drive In frisbee
- Toiletries
- A soda mug from BB and TL

When my son was six the teacher asked his class what they wanted to be when they grew up. While the other kids said doctor or lawyer or policeman, my son told the class he wanted to be Canadian! He was really infatuated with Canada and mounties. So, when we went to WDW that year we went to Canada in Epcot, where my son proceeded to tell all the young Canadians working at the shops how he wanted to be Canadian. We purchased a Canadian Mountie and some other stuff and they said they would ship it to our room.

Well, when the packages arrived there was a package of stuff from the kids in Canada including coloring books, some books on Canada, postcards and a special certificate made by them proclaiming my son an honorary Canadian! Needless to say that became a priceless disney artifact in our house.

Reminds me of the time when I wanted to grow up to be the Prime Minister of Canada... even though I was born and raised in Miami... and never been to Canada. :lol:

GoCamels

1. Ran out of shampoo and body wash this weekend...thankfully a bag full of Aquatics from the Poly stay last June.

2. Probably the weirdest: two small chunks of asphalt from MK hub, pavement had come loose/broken up against one of the rails.

Mikester71

When my son was six the teacher asked his class what they wanted to be when they grew up. While the other kids said doctor or lawyer or policeman, my son told the class he wanted to be Canadian! He was really infatuated with Canada and mounties. So, when we went to WDW that year we went to Canada in Epcot, where my son proceeded to tell all the young Canadians working at the shops how he wanted to be Canadian. We purchased a Canadian Mountie and some other stuff and they said they would ship it to our room.

Well, when the packages arrived there was a package of stuff from the kids in Canada including coloring books, some books on Canada, postcards and a special certificate made by them proclaiming my son an honorary Canadian! Needless to say that became a priceless disney artifact in our house.

GREAT story!!!:sohappy:

Mikester71

- Countless of Guidemaps
- My Disney Conservation Program pin
- Monorail licences
- Hotel keycards from offsite hotels, but they usually have ads for attractions at WDW (and the occasional pizzeria)
- Unused Fastpasses
- The WDW guidebooks they have at Turnpike plazas and hotel lobbies
- Expired park tickets
- A Sci-Fi Drive In frisbee
- Toiletries
- A soda mug from BB and TL

Reminds me of the time when I wanted to grow up to be the Prime Minister of Canada... even though I was born and raised in Miami... and never been to Canada. :lol:

:ROFLOL:Great gig if you can get it!!! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom