Keep Your Hands Inside The Boat - Alligators

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Be careful around WDW lakes -

NAPLES, FL -- Florida wildlife officials say a 10-foot alligator bit off a man's hand while he was swimming in a canal with friends.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokeswoman Gabriella Ferraro says 18-year-old Timothy Delano of Naples is recovering at a hospital. Officials managed to catch the gator and retrieve the hand from its stomach, and doctors may be able to reattach the hand.
Ferraro says Delano was swimming with three friends around 9:30 p.m. Sunday when the alligator attacked.
The men swam to shore and drove to a gas station, where they called 911. Delano was flown by helicopter to a hospital.
Wildlife officials say people should stay out of freshwater canals and lakes this time of year because alligators are more active, especially around dawn and dusk.

wdwmemories

If there is a natural body of water in Florida you can be assured there are gators living in it. While the little ones (under 5 feet) aren't much to worry about, the big ones can really be very very scary! :eek:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As a good practice, always look under the beds when you first check into your room.

:rolleyes:
And in the bathrooms in Adventureland.

Jun25_0001.jpg

MKCP 1985

This just in . . . breaking news flash . . .

Experts now say there are alligators in Florida and they inhabit bodies of water.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. I would worry more about the poisonous snakes, personally.

As an aside, there are also lions in Africa. I wonder how many soccer players competing in the World Cup were eaten by lions. :lookaroun

raven

Do you think they are on Disney property? I never thought about it before. That could be scary.

They are everywhere. If you are on a Disney bus going through property pay close attention to small bodies of water and you just might see one. I see them all the time driving home from work behind MK.

This "little" guy (5 foot) lives in the pond across the street and I took this picture from my balcony:
Picture094.jpg

dave&di

They are everywhere. If you are on a Disney bus going through property pay close attention to small bodies of water and you just might see one. I see them all the time driving home from work behind MK.

This "little" guy (5 foot) lives in the pond across the street and I took this picture from my balcony:
Picture094.jpg

Oh my god!!! I couldn't imagine what I would do if I saw this from my bedroom window! I'm from England and we do not get gators wandering around, if this happened it would be on the National News! It took me a few days to get used to seeing Gecko's darting around on the sidewalk last time I visited WDW! We don't get them here either! I developed a love for the Gecko's, not sure about the Gators! Are Floridians not scared of gators? Is it really common to see one? :veryconfu

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh my god!!! I couldn't imagine what I would do if I saw this from my bedroom window! I'm from England and we do not get gators wandering around, if this happened it would be on the National News! It took me a few days to get used to seeing Gecko's darting around on the sidewalk last time I visited WDW! We don't get them here either! I developed a love for the Gecko's, not sure about the Gators! Are Floridians not scared of gators? Is it really common to see one? :veryconfu
I am not scared of them. I have a healthy respect for them but I am not going to run away screaming like a girl if I see one. Gator attacks on humans are quite rare. The only time they really become dangerous is when people begin to fee them.

They are very common in Florida. The assumption that every body of fresh water in the state of Florida has a gator in it is quite accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom