Keep Your Hands Inside The Boat - Alligators

Tiggerfanatic

Yeah...can't just leave them by the side of the road..like the road kill deer we have here in Illinois. Instead of counting license plates you can count the deer.

If you think you've got a lot of dead deer on your roadsides, try coming to my little corner of Pennsylvania! Anyone on here remember the fracas several years ago when the State Highway paved over a deer carcass? And a girl here at work posted a picture on her Facebook page of a dead BEAR on the road on her way home the other day.

rsoxguy

Why do you refer to yourself as a redneck? Have you no self-pride? What do you even consider a redneck? I consider rednecks are ignorant and racist- they're all around me. I've never really heard someone call themselves a redneck before and be proud of it so I don't think I'm gonna go any further than this. Sorry.

And "as for the rest", sorry buddy that I don't want the gator to eat one of my 2 small dogs alive.

:rolleyes:

Just wait until you come face to face with one and we'll see your "outdoor skills" come into play.

Challenging me on the gator facts is acceptable because I'm no expert, but really? Really?

Scar,
I hesitate to address you regarding this matter because the Forum has been filled with so much controversy and hostility these days. I hope that you will take this post with a measure of understanding regarding my purpose. I have never communicated with scpergj, nor am I familiar with any of his posts. I believe, however, that the nature of his offense with the term "redneck scum" derives from the generalization associated with any statement that lumps people together in a negative sense. Please allow me to give you an example in order to highlight my point. Let's say that someone on this Forum used the "N" word in reference to black people and additionally called them scum. Let's further say that a black member of this forum then chimed in and stated that they took offense to that comment. Let's say that the OP then stated, "why do refer to yourself as a "N" ? Have you no self-pride? I consider "N's" to be.." Scar, can you see where the "N" word is offensive to all blacks when used in any form, regardless of how the phrase is intended? We can not say that some blacks have a poor self-image when taking offense to such a label because the phrase is only intended to be used against the ignorant and racist blacks. Such is the case with some Southerners regarding the use of the words "redneck scum". The term is insulting because it is seen as a malicious, bigoted, and ignorant generalization about a group of people. Your intended use of the words is, in a sense, irrelevant. The fact remains that a racist and insulting term was used, and a class of people see it as an affront against their very existence. Some may ignorantly claim that they do not use the "N" word as an insult to all blacks, but we know better, don't we? And some may say, "why would a black person see themselves as being the scum for which I intended the comment", but we know better, don't we? Such is the case with derogatory terms used against Southerners. Please do not take this as an assault against you Scar, it is intended as a source of help; honest.

(BTW, I was born in Boston, and I have lived the greater length of my life in South Florida. If you met me, you would never guess that I was from the South, believe me. I have never been mistaken for a "redneck", nor am I black, and I assure you that this issue was not taken personally.)

Xethis

Why do you refer to yourself as a redneck? I've never really heard someone call themselves a redneck before and be proud of it so I don't think I'm gonna go any further than this.

I'm only tossing this out there to maybe lighten the mood & add a laugh, maybe.

I was born in Rhode Island, grew up in California & somehow ended up settling down in Texas. I'm a long haired, tattooed heavy metal kind of guy that could not be further from the redneck stereotype. I work for a large company that is mainly guys who drive "big 'ol trucks", wear boots, cowboy hats, chew "ta'bakka" and proudly sport at least one item of camoflage clothing a week.

Here's why I found this funny & hope someone else does too. Most of these guys refer to themselves as rednecks, and are most definitely proud of it. They use the term to label themselves the way kids did in high school; jock, geek, preppie, etc. and they've told me that they're proud to be rednecks because that means "they ain't no metro or yuppie". I got used to this not long after I sarted here, but to this day I chuckle when I over hear them talking to each other about some things.

They also use the term 'neck' to describe things they think are macho-cool. I hear things like: "Man, I got that new truck & had to get a grill guard & lemme tell you, it's 'Neck!" or "Whoo, did you see the size of that pick-up? Now that's 'Neck right there".

Again, not being from the South I find this all in humor & fun, and mean no offence to anyone, 'neck or not.

DisneyLeo18

Yeah. tournament down in Florida. I hooked my ball in the rough down by the lake. Damned alligator just POPPED up, cut me down on my prime. He got me, but I tore one of that ______________'s eyes out though.

Xethis

Yeah. tournament down in Florida. I hooked my ball in the rough down by the lake. Damned alligator just POPPED up, cut me down on my prime. He got me, but I tore one of that ______________'s eyes out though.

"Chubbs, remember the gator that got your hand? Well, I got his head."

Priceless

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom