Keep Space Mountain the way it is?

allstar01

Original Poster
It seems to me there is alot of talk lately about a major rehab of Space Mountain.There is a part of me that wolud like to see more added to the ride to make it more thrilling.There is also a part of me that considers it a classic and would like to leave the ride as it is.
Anyone else feels this way?

Buford

I think the ride is awesome -- no matter what, I say it needs a SMOOTHER track....not necessarily faster...

.....although I will take Disneyland's ANY DAY....:D :D

FollowurDream

While I like new rides, I don't think Space Mountain should change. I like the rickity track! :sohappy:

Just as long as it's safe, don't change it!

Pongo

I'm all for Disney taking out the track and putting a smother track in, OF THE SAME DESIGN - two tracks that mirror each other with single-seater cars.

Our Space Mountain is unique and it needs to STAY that way.

barnum42

A little TLC is all it should need. Maybe update some of the lighting effects and smooth out the ride to how it once was, but much of its charm lies in its being a classic original.

If Space Mountain should be updated because it's old, then the steam train needs updating to electric, Main Street should be demolished to make way for a mall and the paddle steamer ditched in favour of a hydrofoil ;)

Horizons1

The rehab would/should be more of just a refurb. We dont need a show or story change. We need an update on technology and lighting. We need an update on track, an update on computer systems (I would imagine). Completely new vehicles with sound systems. WDW's is the original that started all the clones, its needs some luvin too.

And while were at it, I really would like to see the outdoor lighting, that the colors change in between each row and dance back and forth on the roof, become part of SM's permanent night time lighting rather than just making appearances for MNSSHP and MVMCP. Just a thought...

imagineer boy

Pongo said:
I'm all for Disney taking out the track and putting a smother track in, OF THE SAME DESIGN - two tracks that mirror each other with single-seater cars.

Our Space Mountain is unique and it needs to STAY that way.

Exactly. The rough track really takes away the illusion that its a smooth space flight. I would very much like to see WDW's SM get a rehab similar to DL's.

Lee

Adventurer
My first choice: Gut it. Rebuild it with one long track, side by side trains, audio, greatly enhanced effects.

Minimum: Gut it. Keep the same layout, but replace all the track, new trains, audio, new effects.

My hatred of that ride in it's current state knows no limits. Classic-schmassic...it's an embarassment.

HinunterZuNich

Here's what I think should be done with Space Mountain, one of my most liked attractions in WDW:

1) Keep the same layouts but re-do the track
2) New trains with the older "U shaped" restraints!
3) If speakers on the trains cannot be added, add speakers to random parts of the ride so that the beginning, middle, and end of the ride have distinct soundtracks.

.......otherwise the ride is great! I like the single formation trains and dual layout. While the ride may not got fast, it will always bee one of my favorite roller coasters ever. It's fun and each time feels like the first!!

Tim G

Here's what I think should be done with Space Mountain, one of my most liked attractions in WDW:

1) Keep the same layouts but re-do the track
2) New trains with the older "U shaped" restraints!
3) If speakers on the trains cannot be added, add speakers to random parts of the ride so that the beginning, middle, and end of the ride have distinct soundtracks.

.......otherwise the ride is great! I like the single formation trains and dual layout. While the ride may not got fast, it will always bee one of my favorite roller coasters ever. It's fun and each time feels like the first!!
You´re thinking too much of the Paris configuration...
The Paris config is not possible in WDW... and it won´t be done anyway...

I'd hate to see it changed any; I hope that the upcoming refurbishment is just a regular maitenance check. Although I could live with a new track, I think Space Mountain should be left the way it is since it's a Disney classic.

"Por favor mantanganse alejado de las puertas."

doctorcfjh

I visited Walt Disney World for the first time last year. Of any ride in all of Orlando, I was most disappointed by Space Mountain. That is not to say that it was, by any means, my least liked attraction - however my first introduction to Space Mountain was in Paris. The audio, effects and excitement on the Parisan ride are immersive and thrilling. The bumpy track and lackluster middle/end part of the floridian attraction made for a depressing comparison.
:rolleyes:

Walt would not have let an attraction slip from its former glory to a shady comparison of what it might be. MK's Space Mountain needs 'plussing'. The Disney theme park model is dynamic - it is essential to continuing to provide a magical guest experience.
:)

Pete C

I highly doubt it will be a 30M maintenance check. Personally, I don't care what they do as long as they keep the spirit of the ride in tact and make the effects better and more immersive. I don't know why people are so averse to change. They are not going to ruin SM. Have some faith in Disney to do it right...look at DL's refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom