keep an eye out

BryceM

actually, yes, I've been to universal orlando about 4 times in the past year. Each time, I spend about 2 hours there before becoming bored and leaving. I find it to be incredibly un-amusing and not at all what it claims to be. Have you even been to WDW?
I agree with what Raven said. It's fine if you prefer Disney to Universal. Some people prefer Universal to Disney. Generally, most like both. But it's ridiculous to state that Disney is "worlds above Universal" when they are constantly pushing the limit on state of the art attractions and amazingly themed areas. What was Universal claiming to be to you?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think it is funny how often Universal and Disney are compared...let's face it, Universal finally updated something, which took them around 4 years after it's original announcement, and we are all saying that disney is doing things to combat it? Disney updates constantly...Universal never has...hence why one of their rides is based off of Terminator 2! Disney will always be worlds above Universal...I know that wasn't an argument, I just wanted to say it ;)

I hope cars land isn't coming to DHS. Cars was one of the least profitable pixar movies and I believe it got more than it deserved when they gave it a sequel.

I am not sure what you are getting at with Universal. In the past three years they have...

- Opened Wizarding World of Harry Potter which includes a cutting edge E-ticket attraction.
- Updated Jimmy Neutron to Despicable Me.
- Updated all the video in Spiderman.
- Introduced a new Lagoon show in Universal
- Introduced a new parade in Universal
- Built Transformers which will open in a couple months.
- Built a highly themed 36 hole min-golf course.

and have started work on...

- A new value hotel resort
- Wizarding World Phase 2 which is supposed to have 2 cutting edge rides
- Simpsons themed area with a new ride

and they don't show any signs of stopping after all of this.

BryceM

I am not sure what you are getting at with Universal. In the past three years they have...

- Opened Wizarding World of Harry Potter which includes a cutting edge E-ticket attraction.
- Updated Jimmy Neutron to Despicable Me.
- Updated all the video in Spiderman.
- Introduced a new Lagoon show in Universal
- Introduced a new parade in Universal
- Built Transformers which will open in a couple months.
- Built a highly themed 36 hole min-golf course.

and have started work on...

- A new value hotel resort
- Wizarding World Phase 2 which is supposed to have 2 cutting edge rides
- Simpsons themed area with a new ride

and they don't show any signs of stopping after all of this.
Don't forget general upkeep, which appears to be better than Disney, such as the full repainting of Seuss Landing and Toon Lagoon and just keeping things fresh and pretty around both parks.

ParentsOf4

Don't forget general upkeep, which appears to be better than Disney, such as the full repainting of Seuss Landing and Toon Lagoon and just keeping things fresh and pretty around both parks.
We just returned from a long weekend in Orlando and loved Universal. Last decade, my DW did not like Universal. Now, she is enamored with the place. General upkeep is now on par with Disney while, having been at WDW during Thanksgiving, ride maintenance is better. They have several outstanding attractions. If it wasn't for the Magic Kingdom, Universal would have the better theme parks.

I understand many prefer the Mouse; so do I. Universal simply doesn't offer the same Disney magic. I also have my favorite sports team but am not foolish enough to think my team is better when they lose. Right now, Universal is winning.

Cmdr_Crimson

Is that real?

Carsland sells the Chili CONE Queso...Seems Legit.
8395875035_9f22c24c44.jpg

PeterAlt

hiptwinmama

That same article said the DCA redo cost $4 billion. We all know it was more like $1.3-$1.5 billion. If they can't get their facts right, are you really going to trust everything they say? The surveyors they mentioned could have been there for any project, not necessarily Cars.

Cars at DCA is a freaking Cash Cow for Disney.... I think all of the new parking that will be coming to DHS is because of Carsland....there is no way the current lot could satisfy all the new visitors that would be attending the park if Carsland, Pixar Place Expansion, and StarsWars expansion were done. Let's face it like it or not Disney is all about the $$$ and in park merchandise sales. I think we will see some HUGE projects and strong re-theming at DHS. I think anyone who thinks we aren't getting cars at DHS is in denial, Carsland=$$$$$ in merchandise and food sales, plus an overall increase in visitors and an increase in length of stays.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
That pretty much confirms Cars Land coming.

(Or, alternatively, the TDO cliff notes version thereof, consisting of the gift shop and the highest value added f&b)

Or we're getting the safety cone cups and Lightning McQueen buckets and calling that Cars Land. We're only 6 months out from being told that the safety cone cups rely on obsolete technology and are thus being discontinued.

The Empress Lilly

Or we're getting the safety cone cups and Lightning McQueen buckets and calling that Cars Land. We're only 6 months out from being told that the safety cone cups rely on obsolete technology and are thus being discontinued.
I wouldn't put it beyond TDO to suffice with cone cups for Cars Land indeed, only to then in two years time remove the theming of the cups as a cost cutting measure. Leaving us with blank white $14,95 cones for Orlando's Cars Land.

PeterAlt

Cars at DCA is a freaking Cash Cow for Disney.... I think all of the new parking that will be coming to DHS is because of Carsland....there is no way the current lot could satisfy all the new visitors that would be attending the park if Carsland, Pixar Place Expansion, and StarsWars expansion were done. Let's face it like it or not Disney is all about the $$$ and in park merchandise sales. I think we will see some HUGE projects and strong re-theming at DHS. I think anyone who thinks we aren't getting cars at DHS is in denial, Carsland=$$$$$ in merchandise and food sales, plus an overall increase in visitors and an increase in length of stays.
I say cloning CL would be a good business move. That aside, I also think there's something to these rumors. Something is about to happen at DHS.

All of that aside, the RCID Master Plan for the property clearly says that DHS expansion is to occur across from World Drive. Now, this idea, I know doesn't sit well for the folks here maybe because it is hard to imagine. Well, here's an exercise that will make it crystal clear. Using Google Earth or Google Maps or Apple's iMaps, zoom into Disneyland Paris. You will see high speed rail tracks going right through the property. Look south of the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. They have built very wide pedestrian crossings over the rail road tracks. These crossings are so wide that you don't even feel like you're walking on a bridge! Now, imagine the railroad crossings being World Drive and the Disneyland Paris Magic Kingdom being DHS. Imagine the area over the bridge (which is Downtown Disney Paris, if I'm not mistaken) as being the DHS expansion area. It could work.

Fantasmic

Uni haven't actually OFFICIALLY announced WWOHP part 2 yet.... so to say that they're 4 years behind is crazy...

PLUS they have demolished and entire building, and built a massive new building and ride in LESS THAN A YEAR. Uni's rate of improvement and construction... it's amazing.

shipley731

There is a good reason why Universal never has updated Terminator...it's because it is an awesome show. You don't have to have ever seen any Terminator movies to enjoy it. Well done, very well choreographed and clear and sharp 3D. No need to improve something that is already great and really cannot be improved. JMHO!

I will agree that the Terminator show is good, but I really think they could at least update the pre-show. Shaq hasn't played for the Magic since 1996. While my husband & I always get a laugh out of the pre-show, we laugh harder at the teenagers that are perplexed at Shaq being in a Magic uniform. Granted we haven't been to USO in a couple of years - so if this has been updated since, ignore my post.

cheezbat

I will agree that the Terminator show is good, but I really think they could at least update the pre-show. Shaq hasn't played for the Magic since 1996. While my husband & I always get a laugh out of the pre-show, we laugh harder at the teenagers that are perplexed at Shaq being in a Magic uniform. Granted we haven't been to USO in a couple of years - so if this has been updated since, ignore my post.
Umm...Shaq hasn't been in a Magic uniform in the preshow in years. The colors are that of a Lakers jersey.

There's no reason to change it...seeing as how after the Lakers Shaq played for the Heat, Cavs, Celtics, and pretty much half of the other teams in the NBA before finally retiring. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom